Another action Wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another action Wwyd

Ok playing the same guy for the same good stakes. (150 a game). Your pocket the one Across from the balls. You had a 7-2 lead and he is working his way back and now has you in a bad spot. The 4 goes to your hole if you want to go off the air. WWYD??

Last edited by Mkbtank; 11-20-2019, 08:23 PM.
    Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
    Ok playing the same guy for the same good stakes. (150 a game). Your pocket is top left (Across from the balls). You had a 7-2 lead and he is working his way back and now has you in a bad spot. The 4 goes to your hole if you want to go off the air. WWYD??
    Mitch, I'm confused. Is the shooter's pocket by the 1 ball?

Comment

Another action Wwyd

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
      Mitch, I'm confused. Is the shooter's pocket by the 1 ball?

Sorry Doc. The pics posted in the wrong order. Your pocket is ACROSS from the 1 ball.
      Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Tough spot. I like the Fram shot here being i'm on 7. I would play the combo as straight as i could into the 9-1. Might even get lucky and make my game ball.

Comment

There is one of those one pocket book shots in here, kiss bank the 4 and send the 6 two rails to your hole and draw the cueball. How many times to you get a chance to win a game with 9 balls

Comment

mitch
            i would 3 rail into the 1

Comment

There is a pretty natural shot here that will move two balls toward your hole and allow you to focus on the CB not leaving a good shot for him.

Hit the 4 ball on the left side into the right side of the 6 ball, sending both those balls toward your hole. Focus on playing the CB two rails back up into the same area it currently resides leaving the opponent doubled up on the 9 ball and the 1 ball.

You are playing the CB., and you have over half of the table anywhere behind the kitchen stringline to accomplish the leave.
              Last edited by darmoose; 11-20-2019, 11:37 PM. Reason: error
              The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

Comment

So looking at the second picture, the one is in front of your pocket? And he is shooting? Three rail kick on the one which will also kick out the nine. Or bank the four ball with the cue ball ending up on the rail where it started. I’m still confused on who’s pocket is who’s and who’s shot it is.
                This wwyd should be called The who’s who.
                Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

I'm taking an intentional here by freezing the CB on the head rail by the first diamond on his side of the table. I'd like to see how he deals with the spotted ball without leaving me a cross bank.

Comment

Another action Wwyd

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
                    So looking at the second picture, the one is in front of your pocket? And he is shooting? Three rail kick on the one which will also kick out the nine. Or bank the four ball with the cue ball ending up on the rail where it started. I’m still confused on who’s pocket is who’s and who’s shot it is.

This wwyd should be called The who’s who.

Haha. It was My shot. My pocket is across from the 1 ball. I was in a bad spot because all the balls were on his side.

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                      I'm taking an intentional here by freezing the CB on the head rail by the first diamond on his side of the table. I'd like to see how he deals with the spotted ball without leaving me a cross bank.
                      This is brilliant. I wish I was able to think like this.

Comment

Mitch,
                        Kick off his long rail with low right draw into the 1 ball, banking it up table to your side, keep the cb near where the 1 ball was... problem is, from here, it’s hard to tell if there is a danger with catching/brushing the 9 ball. If at the table and thought I could execute the kick off the long rail on the 1 without brushing the 9, then that’s what I’d do...

I’d hate to open up the 4/6, but there is another shot which could easily win or lose the game if you’re a risk taker... cut the 4 into the right side of the 6, thus moving the 6 over to your side, while trying to bank the 4 one rail off the right side of the 6 for the win... shoot with high left english going two rails outta the corner and bringing the cb back up table to near the head rail leaving a long combo on the 1 ( which he probably wouldn’t attempt ) should the 4 not go...

If you take an intentional, he would surely just take one also, so I wouldn’t do that, I’d really like to stay in the one hole if possible....

Definitely not a good spot for you here....

Comment

I'm with Darmoose. Play off the 4 and send Jojo two rails back to where he is. No need to disturb the other three balls. I would sure hate to give up my seventh ball.
                          If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

I've played people who will get the thin hit on the spotted ball and now they have five balls on their side and I'm stuck to the far bumper. Or they make the ball.

How about kicking off the foot rail to the 1 ball with right? Maybe a little swerve is needed. Hard to tell if it's on.
                            Bob Jewett
                            www.sfbilliards.com

Comment

Wouldn't he just bank it anywhere to his side and bring the CB back up table?
                              "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Working...
                              X