Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Donn's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom right --- ball score is 0-0 --- unusual that all of the balls got spread out this early in the game --- wwyd ----->

p.s. and I know that nobody is going to pick Donn's shot.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-11-2019, 07:38 PM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->

Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
    Cut the eight ball thin towards the one ball (on its right side) and bring the cueball to the side rail where the eleven ball is resting. Make sure not to make the eight ball in the pocket either directly or off the one ball.

Originally posted by Ratamon View Post
    I would just thin the 8 in the direction of the 1 to block the bank on the 1. The 15 does not appear to bank past the 1. The cue ball will end up just past the middle pocket on my side with nothing to shoot at.

^^ This is the shot that I would also shoot in this situation - and many other similar situations that come up...

The axiom to be learned from this, is that, in the mid and endgame, it's almost always safer to leave your opponent facing loose object balls horizontally, rather than vertically.

- Ghost
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-28-2019, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Third view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
        Attached Files

Comment

I like banking the six into the one, cueball to the head rail, utilize the 10 as a blocker.
          Bill Meacham
          WBT
          www.worldbilliardtour.com
          no link....

Comment

Bank the ten off the bottom of the five and mix the balls by your hole up while sending the cue ball to the end rail.
            JOHN HENDERSON
            Al Romero Cue
            Magic Chalk

Comment

hit the 15 with left english and come up table thru that hole between the
              14 and 5 and hide him behind the 2 or 4 ball.

if you get the double kiss right you will make the one or leave it close in any case. and open those three balls for yourself.

Comment

I thought about coming off the 12 too-- so as to kick the 3 from behind and drive it over to disturb that useless 1-9 cluster.

But if the angle wasn't there, I might take a swing at the 10 ball straight back into the 1 ball. I'd be trying to roll the CB off the side rail at the 11 on the head rail behind the 4. Pretty good leave.

Anyway, until that 1-9 is moved, it could die on the vine...

~Doc

Comment

i also like kicking behind the 3 but i am not sure it needs too much english to control the cue ball to hide him. i want to hide him someplace on my turn here
                  and do an aggressive shot. it may be the last one i get.

Comment

Doc. you're close to one of the ideas I would have in mind. I wouldn't complicate the shot on the three though by using the twelve and just kick softly behind the three sending it towards the fifteen. I don't expect to rearrange those balls though. That could risk selling out a bank. I only want to move that pesky three ball out of his neighborhood.

I don't think your other shot is there Doc. At least not to where you can break up the mini cluster by your hole. I also think you could give up open shots on the eight. maybe the three if you end up on the side rail and the five might have a path too. All to risky if you ask me. Now if you play strong enough to bank the ten and draw the cue ball to the side rail and behind the four laying the cue ball on the thirteen. Well, then you've got something!

Now if I felt i had the golden touch working I might play softly off the twelve and lay the cue ball dead on the back of the three. Now that would cause some issues for Ghosty whosty.

Tom
                    Last edited by Tom Wirth; 11-11-2019, 09:19 PM.

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                      I thought about coming off the 12 too-- so as to kick the 3 from behind and drive it over to disturb that useless 1-9 cluster.

But if the angle wasn't there, I might take a swing at the 10 ball straight back into the 1 ball. I'd be trying to roll the CB off the side rail at the 11 on the head rail behind the 4. Pretty good leave.

Anyway, until that 1-9 is moved, it could die on the vine...

~Doc

The slow roll version of this, sticking him behind the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
                        The slow roll version of this, sticking him behind the 3.
                        This would be my shot too.

Comment

I am rolling into the 15 ball to nudge the 9 ball to line up the combo, freezing the cb to the rail. If you let him see your long rail and he kicks at the 1, game over!

Comment

Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                            Bank the ten off the bottom of the five and mix the balls by your hole up while sending the cue ball to the end rail.

Yessir! This is what I liked as well. Lots of good options.
                            Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Ghost vs. Donn 24 wwyd?

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
                              I am rolling into the 15 ball to nudge the 9 ball to line up the combo, freezing the cb to the rail. If you let him see your long rail and he kicks at the 1, game over!

This was the other shot I like. 👍
                              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Working...
                              X