Hollywood, Fla 11/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood, Fla 11/19

I will be at Lucky Seven Billiards in Hollywood, Fla tomorrow night if anyone is interested in playing.

If Peter can’t make it ask for Prince or John DeTorro. Both are good players

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
      If yah see John, tell em I said Merry Xmas.

Good luck.
      Bill Meacham
      WBT
      www.worldbilliardtour.com
      no link....

Comment

prince plays strong.....jmho

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
          Better than JT?
          Bill Meacham
          WBT
          www.worldbilliardtour.com
          no link....

Comment

I have a new story about me playing Prince I’ll tell you about some time

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, Peter can’t make it tonight. I am sure there will be some players down there that I can match up with.

Comment

The last time I was at Hollywood Billiards was around 18 yrs. ago - I played "Hollywood Randy" - we broke even - is he still around?....played Mario Cruz, beat him...

Also, in the three weeks I was around the area, I played John DiToro - we broke even...played Dick Weaver, also broke even, after about 8 hours...

Then, cruised across 'alligator alley' (love that drive) and over to Fort Meyers, played Glen Olson - I beat him...

Then over to Tampa, played Goose Jr. - and beat him...

Played a lot more players but I can't remember them all.

- Ghost
                jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                  The last time I was at Hollywood Billiards was around 18 yrs. ago - I played "Hollywood Randy" - we broke even - is he still around?....played Mario Cruz, beat him...

Also, in the three weeks I was around the area, I played John DiToro - we broke even...played Dick Weaver, also broke even, after about 8 hours...

Then, cruised across 'alligator alley' (love that drive) and over to Fort Meyers, played Glen Olson - I beat him...

- Ghost
                  ghost
                  you dont book too many losers do you......

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                    Better than JT?
                    if the pilot has played both i would leave that answer to him

Comment

- Ghost
                      I would have like to learn 1P from you instead of playing in the Viking tour. I’ll never catch up to you but I’m trying.

Did you ever play Monster John at Hollywood Billiards?

Comment

Played a lot more players in Florida but I can't remember them all.

- Ghost

ghost
                        you don't book too many losers do you......
                        I try not to Larry......for full disclosure though...

Mario Cruz and Glen Olson were strong rotation players but didn't know One Pocket well, so beating them was no great accomplishment...same goes for Goose Jr. [Benny Conway) who was young then and didn't know One Pocket well yet.

I would have like to learn 1P from you instead of
                        playing in the Viking tour. I’ll never catch up to you but I’m trying.

Did you ever play Monster John at Hollywood Billiards?
                        No Jim, Monster John wasn't around when I was there...and if he was, I wouldn't have liked that action - Monster John played strong - probably close to Richie Richeson's 20yrs. ago speed.

- Ghost

P.S. Gotta love playing rotation players who don't know One Pocket well - that's always been my favorite move
                        Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-20-2019, 04:22 AM.
                        jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

The last time I was at Hollywood Billiards was around 18 yrs. ago - I played "Hollywood Randy" - we broke even - is he still around?

- Ghost
                          peter had a onepocket tournament a few years ago
                          i played "miami "randy for my 3rd round opponent.
                          it is probably the same guy
                          he was older than me and played fast and real good...(i lost..)

Comment

Ben
                            How was the lucky 7 ?
                            Did you get to play prince or ditoro ?

Comment

So Peter can’t make it but I am confident I will find a game. I walk in and see I guy I know from Atlanta playing a match. They finish up and my friends opponent, who seems familiar to me but I cant place, introduces himself as Cliff and asks for 9/7. I give it to him to get the game going. After one game it’s clear to me that I can’t give Cliff 9/7 on this gaffey GC we are playing on so ask to play 9/8 or even. Cliff says no to both offers and calls it a night.

I end up playing another gent giving some crazy spot and after 4 hrs I finish down 2 games.

When we are settling up the pool time the owner is trying to tack on my time with Cliff and I explained that Cliff payed for that. At that point, my playing partner, said his name is not Cliff, it’s Peter from West Palm! A very strange night indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X