Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Steve 7 - the end game - wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I htink I would end up playing off the two balls on the spot to get behind the ball on the rail as cincy stated but I would play it soft to try to just get the head ball to just make it to the ball on the rail and add to the blockers

Comment

Originally posted by catkins View Post
      I htink I would end up playing off the two balls on the spot to get behind the ball on the rail as cincy stated but I would play it soft to try to just get the head ball to just make it to the ball on the rail and add to the blockers
      You’re the only other one besides me calling for a simple, easy to execute, reasonable shot. All other shots have a greater chance of a sellout.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
        very viable shots here.

one is to hit head on but a little to the left softy and float cueball down to the bottom rail off the side rail. both balls down there will be near together and no real shot.

other is to wack it head on .both lower balls go up table and the other goes sideways . cueball rolls down near the pocket.

neither leaves a good shot or any. and no reason to take a scratch.
        here is my post #14 where i gave these two options. they both are very good after i have now tried them out.

Comment

As for kicking at the 15, this is what happens to me when I try to kick and hit the rail before the ball:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CropperCapture[405].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	401603

Video:

https://youtu.be/4EWiLzft6I4
          Bob Jewett
          www.sfbilliards.com

Comment

Originally posted by darmoose View Post
            BJ,

I agree with you. As much as I would not like to go backwards, given enough thought to the situation and for a sizable bet, the smartest play is to push over along the top rail and hope he either does something stupid, or puts me back in the same place.

If he did put me back, there would now be 4 balls on the spot and I would shoot the 2 railer out of the corner, as I said back in #15 or #16. The only place I take some issue with your suggestion is I would not want to thin the top ball as you said. I would want to hit the line in the middle and push several balls to my side which also pushes the CB to his side up table.This gives me the best chance of winning this game, as you say.
            I dont want to thin the ball either, I said play it thin because if I flub, I would rather miss them all together than to hit the bottom ball first, Sorry I wasn't clear on that.
            As far as hitting the 2 balls and just barely rolling the back ball down to the 15 not disturbing the 15 laying near it and taking the cueball off the side rail and down to the bottom rail seems impossible to me considering where the cueball is.
            If someone can do it , great shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
              That is hard for me to follow. So what’s your short answer?
              Take 2 aspirin and call the doctor in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
                I dont want to thin the ball either, I said play it thin because if I flub, I would rather miss them all together than to hit the bottom ball first, Sorry I wasn't clear on that.
                As far as hitting the 2 balls and just barely rolling the back ball down to the 15 not disturbing the 15 laying near it and taking the cueball off the side rail and down to the bottom rail seems impossible to me considering where the cueball is.
                If someone can do it , great shot.
                Virtual pool claims that it's possible, and it is pretty close to reality. Looks like no problem and you get the side rail if your speed is a little slow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CropperCapture[406].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	401604
                Bob Jewett
                www.sfbilliards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Jewett View Post
                  Virtual pool claims that it's possible, and it is pretty close to reality. Looks like no problem and you get the side rail if your speed is a little slow.

[ATTACH]25321[/ATTACH]
                  The computer plays great!

Comment

Even if you only take one intentional, and he gives it back to you , now you
                    still have the option for the kick, or the 2 rail out of the corner with 3 balls to play off of?

I am not trying to upstage anyone or question their view of the game , I'm just trying to voice what goes on in my thought process and hopefully get feedback.
                    Billy J...I am a mover...and also, intentionals are an important part of my arsenal - utilized as a defensive tool and an offensive weapon...and I teach many examples of this, when I give lessons...that said...

I looked hard at your intentional shot choice here, and I rejected it for one reason...not because I have a problem with going backward in the ball count - that doesn't bother me, I've done that a million times...no, the reason I rejected it, is because...

If you roll a little too far, just far enough for him to see the left edge of the 15, that's a fail, cuz he can play safe off of the 15...and if you stop an inch or two short of him being able to see the left edge of the 15 (which I believe is your goal), then, if he's a decent ball striker, he can shoot and just graze the right side of the 5ball, bringing the cueball 2 rails back down to the head rail, around where it sits now.

- Ghost
                    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                      Billy J...I am a mover...and also, intentionals are an important part of my arsenal - utilized as a defensive tool and an offensive weapon...and I teach many examples of this, when I give lessons...that said...

I looked hard at your intentional shot choice here, and I rejected it for one reason...not because I have a problem with going backward in the ball count - that doesn't bother me, I've done that a million times...no, the reason I rejected it, is because...

If you roll a little too far, just far enough for him to see the left edge of the 15, that's a fail, cuz he can play safe off of the 15...and if you stop an inch or two short of him being able to see the left edge of the 15 (which I believe is your goal), then, if he's a decent ball striker, he can shoot and just graze the right side of the 5ball, bringing the cueball 2 rails back down to the head rail, around where it sits now.

- Ghost
                      My perfect shot would travel about 2 inches to the rail towards the first diamond, it would be a shot" fraught with danger", but I feel confident in my abilities.
                      My alternate shot , if I were not playing well ,which would still accomplish 95% of what I want to do , would be to just touch the cue ball with my tip and yell foul!
                      The main reason I would roll the ball the 2 inches would be to keep my opponent in the mind set of moving the ball.
                      If I just tap , I will wake him up and he will tap , if I roll the ball about half of them will roll the cue ball also, just because they think, shot or safe, mostly and not tap , please don't ask me to explain the psychology of it , it just works.
                      I have always thought of you as a great player and an excellent mover, since I first watched you in Kalamazoo I think it was, about 20 years or more ago. Respectfully , Billy Jackets

Comment

I have always thought of you as a great player and an excellent mover, since I first watched you in Kalamazoo I think it was, about 20 years or more ago. Respectfully , Billy Jackets
                        Hey Billy....I didn't know we were in the same poolroom together at one time (Kalamazoo would have prolly been 25 yrs. ago) - you should have made my acquaintance so we could have had a drink together...

And thanks much for the compliment but you got me over-rated there = good player yes, but never a great player...the one great player here on this site is 'Pittsburgh Billy' Incardona (although it is true that I often have to correct him when he chooses the wrong shot in the wwyd's ...)

Be well Billy, Ghost
                        Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-11-2019, 04:06 AM.
                        jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                          Jeff it’s nice to see your face in the place!! As always you class up the joint.
                          You’re to kind as usual Mitch, and I see in this wwyd that you have filled the void I left as far as shooting flyers... Nice shot kid... if you hate money! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
                            Good to see you back in action!
                            You are definitely one of the premier shot selectors in these wwyd’s....
                            When I was a regular poster here, I almost always thought your selections were spot on and your thought process was something to be admired... Glad to see you are still hitting the bullseye!

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                              Hey champ, I hope you're doing ok.

Well for good reason, there's no shot that appeals to me here...but since we can't skip our inning and we have to shoot...

I don't like any of the shots that involve touching those two balls in tandem - hard or soft - too much chance of leaving a bank...

...although any of the shots could go bad, leave a bank, etc...for me, and my skill set, I think this shot has the lowest amount of risk involved >>>

I'm a pretty accurate kicker, so I believe I would choose to shoot the shot that Kyb and onedog picked, and analyzed...the shot they posted up, as copied

- Ghost

You are the MASTER when it comes to picking interesting wwyd’s!!!!
                              Anyone interested in one pocket almost has to jump in and share their thoughts on the ones you post up.... always thought provoking... never boring.... 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                                You’re to kind as usual Mitch, and I see in this wwyd that you have filled the void I left as far as shooting flyers... Nice shot kid... if you hate money! Lol
                                Hey Jeff, I don't know if that was for Mitch or me, but either way, glad to see you back!

Comment

Working...
                                X