Wwyd 200 a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wwyd 200 a game

Decisions, decisions. Your opponent has two balls and you have just scored your first ball and it’s still your shot. You have the pocket closest to the 1 ball. My opponent got a phone call so I was able to take several pics here. The way I see it there are three main choices. 1.pocket the 1 ball and try to get on the 6 next, which goes. 2.Thin the 15 with RHE pushing balls your way while bringing the cue back uptable hopefully on top of the 13. Or 3, kick or spin bank the 13 to your hole leaving him long and uptable. WWYD?????

Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Number 4. Pocket the 13 and weld em to the end rail.

Comment

Decisions, decisions. Your opponent has two balls and you have just scored your first ball and it’s still your shot. You have the pocket closest to the 1 ball. My opponent got a phone call so I was able to take several pics here. The way I see it there are three main choices. 1.pocket the 1 ball and try to get on the 6 next, which goes. 2.Thin the 15 with RHE pushing balls your way while bringing the cue back up table hopefully on top of the 13. Or 3, kick or spin bank the 13 to your hole leaving him long and up table. WWYD?????

Option #1. I would have "high anxiety" on pocketing the 1-ball with options 2 and 3 available. It seems the 1-ball is fairly straight in on what appears to be a tight pocket with the chance of getting easy position on a second ball difficult.

Option #2. If the 13-ball was not where it is and was part of the stack then I would thin the 15-ball, probably with a high center ball hit on the cue ball to bring it back down table.

Option #3. But fortunately the 13-ball is there with the cue ball up table. I would put a low right spin (about 3:30) on the cue ball to bank the 13-ball back towards the 1-ball. I would focus that the cue ball would move a minimal distance and remain long, by the end rail, and up table.

Comment

15 for me, but I don't want whitey going any higher than that piece of chalk on his long rail... don't want to give him a pop at that 9 ball because that will get him safe almost wherever the 7 (or 13) end up.

I think the 13 is only good if you put it in the jaws. If you make it, then what? If you don't jaw it, there's the 9 for his escape.

Comment

i would shoot the 1. that is why we move to get shots. if you wait for better shots you are not going to score. i suppose that depends on who you are playing though.

Comment

Bank the 13 and keep him on the head rail.

Comment

i shoot the one but those look like real tight pockets. but shoot it and come down behind the nine. then you can run 4 balls or more.

or hit the 15 but i would hit it harder and open them up and bring him up table. it doesnt look like any go his way..

and of course next game if its your break ask if he will raise the bet to 500.

Comment

Mitch, a good shooter like you would probably have good success pocketing the 1 with high left, and getting shape on the 6.

If it were me, I'd probably take a hard look at rolling the 15 to the short rail, bumping the 10 into scoring position, and trying to leave the CB stuck to the 8 & 4 balls. That would leave 4 balls in scoring position for you, and the 13 is no good for him. Should have him in deep do-do.

If that shot is not available, then I'd bank the 13.

~Doc

Comment

I like the medium firm stop shot on the 15 if your going to move balls focusing on stopping the cue ball in the stack and two railing the 15 away

Comment

Assuming i can get there and pocketing balls well... i'm shootin the 1 in following down to the bottom rail for a bank. Otherwise i'm twisting the 13. and killing the cue ball

Comment

Wwyd 200 a game

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                      Mitch, a good shooter like you would probably have good success pocketing the 1 with high left, and getting shape on the 6.

If it were me, I'd probably take a hard look at rolling the 15 to the short rail, bumping the 10 into scoring position, and trying to leave the CB stuck to the 8 & 4 balls. That would leave 4 balls in scoring position for you, and the 13 is no good for him. Should have him in deep do-do.

If that shot is not available, then I'd bank the 13.

~Doc

That’s a nifty little trap Doc! I didn’t see it. Thanks!! Thanks for the kind word also. Depends which me shows up on any given day lol.
                      Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

I'm banking the 13 pocket speed, leaving the cueball near the corner and on the rail.
                        Shooting shots like the one ball, is what I try to get my opponents to do.

Comment

Wwyd 200 a game

The cue ball is close enough to the rail that I think my percentage on the 1 will be lower than I like, so I think I treat it like a break shot and play the 15 and leave the CB on the rail in a typical break position.

Comment

Wwyd 200 a game

Who am I kidding...I’d prob shoot the 1

Comment

Chop bank the 13 ball with LLE, sending the 13 anywhere on the open side of the 1 ball, and sending the cue ball 3 rails behind the stack.

Comment

Working...
                              X