ck VS rc -- 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ck VS rc -- 1

I finally was able to get out yesterday to play a few hours with one of my old buddies and one hole mentors. I was able to get 2 diff WWYD shots to post.

Here is the first.

I am down 3 to -2 (I owe 2) both going to 8. It's my shot and my pocket is where the 14 is almost straight in.

WWYD?

Im playing the 9 ball into the one ball pushing it toward my hole. using outside spin and laying the cueball on the bottom rail. K

Comment

Originally posted by sappo View Post
      Im playing the 9 ball into the one ball pushing it toward my hole. using outside spin and laying the cueball on the bottom rail. K
      My shot also but no spin, pocket speed.

Comment

ck VS rc -- 1

Yeah 9-1 without question drop to the bottom rail for coverageability
        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

I also shoot the one with outside spin, but instead of shooting it at the nine, I'm going to shoot it at the ten and hope to get the twelve near my hole. The cue ends up on the bottom rail and he probably has to take a foul, kicking under the twelve. From there, I bank the fourteen and I have him in a real pickle.

Comment

I like stiffing in the 10 and letting my cue ball drift. Nothing goes in my opponents hole so as long as I don’t shoot too straight, which rarely happens, I’ll be ok.
            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

I like a two rail kick into the eight with some speed. If I miss it on the high side I will hit the seven with almost the same results.
              JOHN HENDERSON
              Al Romero Cue
              Magic Chalk

Comment

off the 9 all day long for me
                2 railing with speed is not controlable enough with my skill set

Comment

it looks like i can shoot the 14 and get in behind the 12 and make it and maybe run some of the ten balls i need before he gets the 5 he needs.

he is going to send balls up table soon and seal my fate.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                    it looks like i can shoot the 14 and get in behind the 12 and make it and maybe run some of the ten balls i need before he gets the 5 he needs.

he is going to send balls up table soon and seal my fate.
                    I don’t think your cue ball will slide that far. I see shooting the one next, then the bottom rail.
                    Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

yea bill, if the 14 shot cant get over enough then cutting in the 1 ball although a tougher shot does leave a good chance to get safe if you miss.

i favor shooting at something that can get me back into the game before its too late.

Comment

For all youse guys who want to come off the 9 and drop to the bottom rail, of course that's the shot if you can do it. It was the first thing I looked at and we all probably looked at.

However, and something I failed to mention

Either the pics are deceiving or I was not able to judge the angles well that day which anything could be possible but from where the CB lies, on the rail and at that angle, you are headed straight into that corner pocket if you try anything off the 9. The only thing you can use is follow and you cant get to the long rail IMO.

If you shoot it hard, sure you can carom over into the side rail but hitting it slow to stay on the bottom rail, it seemed to me at the time at least not worth the risk.

So lets just say for example purposes, that shot was not there, what do you do?

Comment

ck VS rc -- 1

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                          For all youse guys who want to come off the 9 and drop to the bottom rail, of course that's the shot if you can do it. It was the first thing I looked at and we all probably looked at.

However, and something I failed to mention

Either the pics are deceiving or I was not able to judge the angles well that day which anything could be possible but from where the CB lies, on the rail and at that angle, you are headed straight into that corner pocket if you try anything off the 9. The only thing you can use is follow and you cant get to the long rail IMO.

If you shoot it hard, sure you can carom over into the side rail but hitting it slow to stay on the bottom rail, it seemed to me at the time at least not worth the risk.

So lets just say for example purposes, that shot was not there, what do you do?

I might even two rail out of his corner and kick the 8 towards the balls on my side bringing him back uptable. Should put him in a tough spot if it get the speed right and leave him by the top rail. . Late edit: Just saw Hendys call. Nice!! 👍
                          Last edited by Mkbtank; 11-26-2019, 09:39 AM.
                          Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

2 rail kick

I agree with Hendy and Mitch. The 2 rail kick on the 8 and bringing the cue back to the top rail. Don't hit the eight full in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                              I like a two rail kick into the eight with some speed. If I miss it on the high side I will hit the seven with almost the same results.
                              Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                              I might even two rail out of his corner and kick the 8 towards the balls on my side bringing him back uptable. Should put him in a tough spot if it get the speed right and leave him by the top rail. . Late edit: Just saw Hendys call. Nice!! 👍
                              Originally posted by Jakie View Post
                              I agree with Hendy and Mitch. The 2 rail kick on the 8 and bringing the cue back to the top rail. Don't hit the eight full in the face.
                              strong votes for this shot
                              guess i need to practice it

Comment

Working...
                              X