Mark Ben 2

youngstown

Verified Member
Ben has bottom left pocket again (by the chalk)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beatle

Verified Member
time to get rid of those to balls of his and send them up table or shorter to break up his dead combo. kills 2 birds with one stone.
you got enough angle to get the cue ball where you want also.

beatle

Verified Member
if you shoot the bank and leave him that up table stripe ball by mistake, with the dead combos for his hole he can do a lot of damage.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
time to get rid of those to balls of his and send them up table or shorter to break up his dead combo. kills 2 birds with one stone.
you got enough angle to get the cue ball where you want also.
This would be my shot also. The carom behind his balls from Miller is great , but I hate leaving dead balls to my opponents pocket.
I almost always move them the first chance I get.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
I agree with Miller's first post. My opinion is that although the cue ball is near the mouth of the pocket it is still far enough out of it to competently come off the 4-ball and bring the cue ball behind the 12-ball. If I am able to successfully accomplish this shot the following three scenarios could happen. First, I would have broken up the 4-ball/15-ball combination to my opponent's pocket while blocking a "banking 5-ball lane" with the 4-ball. Second, should the cue ball, as it rebounds off the long rail to the short rail and nudges the 12-ball toward the 15-ball, it probably breaks up another easy combination to my opponent's pocket. Third, and most importantly, my opponent is trapped behind a ball and has no clear shot to his pocket.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I also like clearing those balls but not sure exactly where I can get that will be safe with the CB and not sell out some sort of cross corner.

On that note, I like Miller's shot of coming off the 4 (eliminates the dead combo for opponent) and resting behind the 12. String shot if you can get the CB there.

beatle

Verified Member
unless you get tight against those two balls, he can then use the combo to clear out all three of the balls by your pocket and turn it into an even game.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I think this is a WWYD that you need to take a honest assessment of your skills at the time. If you are not shooting well then the obvious choice is to break up the combo and drop behind the 12.

For me personally, I will likely choose to shoot the 1 90% of the time. There is too much up side for me to ignore and playing the cb to a reasonably safe position is not terribly difficult. That said, if you do butcher this shot it will probably be pretty painful.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I think this is a WWYD that you need to take a honest assessment of your skills at the time. If you are not shooting well then the obvious choice is to break up the combo and drop behind the 12.

For me personally, I will likely choose to shoot the 1 90% of the time. There is too much up side for me to ignore and playing the cb to a reasonably safe position is not terribly difficult. That said, if you do butcher this shot it will probably be pretty painful.

Did you elevate and fire it with draw, keeping the cb near mid table?
That would IMO, be better than a pocket speed prayer sellout for sure hope shot bank str8 back... you fired it didn’t you, you str8 shootin rascallion... lol