No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who like kicking at the 3ball with a little speed are going up against it. Meaning that you can lose off the shot but can't win. The chances of selling out a simple cross corner return shot are better than putting your opponent in a trap. Agree? If so then if we are correct, then we learned something.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
      I see another shot which I would shoot...
      pretty simple to execute and very effective if done decently...
      Kick softly off his long rail between the 12/3 with a little left english...
      Intent is to nudge the 9 into the 1 opening the cluster and pushing the 1 in front of my pocket...
      the cb stops under the 15 and welds itself to the 9 ball...
      Good eye Jeff. This option is a little tricky but doable a higher percentage of the time then it appears to be because of the 15ball buffer that is there. The angle is not a natural angle which in turn creates problems with controlling the cue ball but the 15ball buffer tilts the scales to make it a viable option.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Jerry M

After reading all the threads, this comment ''stuck out''.

''I don't want to let my opponent have any opportunity to get the cueball behind the one''
        Bill Meacham
        WBT
        www.worldbilliardtour.com
        no link....

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
          Good eye Jeff. This option is a little tricky but doable a higher percentage of the time then it appears to be because of the 15ball buffer that is there. The angle is not a natural angle which in turn creates problems with controlling the cue ball but the 15ball buffer tilts the scales to make it a viable option.

Dr. Bill
          I thought the same thing... With the 15 there, not a very difficult kick and the result of opening that cluster with the cb tucked under the 15 and behind the 9, well, it would certainly improve the odds of winning the game...

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
            Well, as a few posters here also wanted to attempt...Donn decided to shoot what was, imo, an overly ambitious, very difficult to execute (the angle from cueball to 15ball is way too vertical/not flat enough) shot = trying to come off of the 15 to open up the cluster, and drag-draw spin his cueball to leave it behind the 3...

...he didn't quite get his cueball there, the cluster didn't stay near his pocket, and he got lucky not to leave me a cross-corner on the 1 or the 9, which would have lost him the game....here's how it turned out >>>
            It looks to me like he was trying to make the ball , how in the world did he knock the 15 that far, if he wasn't. My shot was a gentle spin shot , not a smash and grab .

Comment

it looks like he hit that a little harder than i was thinking. softer and more spin and if you get in back of the 3 it is a very good shot.

in my opinion this was a very good shot selection, and it is the type of shot you need to take and execute to beat very good players.

Comment

I don't know this Donn fella, but if every young player looks at that pattern in the original photos, a set of balls that sorta looks "good" close to your hole and on the END rail, that is a nightmare!

You will lose the game protecting that "pattern" many times. Guys will just stuff you back there no problem, and put a ball in near their hole. If they get in trouble they can kick to that spot.

It is hard to win a game with that pattern!

Donn, instinctually or otherwise, recognized this and chose a very wise shot. I will admit it is easy to lose the game on that shot but if that is the case you need to go set it up and shoot it "spin the cb over to a precise spot" about 500 times. Then do it again 500 times tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by El Chapo View Post
                  I don't know this Donn fella, but if every young player looks at that pattern in the original photos, a set of balls that sorta looks "good" close to your hole and on the END rail, that is a nightmare!

You will lose the game protecting that "pattern" many times. Guys will just stuff you back there no problem, and put a ball in near their hole. If they get in trouble they can kick to that spot.

It is hard to win a game with that pattern!

Donn, instinctually or otherwise, recognized this and chose a very wise shot. I will admit it is easy to lose the game on that shot but if that is the case you need to go set it up and shoot it "spin the cb over to a precise spot" about 500 times. Then do it again 500 times tomorrow...
                  Sounds like you have played Bernie Pettipiece. He will put you behind those balls that don't go in your pocket, until most people shoot them away themselves in disgust.

Comment

Working...
                  X