Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Steve 7 - the end game - wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
    I'm taking an intentional, and freezing the cueball on the rail about half way, between where it is now and the closest diamond on the end rail , {straight into those 2 balls near the spot ,not allowing him to hit the 15, if my opponents a goof he will shoot , if he isn't he will take a foul and put me back where I was on the rail , I take another , he takes another, then I thin off the top ball and try to nestle the cue ball on the bottom rail, if he gets a bank at least he needs to run 4 , instead of make a bank and almost automatic shape, for the case ball.
    If you thin the ball now , it's probably going to disturb the 15 or leave a bank and that's no good. The kick bank is real fun, but I have to believe the odds are more than 4 to 1 you lose instead of win, if you shoot it.
    I say that, because anything besides hanging the ball up or making it should leave a bank ,unless you really whack it to make it go back up table if you miss , then the power of the hit comes into play.
    This strategy is ok if you've decided that it is too dangerous to move any of those balls from here, although you could be accused of being a slow player for lengthening the game like that.

Myself, after we've lined up four more balls on the spot, so now there are six there, I will shoot the two rail kick out of his corner moving most of those balls to my side and putting him up table on his side where he could be in big trouble.

The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

Comment

ive found for me anyway that the two rail kick out of the side is a great shot. but i personally need three or more balls to shoot it effectively..

but whatever you do it is going to have a chance of risk.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
        I'm keeping it simple here..

all day long.....

Comment

If the balls are only a 16th of an inch apart.
          If you hit them hard enough to get to the side rail you will probably hit the 15 with the one, hit them hard enough to get to the bottom rail and the 1 has a real good chance of having caromed over toward his pocket !
          How would you like them apples?
          For comparison a 16th of an inch is really close to the width of a toothpick.
          If you can do, all you say you can with the shot, and not disturb that 15 ball , I wasted all that time in ninth grade for nothing.
          Last edited by Billy Jackets; 11-07-2019, 02:11 AM.

Comment

I am kicking at the 15 ball with medium speed. My percentages of catching the left side of the 15 ball are pretty good and dont have to sell out anything offensive for my opponent. There is no way that I am opening up the 2 balls on the spot from here.

Comment

Mktank's shot, kick into the foot rail and come into the left side of the 1 banking the 5 to the hole. Whitey
              Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 11-07-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
                Mktank's shot, kick into the foot rail and come into the left side of the 1 banking the 5 to the hole. Whitey

My MAN!!!!!! Can’t wait to see the video!!

Side note: this is the first time someone has selected my shot in years 😂
                Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                  I do not want to lose the game here and am kicking at the 15 softly. I may end up owing a ball, but will still be in the game.
                  I also, prefer being on the l/s of the 15 ball.
                  Bill Meacham
                  WBT
                  www.worldbilliardtour.com
                  no link....

Comment

Good thing I had a good night sleep to spot the right solution.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                      Steve's shot --- the ball score is 6-6, both going to 8 --- Steve's pocket is at the top right --- Steve is in a tough spot --- the 15ball is frozen to the rail --- there's approx. 1/16" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls.....wwyd?
                      Now Im not criticizing anyone, but its amazing how good so many players are that they can kick the length of the table, come off the bottom rail and hit the correct side of an object ball at the speed need to the combo a ball 2 lengths of the table. On top of that they only gt a single try at it. There is also the risk of losing the game if you don't hit that correct side of the object ball. Great shooting! K

Comment

Originally posted by sappo View Post
                        Now Im not criticizing anyone, but its amazing how good so many players are that they can kick the length of the table, come off the bottom rail and hit the correct side of an object ball at the speed need to the combo a ball 2 lengths of the table. On top of that they only gt a single try at it. There is also the risk of losing the game if you don't hit that correct side of the object ball. Great shooting! K

It’s a hanger 🤩
                        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

If that kick combo bank on the 5 is on,at least its far enough from the cushion that throw shouldnt be a issue.

I am 1 rail kicking the 15 at about the speed to lag 3 rails to the side pocket. If you hit it right whitey should stay on the good side of the 1 and 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                            all day long.....

Yep...this shot if that’s his pocket close to the 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                              Rod, but that's a no go >>> "there's somewhere's between 1/16"-1/8" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls - the 1 will definitely hit the 15 if the top of the 5 is struck".
                              My Bad, Thought they were frozen, picked that shot up from Joiner, works well even if hit sorta bad.
                              Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                              (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by sappo View Post
                                Your right, but the way Hendy put it, kicking at the 15 softly. I may end up owing a ball, but will still be in the game. __________________

Any player here can lag Near the foot rail ball and guarantee they will be on the l/s of that ball.

What I heard John really say was this...."table position is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than spotting a ball". l
                                Bill Meacham
                                WBT
                                www.worldbilliardtour.com
                                no link....

Comment

Working...
                                X