Hard Times Sacramento Monthly One Pocket

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
36 players showed up this month. Some old man won the hot seat but got double dipped by Chris McDonald who is starting to play like the old Chris from many years ago. I started to run out of gas around 1am and he took advantage and played well.

Nice to see Bob Beaulieu and Lee Wallick from the South Bay who went to the seniors at Bogies this year and had a great time and said they would not miss another one.

Lots of one pocket coming up in the next couple months in Northern CA at Hard Times and California Billiards.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
36 players showed up this month. Some old man won the hot seat but got double dipped by Chris McDonald who is starting to play like the old Chris from many years ago. I started to run out of gas around 1am and he took advantage and played well.

Nice to see Bob Beaulieu and Lee Wallick from the South Bay who went to the seniors at Bogies this year and had a great time and said they would not miss another one.

Lots of one pocket coming up in the next couple months in Northern CA at Hard Times and California Billiards.
That's a strong second in a tough crowd, bro! But running out of gas is a real factor.

Is Chris living in Sacto now? I know he used to live in Santa Rosa before he split up with his old lady. He was always tough. Just under the very top guys.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
That's a strong second in a tough crowd, bro! But running out of gas is a real factor.

Is Chris living in Sacto now? I know he used to live in Santa Rosa before he split up with his old lady. He was always tough. Just under the very top guys.

He lives up by Clear Lake, over a two hour drive from Hard Times. I think either one of us would have beaten the other guy the way we played earlier in the day, but it is a long grind, as most tournaments are, and he held on better than I did. Coming through the one loss side and continuous playing is often better that winning the hot seat and waiting a long time for the matches to catch up.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Well done, John. Maybe catch a nap next time while you're waiting for the loser side to catch up with you. Good to hear that Chris's game is rounding back into form.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
We had our tournament at the Hard Times in Bellflower yesterday also. I lasted until about 11pm. Played ok when I was fresh but faded out at the end. In one game I made one on the break then continued to run out. Game was over in about two minutes. Brutal In a race to two.

On another note Carla Johnson was still in it close to that time (and on the winner side). She got tired and forfeited to my buddy Fach. This lady plays a mean game.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
We had our tournament at the Hard Times in Bellflower yesterday also. I lasted until about 11pm. Played ok when I was fresh but faded out at the end. In one game I made one on the break then continued to run out. Game was over in about two minutes. Brutal In a race to two.

On another note Carla Johnson was still in it close to that time (and on the winner side). She got tired and forfeited to my buddy Fach. This lady plays a mean game.

Nice to see the monthly has picked up down there. Carla plays a nice game of one pocket and her shot selection is very good. I always enjoy running into her and listening to the commentary when you two are at the mic for POV.

El Chapo

Verified Member

What was his name? :lol

One pocket always took a lot more out of me. I could barely make it halfway through an event like that, i mean physically.

Nice showing.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
What was his name? :lol

One pocket always took a lot more out of me. I could barely make it halfway through an event like that, i mean physically.

Nice showing.

I am pretty much worthless the next day if I go deep in the tournament. Dogs get me up early and no sympathy from Suzanne when I only get a few hours sleep. But it was worth it!

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Congrats, John.

We seem to finish in similar spots even when we don't play in the same tournaments. LOL But those marathon days wreak havoc on the ol' body and mind. I'm just recovering as well, but I got a little sympathy because Di was with me. :D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Congrats, John.

We seem to finish in similar spots even when we don't play in the same tournaments. LOL But those marathon days wreak havoc on the ol' body and mind. I'm just recovering as well, but I got a little sympathy because Di was with me. :D

Suzanne would rather get a root canal than sweat a pool tournament and I am happy with that.:D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
John, you are amazing. Second month in a row hot seat winner. A very tough field. I would like to see a match between you and Mr Newkirk if something with Ghost cannot be worked out. One match at Boogers and one match at Hard Times, Sac. Third match if needed, California billiards if the streaming can be settled. I cannot believe Steve blocks your induction to HOF as an instructor and obvious gifting to the game of one pocket. Who else on the West Coast has done more to promote one pocket and pool than you? East coast biased.
You have been nominated and seconded twice but still your name never appears on the ballot. No you may not be a top hustler but there are other factors for induction and you surpassed those years ago. Number 3. Contributions to the game. Has anyone been inducted with these qualifications. Why have it if no one qualifies? Maybe if Ray Hansen was behind it...........