No announcement yet.

Wwyd 200 a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitch, the cue ball is way to close to the rail to shoot the 1 ball, especially with
    English to get on the 6.

The shot is to shoot 15 and bring whitey up by side pocket.

I know you are more aggressive than me, but even the great MKTBANK has his limits.

J.R. has it pegged right and you never go wrong listening to OneRock.

Comment

I'd thin the 15 to miss the 8 so I could move 2-3 balls over on my side, and I'd play the cue ball to land right on top of the 13 so he'll be long with few good options. I don't want to leave the cue ball below the side pocket to avoid leaving some kind of safe bank he can take a pop at.

Comment

I like banking the 13 into the 5/9 opening the hole up

Comment

Wwyd 200 a game

Do you guys know me at all?? Of course I shot the one. (Robert lol). Well I posted this partially because I knew I was shooting an ill advised shot and honestly thought that NO ONE would agree heh. But I was feeling good, so I just couldn’t duck when that one was sitting there and the 6 went if I could get there. So thank you EL Chapo, beatle, and Mark for at least showing me that I’m not crazy alone. (And yes I would shoot it again I would just stroke it better lol) As it turned out I fired the one in center pocket, but I juuuust clipped the 5 ball while coming around so didn’t get on the 6 at all. In fact, it’s a good thing I made the 1 because it ended up like so.... as it was I banked the 5 back into the 6 and mostly hid the cue. I ended up winning 5 games so it was a great day for me but my gas pedal still gets stuck to the floor and hurts me sometimes. (Like when I played Justin Hall and Mike Delawder and was firing 5 railers at them giving away games after having the lead) But I digress. Maybe one day. Thanks for the posts and your thoughts. I appreciate it and will try my hardest to listen sometimes.

Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
          Who am I kidding...I’d prob shoot the 1

Originally posted by beatle View Post
          i shoot the one but those look like real tight pockets. but shoot it and come down behind the nine. then you can run 4 balls or more.

or hit the 15 but i would hit it harder and open them up and bring him up table. it doesnt look like any go his way..

and of course next game if its your break ask if he will raise the bet to 500.

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
          Assuming i can get there and pocketing balls well... i'm shootin the 1 in following down to the bottom rail for a bank. Otherwise i'm twisting the 13. and killing the cue ball

Originally posted by El Chapo View Post
          i would shoot the 1. that is why we move to get shots. if you wait for better shots you are not going to score. i suppose that depends on who you are playing though.
          Last edited by Mkbtank; 11-02-2019, 10:58 PM.
          Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

good shot mitch. i would have floated down for the 9 bank and not try to get around for the 6. but not there to see the exact angle.

and for those not shooting the 1 which is almost straight in from about 4 or 4.5 feet away what do you shoot at.
            its like a football team punting on third down in case they fumble on fourth.

Comment

Wwyd 200 a game

Originally posted by beatle View Post
              good shot mitch. i would have floated down for the 9 bank and not try to get around for the 6. but not there to see the exact angle.

and for those not shooting the 1 which is almost straight in from about 4 or 4.5 feet away what do you shoot at.

its like a football team punting on third down in case they fumble on fourth.

Thanks Beatle. Appreciate it.
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                I like banking the 13 into the 5/9 opening the hole up
                I agree I am banking it to try and hit the 5 ball. I am not trying to make it.

Comment

The way you have been playing me, I knew you would shoot the one without a second look. Good shot. Not my choice.
                  Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Wwyd 200 a game

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
                    The way you have been playing me, I knew you would shoot the one without a second look. Good shot. Not my choice.

After all the hours we’ve logged you know my game better than anyone here. Now fix it!! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobermory View Post
                      I'd thin the 15 to miss the 8 so I could move 2-3 balls over on my side, and I'd play the cue ball to land right on top of the 13 so he'll be long with few good options. I don't want to leave the cue ball below the side pocket to avoid leaving some kind of safe bank he can take a pop at.
                      LOL

Ouch!

Comment

Think of this stuff like football.

Imagine if team A had first down at the 20 yard line 10 times, and team B had first down at the 20 only 5 times. Who is going to win that game? Remember, either team can blunder and have stuff happen like interceptions. But it is the team on offense more and with the tools to execute that is going to win. You can't just give up your opportunities for first down on the 20 though!

If you do not shoot here you are the team at the 20 only five times. I know it depends on who you are playing but if you want to start beating good players you literally need to start shooting here and in spots like it. And here is the kicker, the sooner you start shooting in spots like this the sooner you start making them. Yeah you may go through some jitter period but you gotta shoot your way past that.

Comment

good shot you straight shooter!

I am in the camp with banking the 13 and leaving the CB on the end rail...

Depending on how awkward the shot was and if I felt good with the bridge, I may even shoot rail first with some low RHE so that the CB stops right there so I can use the 1 to block.

Comment

Hit the 13 with a gearing 3 o'clock cue ball. Bank it into the 3 ball, kill spin whitey to the head rail.
                            Bill Meacham
                            WBT
                            www.worldbilliardtour.com
                            no link....

Comment

Originally posted by El Chapo View Post

if you want to start beating good players you literally need to start shooting here and in spots like it....the sooner you start shooting in spots like this the sooner you start making them. ... you gotta shoot your way past that.
                              I think you're making some invalid assumptions about others' games.

I'd say the sooner a player starts avoiding shots that don't offer the right risk/reward based upon his/her level of skill, the sooner one will start winning more.

Comment

Mitch is just laying the lemon out for all of you, including those guys at Bluegrass Billiards and Fusco's.

Playing the wrong shot here and there, and making it only gives the opponent the idea that "This guy can't spell One Pocket. Eventually he won't be making those shots and will sell out over and over again. I'll just wait it out" He gets more action that way.

Mitch won five games off his opponent. I don't know how many games were played up to that point but he probably won a few extra games simply because he fired at the one ball.

You don't have to miss to get the right action in this game thought it helps. It can be just as rewarding to play what everyone knows to be the wrong shot.

Nice hit champ.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X