Bogies Senior Open 2019

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
Hi all,

Steve Booth and I arrived in Houston on Thursday at the Houston Hobby airport, after picking up our luggage, and our rental car we then drove to LAquinta Suites hotel which was located at the George Bush airport (Southwest does not fly into the George Bush airport) after delivering our luggage and checking in at home we decided it was time to go to Bogies.

Steve and I went our separate ways at Bogies and we both started practicing on different tables and before you knew it it was time for the calcutta, after the calcutta was over they began the draw for the tournament and only one round was going to be played so I decided to head back to the hotel, Steve would catch a ride later.

I woke up the next morning and Steve had already had breakfast, after my shower I went for breakfast and I poured myself a cup of orange juice and that was the last thing that I remember. Later at the hospital Steve told me what happened "I had passed out and someone had called for an ambulance and took me to the hospital" at this point the only thing that I remember is waking up in the hospital with Steve in my room.

Apparently by this time Steve had forfeited his match at Bogies.

I cannot thank Steve enough for being there for me and he said that's what friends are for in the meantime my son Jeff who lives in Austin got a flight to Houston and was with me the rest of the week.

Steve and I flew home on Monday afternoon and my son Jeff returned to Austin.

The doctor told me that I had a urinary tract infection and that caused me to pass out at the hotel.

I"m pleased to report that all the tests that I took at the hospital were negative and I've since gotten to see my regular doctor and he had a chance to evaluate the report from the hospital.

I want to especially thank my friend Steve Booth for handling everything when I wasn't able to, including getting my entry fee back again.:)

John

Thank you all for your kind words I really did appreciate hearing from you during this difficult time.

Sincerely,

John

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nice of you to give us an update, John. Everyone was wondering what the hell happened to you. Those UTI's are awful nasty. I know they can give us older folks hallucinations and dementia, but never knew that they could cause loss of consciousness. Glad hear that you're back to your old self!

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the update John and so glad you are feeling better! Steve is a good guy for sure, glad he was able to be there for you!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Well ain't that a "pisser" (UTI joke, sorry). groan

I/we are so happy you're doing well and we appreciate the update, John. I would also like to thank Steve for being such a good friend to you staying with you until he was relieved by your son.

Next year we expect you to actually play in the seniors event, enough stalling. :eek:

Dave

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
John, Thanks for easing our minds. At the tournament, we thought it had something probably to do with your heart.

Glad that you are OK. Sorry that you missed playing.

Thanks to Steve for being with you.

Look forward to seeing you at MOT.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I can attest that they take good care of you at the hospitals there. I hope nothing is missing down there. I see lots of fluids in your future. Stay well.