Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Steve 7 - the end game - wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Steve 7 - the end game - wwyd?

Steve's shot --- the ball score is 6-6, both going to 8 --- Steve's pocket is at the top right --- Steve is in a tough spot --- the 15ball is frozen to the rail --- there's approx. 1/16" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls.....wwyd?

Ray's shot, his pocket is at the bottom right - Ray's an old school straight pool player still learning One Pocket --- the ball score is 6-5, Donn ahead, both going to 8 --- Ray's in a tough spot, needing to come up with a safety without leaving Donn a cut shot or a bank shot of any kind --- the 13 is frozen to the rail, and the 8 can be cut in from that area without scratching in the side pocket.....wwyd?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-25-2019, 03:16 AM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
    Steve's shot --- the ball score is 6-6, both going to 8 --- Steve's pocket is at the top right --- Steve is in a tough spot --- the 15ball is frozen to the rail.....wwyd?
    I do not want to lose the game here and am kicking at the 15 softly. I may end up owing a ball, but will still be in the game.
    JOHN HENDERSON
    Al Romero Cue
    Magic Chalk

Comment

I don't know if the 5 & 9 (1?) are frozen, but if I were feeling frisky there are two kicks worth considering.

The first is the CB 2 rails out of your corner, which would be shot to contact the yellow ball and have the CB roll up table on your side.

The second would be to kick off the foot rail, hitting the yellow ball square, and driving the 5 up to the head rail. The danger there is leaving a free straight back for Ghost.

The first shot is easier accomplished. A more standard shot would be to come off the left of the 5, rolling the CB down to the foot rail. But if the yellow ball contacts the 15, then a follow up cross side might be left.

~Doc

Comment

Here we go again 😂. Kick the one from behind on the left side. The 5 ball bank is dead (with that big of throw hitting it on the left) the 1 should sit in the middle of the table for your out ball. Woohoo!!!!
        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

[ATTACH]Clipboard01.jpg[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files
          Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
          (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
            I don't know if the 5 & 9 (1?) are frozen, but if I were feeling frisky there are two kicks worth considering.

The first is the CB 2 rails out of your corner, which would be shot to contact the yellow ball and have the CB roll up table on your side.

The second would be to kick off the foot rail, hitting the yellow ball square, and driving the 5 up to the head rail. The danger there is leaving a free straight back for Ghost.

The first shot is easier accomplished. A more standard shot would be to come off the left of the 5, rolling the CB down to the foot rail. But if the yellow ball contacts the 15, then a follow up cross side might be left.

~Doc
            Doc, there's somewhere's between 1/16"-1/8" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls - the 1 will definitely hit the 15 if the top of the 5 is struck.

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
              [ATTACH]Clipboard01.jpg[/ATTACH]
              Rod, but that's a no go >>> "there's somewhere's between 1/16"-1/8" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls - the 1 will definitely hit the 15 if the top of the 5 is struck".

Comment

I'm keeping it simple here..

Comment

Rod, but that's a no go >>> "there's somewhere's between 1/16"-1/8" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls - the 1 will definitely hit the 15 if the top of the 5 is struck".

Not if it’s struck from behind... Boo-Yaaaa 😁
                  Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

I like and would shoot cincy kid's choice

Come off 5ball with top left and try to settle as close to the 15ball as possible.

If the 1ball goes down to the 15, so much the better.

Your opponent has to shoot and you should have a return shot.

The point is to win, not try some off the wall crazy shot(not mentioning names Mitch)

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post

~Doc
                      I like Doc's 1st choice here. Pretty standard 2 rail kick and with the cueball going up table you should be in good position. K

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                        I'm keeping it simple here..

Originally posted by rnewkirk View Post
                        I like and would shoot cincy kid's choice

^^^^ It's really a good idea to read what has previously been posted before you suggest a shot......but I'm sorry, maybe it's my fault for not making it large enough to read...here, maybe this will help >>>

"there's somewhere's between 1/16"-1/8" of space between the 1 and the 5 balls - the 1 will definitely hit the 15 if the top, or side of the 5 is struck".
                        Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-07-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I'm taking an intentional, and freezing the cueball on the rail about half way, between where it is now and the closest diamond on the end rail , {straight into those 2 balls near the spot ,not allowing him to hit the 15, if my opponents a goof he will shoot , if he isn't he will take a foul and put me back where I was on the rail , I take another , he takes another, then I thin off the top ball and try to nestle the cue ball on the bottom rail, if he gets a bank at least he needs to run 4 , instead of make a bank and almost automatic shape, for the case ball.
                          If you thin the ball now , it's probably going to disturb the 15 or leave a bank and that's no good. The kick bank is real fun, but I have to believe the odds are more than 4 to 1 you lose instead of win, if you shoot it.
                          I say that, because anything besides hanging the ball up or making it should leave a bank ,unless you really whack it to make it go back up table if you miss , then the power of the hit comes into play.
                          Last edited by Billy Jackets; 11-06-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

very viable shots here.

one is to hit head on but a little to the left softy and float cueball down to the bottom rail off the side rail. both balls down there will be near together and no real shot.

other is to wack it head on .both lower balls go up table and the other goes sideways . cueball rolls down near the pocket.

neither leaves a good shot or any. and no reason to take a scratch.

Comment

No question your in a tough spot here with very few options and the options you do have are iffy at best. The option that I would play is kicking two cushions into the 1 and 5 balls it's laying good for the kick to be hit well a high percentage of the time. That's my choice.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X