Donn vs. Ray 1 - end game - wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donn vs. Ray 1 - end game - wwyd?

Ray's shot, his pocket is at the bottom right - Ray's an old school straight pool player still learning One Pocket --- the ball score is 6-5, Donn ahead, both going to 8 --- Ray's in a tough spot, needing to come up with a safety without leaving Donn a cut shot or a bank shot of any kind.....wwyd?

p.s. the 13 is frozen to the rail, and the 8 can be cut in from that area without scratching in the side pocket. >>>
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Last Pic >>>
    Attached Files

Comment

Make the eight in the side
      and float behind the one ball
      To use as a blocker
      Or cross the 11 come back to the foot rail
      I like #1 bettet

Comment

Distance, now we both have 2 balls on each side

Bank the 15 to my side, cue ball back to the foot rail, cue ball about a diamond away from my pocket.
        Last edited by Island Drive; 11-25-2019, 02:54 PM.
        Bill Meacham
        WBT
        www.worldbilliardtour.com
        no link....

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
          Make the eight in the side
          and float behind the one ball
          To use as a blocker
          Or cross the 11 come back to the foot rail
          I like #1 bettet
          I like making the 8 too Larry, but I am too afraid of the potential scratch to roll down to the 1 so I will settle on using the 11 as a blocker.

Edit - it looks like after looking at it again, if you make the 8 in the side with follow you go up to the long rail and then snuggle in behind the 1 so good call Larry and if you dont get there you may still have the 11 blocking it ~

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
            I like making the 8 too Larry, but I am too afraid of the potential scratch to roll down to the 1 so I will settle on using the 11 as a blocker.

Edit - it looks like after looking at it again, if you make the 8 in the side with follow you go up to the long rail and then snuggle in behind the 1 so good call Larry and if you dont get there you may still have the 11 blocking it ~
            What about the one ball bank after your shot?
            Bill Meacham
            WBT
            no link....

Comment

In a bad spot long and on the rail, so going with a simple shot - Cut the 8 thin on the left side just hard enough send CB above my side pocket. I expect to be back on the foot rail again but this next time the 8 won’t be a concern.

Comment

Wouldn't that leave a 2 rail bank on the 15 ?
                Your opponent will also have two balls on his side to hide behind.
                Bill Meacham
                WBT
                no link....

Comment

If you are hell bent a on leaving nothing, then there are 2 shots that I see. First is to float off the edge if the 8 to long/short rail and try to lock up behind the 1. If you miss getting behind the 1 the 8 should be pretty close to the long rail leaving a very difficult bank at best. Obviously this is a pretty dicey shot with the corner pocket looming large. The 2nd option is to take a intentional locking up on the back side of 1.

For me, I would probably kick the 1 up by the side pocket and take my chances. Don should think twice about shoot with the 13 sitting on my long rail.

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                    Wouldn't that leave a 2 rail bank on the 15 ?

Your opponent will also have two balls on his side to hide behind.

That’s possible depending how it ends up. My first thought was Larry’s shot but if I came up short I might leave a straight back on the 1. My second thought was what you suggested but I didn’t want to leave a straight back on the 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
                      If you are hell bent a on leaving nothing, then there are 2 shots that I see. First is to float off the edge if the 8 to long/short rail and try to lock up behind the 1. If you miss getting behind the 1 the 8 should be pretty close to the long rail leaving a very difficult bank at best. Obviously this is a pretty dicey shot with the corner pocket looming large. The 2nd option is to take a intentional locking up on the back side of 1.

For me, I would probably kick the 1 up by the side pocket and take my chances. Don should think twice about shoot with the 13 sitting on my long rail.

I think we’re talking about different pockets

Comment

Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
                        That’s possible depending how it ends up. My first thought was Larry’s shot but if I came up short I might leave a straight back on the 1. My second thought was what you suggested but I didn’t want to leave a straight back on the 1.
                        Keep in mind, the bank on the 15 is a natural 12 o'clock cue ball, up and back. Nothing but speed and feel. Distance is too your benefit putting em back on the foot rail. I'm thinking the 15 will bank long and come out 3 rails to about the first diamond on the head rail.
                        Bill Meacham
                        WBT
                        no link....

Comment

another reason I like Larry's better

Comment

Im with Larry on this one. K

Comment

Bill...he's gonna bank the one ball straight back after your shot..."people in glass houses..."

Comment

Working...
                              X