No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would shoot a half ball hit on the 15 and use 5 oclock english and try to get my cue ball on a line just before the center diamond that should open it up off the side rail and park it behind the 3 ball , hopefully frozen to the bottom back side of it, all cue ball here.

Comment

I like 2 shots.

The first is kicking at the 3 ball hard enough to go into the 3 ball cluster, not much harder as to not sell out a cross corner bank.

The other is similar to BJ's shot but I think I want to hit it harder to give myself a chance to make the one ball, CB comes 2 rails and kicks the 3 ball away from his side.

Either way, I want to do something with those 3 balls.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
        Bank the ten off the bottom of the five and mix the balls by your hole up while sending the cue ball to the end rail.
        The 12 ball.

Comment

Thin the 12 to his long rail, tying up his banking lane and come off the long rail behind the 3 to push it over towards the cluster by your pocket... Speed and the hit on the backside of the 3 are crucial to the success of the shot... I want the cb to float gently off the backside of the 3 down very close to the foot rail and the 3 to move over past the half way point to my pocket.

Comment

I think I'd come off the 15 and if I hit it really well, put whitey behind the 3; if not, whitey into the 3.

I see there are better shots, but at the table that's what I would have decided.
            Last edited by LSJohn; 11-12-2019, 03:44 AM.

Comment

I like Henderson's shot. Bank the 12 0ff the 5 and try to leave whitey on the bottom rail.

Comment

hit 15 full and slide behind the 3 with spinnage

Comment

i dont want to move any of his balls at this time. as that keeps me from leaving him uptable in the next few moves if i needed to.

that is why i wont shoot the 3 ball as if he gets me behind those three balls then i may not be able to go up table as his hole is now open. i do like the shot though if you can get the cue ball up some and hide him. even then too many chances an easy bank open up.

my best % chance of winning from here looks to me to open my three balls and get one close and put him up table blocked. that instantly makes me the favorite in the game as opposed to me being a decent dog with this layout playing down table.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's my number 1 choice here - it would partly depend on who I am playing..but I'm surprised that nobody has chosen to bank the 10 straight back, either to make it, or to play it into the three ball cluster, and let the cueball carom off of the 4 to settle down by the head rail..and with the 2 or the 12 blocking him from the 3ball.

- Ghost
                    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-12-2019, 04:18 AM.
                    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

From the end of the table, the balls don't go easily into his hole, so the ten ball bank is definitely my shot. I’d shoot it with enough low left and the right stroke to turn the 10 ball and the right speed to stay above the 4 ball, and then come one rail off the long rail and billiard into the 13 to leave the cue ball behind the 4. It looks to lie perfectly for this shot. If the 10 goes in, I could cut the 4 or the 10, depending on how it lies. If it doesn’t go in, I hope it will be close to my hole or even better, will bump the 1/9 and make it better for me than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobermory View Post
                        From the end of the table, the balls don't go easily into his hole, so the ten ball bank is definitely my shot. If it doesn’t go in, I hope it will be close to my hole or even better, will bump the 1/9 and make it better for me than it is now.
                        "Ask and you shall receive" = as I posted earlier >>>

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                        I'm not sure if it's my number 1 choice here - it would partly depend on who I am playing..but I'm surprised that nobody has chosen to bank the 10 straight back, either to make it, or to play it into the three ball cluster, and let the cueball carom off of the 4 to settle down by the head rail..and with the 2 or the 12 blocking him from the 3ball.

- Ghost
                        jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

I like rolling on the 9 looking to leave the cue ball between the 9 and the 15. I like the place this puts him and feel I will probably get a shot out of the return

Comment

My first inclination, which is offensive, is to kick behind the 3-ball. My second inclination, which is defensive, is to roll the cue ball off the 12-ball behind the 3-ball. I would probably go offensive and move the 3-ball from my opponent's pocket and bring it to lightly strike the three ball cluster near my pocket.

Comment

Here is another possibility. Over bank the six ball into the nine and one balls and send the cue ball softly towards the thirteen using the four as cover.

It would be nice to loosen those three balls up and using the ten to do it looks very risky, especially if the two passes the three.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                                and with the 2 or the 12 blocking him from the 3ball.
                                "2 or 12" seems very un-Ghost-like.

Comment

Working...
                                X