Alex Pagulayan vs. Ian Costello Late Night Action

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Just heard on the poolactiontv stream of the Turkey Shoot at Griffs, that Alex Pagulayan will play Ian Costello one pocket tonight after tourament play concludes. I don't know the spot and there may not be commentary, but Ray said they would be streaming it.

Terry Hanna said this: Alex is giving Ian 10/7 and the breaks. The entry fee is 10,000.

Hope it happens!!!!!
Dave

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Just heard on the poolactiontv stream of the Turkey Shoot at Griffs, that Alex Pagulayan will play Ian Costello one pocket tonight after tourament play concludes. I don't know the spot and there may not be commentary, but Ray said they would be streaming it.

Terry Hanna said this: Alex is giving Ian 10/7 and the breaks. The entry fee is 10,000.

Hope it happens!!!!!
Dave

I played Ian two weeks ago. He quit me 0-3 giving me 9/7. He needs more than 10/7 in 1P. Getting the breaks might help. I wish I could watch

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I played Ian two weeks ago. He quit me 0-3 giving me 9/7. He needs more than 10/7 in 1P. Getting the breaks might help. I wish I could watch

Nice background, thanks. The cameras are set up and they have JJ to commentate for at least s couple hours, but.... Alex is done for the night but Ian is on the one loss side with more games to play. It may be postponed, they will know in a bit. I'll never make it up. Lol

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Late night Action at Griff's in Las Vegas starting now.

The Lion Alex Pagulayan vs Ian Costello.

One pocket race to 7 with $10,000 Entry Each.

Alex is giving up 10/7 and the breaks.

Event, daypass & Premium all include this action.

Check it out and get your pass now at www.PoolActionTV.com

A New Design (46).jpg

Last edited:

Thecoats

Well-Known-Member
From
Kansas City, MO

I watched it all and it is the classic match up of a decent short stop playing a champion with not nearly enough weight. I have been there a few times myself. :frus:eek: It didn't take me long to realize the key to matching up with champions is the keep your number low. If the short stop is still going to 7 or 8 it often doesn't really matter what the champions number is, the higher number just makes the games take a little longer.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Ian is a very good player but you are not going to see his best game playing someone like Alex. When you are playing a champion (I have tried it a few times) and they outplay you in every facet of the game, they put you on tilt at some point. Who gets out of the break better than Alex, and even if you do put down a perfect break, he takes a few scratches and wiggles out of it most of the time.

Maybe Ian would have a better game with that spot and the pick:D, but Alex is liable to rise to the occasion there too.

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
I wouldn’t bet on a game with Ian in it even if we were in on it together. Who ever put this match up knew Ian has no chance, none. I remember when Scott Frost gave JR Henry some ridiculous spot and it was like John was playing without a cue. Ian is a card player and dollars to donuts this game was created at the card tables. Ian and Alex are $5K richer.

I believe this about a lot of top players, i've been sceptical of Frost on this form, but IMO you adding Alex Pagulayan into that group is a bit slanderous and out of line. Alex is one of the good guys in a sport/game of mostly cut up confidence men, He represents the community with class and humor and is above this type of action at this point in his career in this industry.

99% of the fake gambling matches the past year are stuck up for tooth and nail by older out of the real loop members, have you noticed Alex Pagulayan in one of those appearance fee matches disguised as real action? I'll wait..

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I dont know Ian or anything about his game but IMO Alex can probably give players in the lower part of the top 10 10/8 maybe 9/7....I could be wrong but it seems that way to me!

If that's the case, since Ian is not one of the top 10 players in the world, I would have bet on Alex.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I dont know Ian or anything about his game but IMO Alex can probably give players in the lower part of the top 10 10/8 maybe 9/7....I could be wrong but it seems that way to me!

If that's the case, since Ian is not one of the top 10 players in the world, I would have bet on Alex.

Ian spends some time in NorCal with family and did live here for quite a while. Originally from the east coast, he is another pool player who turned to poker and ended up living in Vegas. I think all the $$ the poker players are slinging around the pool room has him playing quite a bit again. He told me they play partners games there quite high from 5k a man on up.

The pilot said he beat him getting 9/7 so that means you and I are pretty even with him.:D:lol

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I never played Ian, but I watched him in a bank ring game... he was clearly the best 3 and 4 multi rail banker in the bunch.