Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Steve 7 - the end game - wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sappo View Post
    Now Im not criticizing anyone, but its amazing how good so many players are that they can kick the length of the table, come off the bottom rail and hit the correct side of an object ball at the speed need to the combo a ball 2 lengths of the table. On top of that they only gt a single try at it. There is also the risk of losing the game if you don't hit that correct side of the object ball. Great shooting! K
    It's not so tough with 8/10 tries.
    Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
    (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
      I'm keeping it simple here..

Originally posted by rnewkirk View Post
      I like and would shoot cincy kid's choice
      Originally posted by Miller View Post
      all day long.....
      Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
      Yep...this shot if that’s his pocket close to the 15.

^^^^ It's really a good idea to read what has previously been posted before you suggest a shot......but I'm sorry, maybe it's my fault for not making it large enough to read...here, maybe this will help >>>

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
      "there's somewhere's between 1/16"-1/8" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls - thus, the 1 will definitely hit the 15 if the top, or side of the 5 is struck".
      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

^^^^ It's really a good idea to read what has previously been posted before you suggest a shot......but I'm sorry, maybe it's my fault for not making it large enough to read...here, maybe this will help >>>
        lol, you are funny Ghost...

first, even if it strikes the 15, so what? the CB will be to the left side of both of those balls and safe right?

secondly, when I first looked at the shot, I did think they were on the spot and frozen. I still may shoot my shot if I think the collision will not cause a sell out.

If it will cause a sell out, then I like kicking at the 15 soft. If I was playing for cheap I may try that kick bank it looks fun

(the 2 rail kick doc / dr bill likes would be ideal but I personally have not practiced it much, I need to, its a good shot, but i am afraid I may hit the wrong side of the balls and sell out)

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
          It’s a hanger 🤩
          Hey Buddy, I suggest you cut back on those "Murderous" peppers, I think they might be frying your brain. Maybe you need to see Dr Bill for advise. Keith

Comment

Unofficial

Time Out!....
            Bill Meacham
            WBT
            www.worldbilliardtour.com
            no link....

Comment

I see that a lot of our 'regulars' haven't posted up a shot choice here...I guess they must be stumped and don't know what to do......

Comment

I'm coming off the edge of the 5, but just hard and thin enough for the cue ball to get to the bottom rail and not scratch. I don't see a safe angle or a safe speed to get close to the 15 with the rock. For cheap i'm kicking the 15 in, breaking the 1 out and getting the win right here...lol

Comment

KY Jelly LOL

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                  I'm coming off the edge of the 5, but just hard and thin enough for the cue ball to get to the bottom rail and not scratch. I don't see a safe angle or a safe speed to get close to the 15 with the rock. For cheap i'm kicking the 15 in, breaking the 1 out and getting the win right here...lol
                  LOL....that's the Crabb man/oh/man.
                  Bill Meacham
                  WBT
                  no link....

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                    LOL....that's the Crabb man/oh/man.
                    Your so cheap, the last time we went to Wendy's you backed the car through the drive through so the cashier would be on my side...

Comment

I see that a lot of our 'regulars' haven't posted up a shot choice here...I guess they must be stumped and don't know what to do......
                      If my stroke wasn’t so crooked I’d shoot Mitch’s one rail kick into the 1 banking the 5 for a score. But the reasonable shot for a hack like me is Cincy’s shot but softer, with no shot on the 1 or 15 and the cue ball on the bottom rail close to the first diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                        I played a similar kick on Ian in Vegas and put him in a bind, but there weren’t two balls by the spot to cause a problem.

Comment

Normally, I'd concede in this position, but if I was getting staked I'd play fullish on the left side of the 5 with left, drive the 1 ball half-ball into the 15 clearing them both from the end rail and then park the cue ball on the end rail after the left kills it on the side rail. It looks like the 5 probably won't come down far enough for a bank and should stay on my side.
                          Bob Jewett
                          www.sfbilliards.com

Comment

first, even if it strikes the 15, so what? the CB will be to the left side of both of those balls and safe right?

secondly, when I first looked at the shot, I did think they were on the spot and frozen. I still may shoot my shot if I think the collision will not cause a sell out.

If it will cause a sell out, then I like kicking at the 15 soft. If I was playing for cheap I may try that kick bank it looks fun

(the 2 rail kick doc / dr bill likes would be ideal but I personally have not practiced it much, I need to, its a good shot, but i am afraid I may hit the wrong side of the balls and sell out)
                            I'm not sure there was an if, just creative geometry is what I see in ur diagram, if they are froze hitting the 5 pushes it dead on the 15, you'd have to strike the 5 on the opposite side to even consider what you wrote.

It's like i'm not seeing the diagram the same, those balls are angled straight toward the 15 ball.

Comment

Attached Files
                              Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-08-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Hey Chi Town....settle down Remember, I know the Danaher's (3) and they grew up next to Mayor Daly, buy the old White Sox Park, across the street from the Fire dept. Police Station.
                                Bill Meacham
                                WBT
                                no link....

Comment

Working...
                                X