Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
    I'm not sure if it's my number 1 choice here - it would partly depend on who I am playing..but I'm surprised that nobody has chosen to bank the 10 straight back, either to make it, or to play it into the three ball cluster, and let the cueball carom off of the 4 to settle down by the head rail..and with the 2 or the 12 blocking him from the 3ball.

    - Ghost
    oops...........meant the six. lol
    Last edited by Island Drive; 11-12-2019, 11:10 AM.
    Bill Meacham
    WBT
    www.worldbilliardtour.com
    no link....

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by beatle View Post
      i dont want to move any of his balls at this time. as that keeps me from leaving him uptable in the next few moves if i needed to.

      that is why i wont shoot the 3 ball as if he gets me behind those three balls then i may not be able to go up table as his hole is now open. i do like the shot though if you can get the cue ball up some and hide him. even then too many chances an easy bank open up.

      my best % chance of winning from here looks to me to open my three balls and get one close and put him up table blocked. that instantly makes me the favorite in the game as opposed to me being a decent dog with this layout playing down table.
      I like your thought process, however depending in where uptable the CB ends up the 3, 8, 7, all go. Also giving up a kick into the cluster is bad news. The 7 is especially bad because if the 7 is made that will probably get another good after moving the cluster.

      I’m torn between Hendys and Jeff’s shot. The perfect shot would be to bank the 12 firm off the 5 and kick the 3 towards your hole moving two balls towards your hole. That will leave a pressure bank on the 2 though.

      The shooter is in a tough spot. Every shot I see has the potential to go bad, even the simple ones into the cluster. Banking the 10 might have the least downfall. In the end you have to pick the shot your most comfortable with.

      Comment


      • #33
        1st choice; Right now Ghost's 3 ball is protected, therefore I am ducking, by skimming off the 12 going in-behind the 3, protecting the 3 balls by my hole. Donn has plenty of open balls going to his hole, so I am waiting for the return shot.

        2nd. choice; Also I like JrHendy's shot of banking the 12 into the 5, but I would endeavor to have the cb go to the foot rail and then spin off and go behind the 3. I need that blocker if I can get it. Whitey

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
          I'm not sure if it's my number 1 choice here - it would partly depend on who I am playing..but I'm surprised that nobody has chosen to bank the 10 straight back, either to make it, or to play it into the three ball cluster, and let the cueball carom off of the 4 to settle down by the head rail..and with the 2 or the 12 blocking him from the 3ball.- Ghost
          Well, your old bro Doc did suggest that shot in post #8. Not a bad choice.

          ~Doc

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
            1st choice; Right now Ghost's 3 ball is protected, therefore I am ducking, by skimming off the 12 going in-behind the 3, protecting the 3 balls by my hole. Donn has plenty of open balls going to his hole, so I am waiting for the return shot.

            2nd. choice; Also I like JrHendy's shot of banking the 12 into the 5, but I would endeavor to have the cb go to the foot rail and then spin off and go behind the 3. I need that blocker if I can get it. Whitey
            From near the 3 the 2 ball bank looks too good to pass up sending the CB to the opposite long rail between the rail and 6. I don’t mind giving up a tough bank from the bottom rail after moving some balls my way but not from anywhere by the 3 without a few threats.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
              From near the 3 the 2 ball bank looks too good to pass up sending the CB to the opposite long rail between the rail and 6. I don’t mind giving up a tough bank from the bottom rail after moving some balls my way but not from anywhere by the 3 without a few threats.
              You are missing that by using the 12 to skim off to duck behind the 3 then the 12 blocks the bank on the 2. Also if you use the 12 to bank into the 5 then the possibility of producing more balls to Donn's hole could very well negate the banking of the 2 when coming off the foot rail and ducking behind the 3.

              Plus moving the 12 & 5 opens it up for Donn for now the 3 is in jeopardy to be cross corner bank without selling out to those two balls for now there are not there, so now Ghost has to protect the 3. Chess like! Whitey
              Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 11-12-2019, 12:21 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
                You are missing that by using the 12 to skim off to duck behind the 3 then the 12 blocks the bank on the 2. Also if you use the 12 to bank into the 5 then the possibility of producing more balls to Donn's hole could very well negate the banking of the 2 when coming off the foot rail and ducking behind the 3.

                Plus moving the 12 & 5 opens it up for Donn for now the 3 is in jeopardy to be cross corner bank without selling out to those two balls for now there are not there, so now Ghost has to protect the 3. Chess like! Whitey
                Good call wise man

                Comment


                • #38
                  I am banking the 10 into the 1 or at my pocket.... Whichever allows me to settle the CB on the top rail behind the 4.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post

                    It would be nice to loosen those three balls up and using the ten to do it looks very risky, especially if the two passes the three.

                    Tom
                    Tom...the two does not pass the three - if it did, I wouldn't be liking the 10ball bank.


                    Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                    "2 or 12" seems very un-Ghost-like.
                    Johnny...I like to throw fate a bone every once-in-awhile......


                    Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                    Well, your old bro Doc did suggest that shot in post #8.

                    ~Doc
                    Sorry Doc, my bad - you were "Johnny on the spot"...


                    - Ghost
                    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-12-2019, 02:16 PM.
                    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I'm trying to figure out, why banking the 6 into that cluster is not good. It would be impossible to miss that ball cluster if you cross the 6 with a VERY controllable lagging cue ball.

                      Banking the ten tho has allot more going on....you could...1. make it....2. miss the cluster short....3. miss it long. Why would no one want to take this shot?
                      Bill Meacham
                      WBT
                      www.worldbilliardtour.com
                      no link....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        I like rolling through the 12 to leave the cue ball stuck on the back of the 3. It looks like that might also move the 5 away. He has all the playable balls near his pocket and that makes me nervous.

                        Or, I bank in the 10, play the 11 off the 1 next getting the down to the foot rail, and then it's clear sailing.
                        Bob Jewett
                        www.sfbilliards.com

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                          I'm trying to figure out, why banking the 6 into that cluster is not good. It would be impossible to miss that ball cluster if you cross the 6 with a VERY controllable lagging cue ball.

                          Banking the ten tho has allot more going on....you could...1. make it....2. miss the cluster short....3. miss it long. Why would no one want to take this shot?
                          I dont mind it Bill...in fact I like it better than the 10 ball bank into the cluster...

                          (just dont float over too far and sell out the 3)
                          Last edited by cincy_kid; 11-12-2019, 05:51 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                            I dont mind it Bill...in fact I like it better than the 10 ball bank into the cluster...

                            (just dont float over too far and sell out the 3)
                            Main reason is protecting the cue ball. Banking the 10 shouted out to me putting the cue ball behind the four.
                            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              IF you can get some movement and maybe get the one in front of the hole, you might can really put him in Dutch. He might have some trouble kicking if the ten has him... Favor it soft. If you mess around and put him straight in on the three, if like a loss, so be careful..

                              "Born Into This"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I see another shot which I would shoot...
                                pretty simple to execute and very effective if done decently...
                                Kick softly off his long rail between the 12/3 with a little left english...
                                Intent is to nudge the 9 into the 1 opening the cluster and pushing the 1 in front of my pocket...
                                the cb stops under the 15 and welds itself to the 9 ball...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X