No announcement yet.

Donn vs. Ray 1 - end game - wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would bank the 8 ball just short of my side pocket 2 rails and come out so that he has no natural bank on the 1 but can back bank the 11 but the 8 ball is in play by my side pocket if he does.
    He can draw back and not leave me a cut, but the 8 being repositioned there is something to contend with, not just giving him a totally free shot.
    Last edited by Billy Jackets; 11-25-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

skin the 8 down the rail and bring the cueball over. said before in the thread.

or if your opponent isnt a long range shooter pocket the 13 and leave him down on the short rail. let him shoot and sellout something, as you are down a ball here.

Comment

they arent shooting at anything down there because their pockets are at the other end of the table.

how about when posting a wwyd identify the pocket by whats near it or something like that. top or bottom is too confusing it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
          they arent shooting at anything down there because their pockets are at the other end of the table.

how about when posting a wwyd identify the pocket by whats near it or something like that. top or bottom is too confusing it seems.
          I always just try to find the spot on the table to know which end if it's confusing, but I hear you, I have gotten pockets mixed up myself in some WWYD's in the past!

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
            they arent shooting at anything down there because their pockets are at the other end of the table.....

how about when posting a wwyd identify the pocket by whats near it or something like that. Nope...
            The Ghost is always moving = I wan't to keep all these chuckleheads shooting at the wrong pocket so that it'll be ingrained in their head and zombie-like they'll do the same thing when they're playing me......

- Ghost
            jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

I am thinning the 8 with inside and trying to get as close to the 13 as possible

Comment

Cross the 11 to my side, back down table to the bottom rail. The 8 and 1 block each other for a bank.
                Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
                  Cross the 11 to my side, back down table to the bottom rail. The 8 and 1 block each other for a bank.
                  I would cross the 11 also....bring whitey back to where it is now, or close to it.
                  Chris P.

Comment

i like the two railer on the 8

Comment

The 13 is frozen to the rail and you don't want to shoot it right in?

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                        That was my first choice until Ghost FINALLY described the table as being the other direction.
                        Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by OneRock View Post
                          I thought I had gotten up and was at my computer - it seems so real...but now I realize that I'm actually still in bed sleeping and having a nightmare.
                          jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

I’d be tempted to move the 13, although it’s contrary to sound one pocket judgement under almost all conditions....

I see this as a particularly tough spot from which to not leave a cut or a bank for your opponent, as per the spooky ones suggestion in his post...

So, that said, I’d two rail the 13, ( about a 1/2 full hit ) using high left english...

If it works out as I envision, the 13 will move into and tie up all the banking lanes, and the cue ball will swing two rails very nicely and move back to the same general area in which it currently resides...

I’m curious as to what the really knowledgeable one pocket players would do from this spot.... another excellent wwyd oh invisible one!

Comment

Cut the eight ball thin towards the one ball (on its right side) and bring the cueball to the side rail where the eleven ball is resting. Make sure not to make the eight ball in the pocket either directly or off the one ball.

Comment

Unless I got the pockets mixed up,

I would just thin the 8 in the direction of the 1 to block the bank on the 1. The 15 does not appear to bank past the 1. The cue ball will end up just past the middle pocket on my side with nothing to shoot at.

Given where the spot is on the table I don't think I've got the pockets mixed up so it's an uptable game?

Comment

Working...
                                X