Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handicap One Pocket Tounament Details - Felt. Englewood, CO

Hi all,

Since there was interest in the format of the race-based differential handicapped one pocket tourney I played in on my b-day, I compiled the details:

Tournament Director was Doug Seeley w/a little help from his wife, Christine. Thanks Seeleys.

$100 entry fee with $15 taken out for green fees and director fees. No money added. 15 players.

All players are rated from 4 to 10 with 10 being best (only Mark Haddad and Marc Vidal are 10s, but did not show). Example: if an 8 plays a 6, the differential is 2 which determines the race (9-7). I was a 9 as was Jose Cruz and Kiko, the eventual winner.

Dif Race
    5 = 10-5
    4.5 = 11-6
    4 = 10-6
    3.5 = 11-7
    3 = 10-7
    2.5 = 11-8
    2 = 9-7
    1.5 = 10-8
    1 = 8-7
    .5 = 9-8
    0 = 8-8

5 vs 5 = 6-6
    4 vs 4 = 5-5

My first set was played at 9-7 (won); 2nd set was 10-7 (won but we each needed 1 ball to win the set at 3 games apiece); 3rd set was 9-7 (lost); 4th set was 8-7 (won); 5th set was 10-6 (won hill-hill thriller); 6th set was 9-7 (won) note, he beat me earlier; 7th set was 8-8 ~championship match (lost). I would have had to beat Kiko twice to win it, but he played great.

Winners side played races to 4, 3 on the losers. Too much pool for one day at my advanced age. LOL (true story). But what a nice way to celebrate my birthday with Diane watching much of it (after Michigan's win and checking into the hotel).

I was told that Tony Piazza and one other guy put together the handicaps about 1.5 years ago. I think some maybe should be upgraded. I want to thank Jerry Machin for getting me in shape and in the proper mind set to handle some slow grueling sets.

I think that's everything, let me know if any questions.

Dave
    Last edited by 12squared; 11-03-2019, 09:14 PM.

Nice report and finish Dave!

Comment

What's Kiko's handicap?
      Bill Meacham
      WBT
      www.worldbilliardtour.com
      no link....

Comment

Thanks for the report, Dave. Lots of 1-pkt for anyone in one day.

Proud of you at what, 66 - 67 ? You played well.

I know you enjoyed your birthday

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
          What's Kiko's handicap?
          Kiko, Jose Cruz and I were the only 9s. I thought I mentioned that, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
            Nice report and finish Dave!
            Thanks John.

Comment

Originally posted by rnewkirk View Post
              Thanks for the report, Dave. Lots of 1-pkt for anyone in one day.

Proud of you at what, 66 - 67 ? You played well.

I know you enjoyed your birthday
              Thanks Robert. Yeah just turned 66, it was a blast but really too much for me.

Comment

With me being a 6, our game is 10-7. Lets bet high and just play the once for it all. We are both getting up there, me 62, you 73, so one day of one pocket should be enough. If people don’t recognize the name Mark Haddad, his stage name is snake. Where’s the closest airport to Ft Collins?
                Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by 12squared View Post
                  Thanks Robert. Yeah just turned 66, it was a blast but really too much for me.
                  Congratulations, sounds like you played well and had a good time. I am dead today after 12 hours at Hard a Times in the monthly, but anymore it is brain dead along with the physical part.

Suzanne thinks I am nuts, but like all of us onepocketeers, I love it.

I remember when Kiko came to CA Billiards 2/3 years back. He matched up pretty snugly which is what you do on the road, so we never saw his best game.
                  JOHN HENDERSON
                  Al Romero Cue
                  Magic Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
                    With me being a 6, our game is 10-7. Lets bet high and just play the once for it all. We are both getting up there, me 62, you 73, so one day of one pocket should be enough. If people don’t recognize the name Mark Haddad, his stage name is snake. Where’s the closest airport to Ft Collins?
                    You crack me up, KY. Denver or Cheyenne.

Comment

Originally posted by 12squared View Post
                      Kiko, Jose Cruz and I were the only 9s. I thought I mentioned that, sorry.
                      Miscue....
                      Bill Meacham
                      WBT
                      no link....

Comment

nice job Dave and thanks for the report!

Comment

I have seen Kiko around for years and never saw him play enough to know his true speed. After today, I think I have a good idea. Some people like the internet, Kiko probably doesn"t.

Comment

Originally posted by frmn View Post
                            I have seen Kiko around for years and never saw him play enough to know his true speed. After today, I think I have a good idea. Some people like the internet, Kiko probably doesn"t.
                            Just ask ATM....
                            Bill Meacham
                            WBT
                            no link....

Comment

Working...
                            X