Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by OneRock View Post
    Anyone passing up the opportunity to deal with the balls closest to the opponent's pocket is simply not a 1-pocket player.

    Interesting observation and edict. Your shot of choice is to float off the 12 ball and position the CB behind the 3 ball (post #12).

    Please help me to understand, since a real 1-pocket player must deal with the balls (that's plural btw) nearest the opponents pocket in order to keep his OP players card, how many and which of those balls (that's plural btw) are you dealing with during that shot?
    Last edited by darmoose; 11-14-2019, 12:01 AM. Reason: error
    The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

    Comment


    • #62
      obviously due to a faulty software problem two onerocks were allowed to sign up. and coincidentally they both appeared in this thread.

      i concur with the latter one as the first has good intentions but that shot doesnt work often enough to be feasible and offers little in the way of improving your position after the next round or two.

      those 3 balls need to be bumped closer to your hole right now. and those that dont agree, i hope steve banishes them to az for a whole week. and that will teach them.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by darmoose View Post
        Interesting observation and edict. Your shot of choice is to float off the 12 ball and position the CB behind the 3 ball (post #12).

        Please help me to understand, since a real 1-pocket player must deal with the balls (that's plural btw) nearest the opponents pocket in order to keep his OP players card, how many and which of those balls (that's plural btw) are you dealing with during that shot?
        Very good catch darmoose. And that's not the first time that Mr. onerock has talked pompously out of his azz.

        Old School

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by darmoose View Post
          Interesting observation and edict. Your shot of choice is to float off the 12 ball and position the CB behind the 3 ball (post #12).

          Please help me to understand, since a real 1-pocket player must deal with the balls (that's plural btw) nearest the opponents pocket in order to keep his OP players card, how many and which of those balls (that's plural btw) are you dealing with during that shot?
          Well, if you move the 12 and freeze on the 3, which Peter is capable of achieving (not 100% of course), then the answer is likely 2 opponent balls moved. Not bad for one shot.

          Back in the 1990s at Chris's, people would say, "Kill your own soldier."
          "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

          Comment


          • #65
            Sorry I’ve been looking at that eye thing the Ghost put up for two dazes. What was the shot?
            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post
              Well, if you move the 12 and freeze on the 3, which Peter is capable of achieving (not 100% of course), then the answer is likely 2 opponent balls moved. Not bad for one shot.

              Back in the 1990s at Chris's, people would say, "Kill your own soldier."
              Very passive shot I think. How far do you think thse balls are getting moved? And how does any of that create a problem for your opponent?

              I prefer to be a bit more creative, perhaps taking a bit more of a chance I will admit, but not much, to create a much more difficult problem for the incoming shooter.

              Wanna play?
              The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by darmoose View Post
                Very passive shot I think. How far do you think thse balls are getting moved? And how does any of that create a problem for your opponent?

                I prefer to be a bit more creative, perhaps taking a bit more of a chance I will admit, but not much, to create a much more difficult problem for the incoming shooter.

                Wanna play?
                Of course, we all want too play😁

                Comment


                • #68
                  It says Donn's hole is bottom right , so if you go off the 15 and open those 3 balls up and hide behind the 3 in front of the opponents pocket , you are not moving balls out of his pocket, you are making them available for yourself and if he is frozen on the bottom of the 3 he is in a lot of trouble, not leaving you something , unless he takes an intentional and then you just give it back . Until he is forced to shoot.
                  Or am I shooting at the wrong hole again? Bottom right to me means where the 1 -9 and 15 are. Donn's pocket?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
                    It says Donn's hole is bottom right , so if you go off the 15 and open those 3 balls up and hide behind the 3 in front of the opponents pocket , you are not moving balls out of his pocket, you are making them available for yourself and if he is frozen on the bottom of the 3 he is in a lot of trouble, not leaving you something , unless he takes an intentional and then you just give it back . Until he is forced to shoot.
                    Or am I shooting at the wrong hole again? Bottom right to me means where the 1 -9 and 15 are. Donn's pocket?
                    Your correct.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I would not shoot any shot where I leave the cueball up table. I don't want to let my opponent have any opportunity to get the cueball behind the one ball. That would change the entire game around. So, my two shots depending how they layout would be to fan the the stripped ball and try to get behind the three ball which is difficult or to kick at the three ball sending it to the clustered balls by my hole.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by beatle View Post
                        those 3 balls need to be bumped closer to your hole right now. and those that dont agree, i hope steve banishes them to az for a whole week. and that will teach them.
                        Hee hee.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Well, as a few posters here also wanted to attempt...Donn decided to shoot what was, imo, an overly ambitious, very difficult to execute (the angle from cueball to 15ball is way too vertical/not flat enough) shot = trying to come off of the 15 to open up the cluster, and drag-draw spin his cueball to leave it behind the 3...

                          ...he didn't quite get his cueball there, the cluster didn't stay near his pocket, and he got lucky not to leave me a cross-corner on the 1 or the 9, which would have lost him the game....here's how it turned out >>>
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-14-2019, 01:49 PM.
                          jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
                            I would not shoot any shot where I leave the cueball up table. I don't want to let my opponent have any opportunity to get the cueball behind the one ball. That would change the entire game around. So, my two shots depending how they layout would be to fan the the stripped ball and try to get behind the three ball which is difficult or to kick at the three ball sending it to the clustered balls by my hole.
                            I am with you, there is no way I am going up table. Because the 3 goes, the 5 goes, the 8 goes, and the 2 on a standard diamond known to readily except balls could be hung.
                            I believe I would kick the 3 hard enough to get movement on the 1.
                            -------------------
                            But, what about this; just kick the cb into the balls by Donn's hole, that could have some real good results if the cb remains either froze or close to the 9 or 15 w/ 1 ball now in front of the hole. Just asking anyone, for I do not know the pros and cons of this shot! Whitey

                            I just seen Ghost posted Donn's shot. That is the ultimate shot, to open up your balls by your hole and get the cb behind the 3. Excellent attempt Donn! I am surprised the balls moved that much. In using Dr. Bills method to stretch and flatten out the angle by using a lot of natural spin, I then think this shot would be easier.
                            Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 11-14-2019, 01:52 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
                              I am with you, there is no way I am going up table. Because the 3 goes, the 5 goes, the 8 goes, and the 2 on a standard diamond known to readily except balls could be hung.
                              I believe I would kick the 3 hard enough to get movement on the 1.
                              -------------------
                              But, what about this; just kick the cb into the balls by Donn's hole, that could have some real good results if the cb remains either froze or close to the 9 or 15 w/ 1 ball now in front of the hole. Just asking anyone, for I do not know the pros and cons of this shot! Whitey

                              I just seen Ghost posted Donn's shot. That is the ultimate shot, to open up your balls by your hole and get the cb behind the 3. Excellent attempt Donn! I am surprised the balls moved that much. In using Dr. Bills method to stretch and flatten out the angle by using a lot of natural spin, I then think this shot would be easier.
                              See post #45. It’s the correct shot IMO however no one commented on it Whitey...

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                                See post #45. It’s the correct shot IMO however no one commented on it Whitey...
                                Good shot Jeff, I didn't understand what you were doing until I just re-read it here. I thought you were kicking into the 3 also.

                                I would be afraid not to move his 3 but if executed well, your shot could be pretty brutal...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X