Wwyd 200 a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobermory View Post
    Don't get me wrong, El C. I like to shoot at my hole but not when the risk reward equation is working against me. Billy Jackets and the Kid make this point better than I can. For me it just boils down to an assessment of who I am playing, what they can do if I miss, how I'm feeling about the shot, and whether I can capitalize on my success often enough to outweigh the likely consequences of failure.

It has nothing to do with cajones. When you say that it takes a pair to shoot that shot, it makes me wish we'd have a chance to play a little sometime, including a Groundhog Day scenario with this very table setting. There is a thin line between courage and recklessness. I'll save my courage for the moments that call for it...unless we're just goofing around for less than 200 a game.
    I equate courage, the way i was using the term, more to making shots like this, and not simply shooting them. I think everyone knows what i mean when i say it is easy to shoot, it is not so easy to maintain 100% concentration on the ball, confidently stay down, stroke it, and make the ball.

These discussions may be a bit of semantics where everyone is right. I just look at this and all i see is a straight in ball. In fact, maybe i will out this another way...

I am basically retired, but if i did still shoot pool and was uncomfortable shooting this ball, i just would not accept it. I would go practice the shot for an hour until i was comfortable with it, because i know deep down if you pass up opportunities like this you will get run over.

Of course you can win not shooting at this, I just happen to believe it is much more likely you game is not going to progress in a healthy way if you continue to look at things like that.

Comment

1-2-3rd & 4th

Originally posted by El Chapo View Post
      . Maybe it all depends on who you play, but i cant believe you are saying alex etc are the only ones who are winners shooting from here.
      ''Somewhere down the road you may find that there is a plus to having a number of gears to your game.''''

Tom[/QUOTE]
      Bill Meacham
      WBT
      www.worldbilliardtour.com
      no link....

Comment

Originally posted by El Chapo View Post
        I equate courage, the way i was using the term, more to making shots like this, and not simply shooting them. I think everyone knows what i mean when i say it is easy to shoot, it is not so easy to maintain 100% concentration on the ball, confidently stay down, stroke it, and make the ball.

These discussions may be a bit of semantics where everyone is right. I just look at this and all i see is a straight in ball. In fact, maybe i will out this another way...

I am basically retired, but if i did still shoot pool and was uncomfortable shooting this ball, i just would not accept it. I would go practice the shot for an hour until i was comfortable with it, because i know deep down if you pass up opportunities like this you will get run over.

Of course you can win not shooting at this, I just happen to believe it is much more likely you game is not going to progress in a healthy way if you continue to look at things like that.

Spoken like a true nine baller. I think you miss the point rather spectacularly. The choices are not "to bunt all day" or fire at everything no matter your chances of making the shot or of getting more than one ball.

Everyone is a mover, everyone is a shooter. There is a thin line in your head every time you get to the table, "do I shoot or do I move"? Everyone draws that line at a different place. Those who recognize that they are not Ronnie Allen, and accurately draw the line in the correct place will succeed and those who continue to think they are better than they really are will lose.

Those who want to prove how big their balls are without the necessary tools are doomed when they run into a thinking opponent who happens to shoot just as well, don't you think?

You are arguing that firing in that 1 ball is just as valuable, if not more valuable, than moving several balls into scoring position while leaving the opponent in a difficult position that he may not get out of without giving up the ship. The proper question is how do I get the maximum benefit out of this shot
        and give up the least should I fail to execute.

If your argument was to hold water, put up $100 or $500 and bet you'll get the 1 and the 6 balls from there. Not many on here would make that bet, not even my friend, gopher Mitch in my estimatation.
        The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

Comment

Very true, Darrell That is my opinion , also

Comment

true no one is getting 6 balls from there but i would let mitch shoot for any amount and bet that he gets 2 before the other guy does doing it one of the other ways..

Comment

Wwyd 200 a game

Originally posted by beatle View Post
              true no one is getting 6 balls from there but i would let mitch shoot for any amount and bet that he gets 2 before the other guy does doing it one of the other ways..

As you note, no one ever claimed to get 6 from there lol, so I’m not sure where that bet came from.
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by darmoose View Post
                Everyone is a mover, everyone is a shooter. There is a thin line in your head every time you get to the table, "do I shoot or do I move"? Everyone draws that line at a different place. Those who recognize that they are not Ronnie Allen, and accurately draw the line in the correct place will succeed and those who continue to think they are better than they really are will lose.
                Well said, my man..

Comment

Working...
                X