ck VS rc -- 1

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I finally was able to get out yesterday to play a few hours with one of my old buddies and one hole mentors. I was able to get 2 diff WWYD shots to post.

Here is the first.

I am down 3 to -2 (I owe 2) both going to 8. It's my shot and my pocket is where the 14 is almost straight in.

WWYD?

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Im playing the 9 ball into the one ball pushing it toward my hole. using outside spin and laying the cueball on the bottom rail. K

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I also shoot the one with outside spin, but instead of shooting it at the nine, I'm going to shoot it at the ten and hope to get the twelve near my hole. The cue ends up on the bottom rail and he probably has to take a foul, kicking under the twelve. From there, I bank the fourteen and I have him in a real pickle.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I like stiffing in the 10 and letting my cue ball drift. Nothing goes in my opponents hole so as long as I don’t shoot too straight, which rarely happens, I’ll be ok.:heh

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I like a two rail kick into the eight with some speed. If I miss it on the high side I will hit the seven with almost the same results.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
off the 9 all day long for me
2 railing with speed is not controlable enough with my skill set

beatle

Verified Member
it looks like i can shoot the 14 and get in behind the 12 and make it and maybe run some of the ten balls i need before he gets the 5 he needs.

he is going to send balls up table soon and seal my fate.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
it looks like i can shoot the 14 and get in behind the 12 and make it and maybe run some of the ten balls i need before he gets the 5 he needs.

he is going to send balls up table soon and seal my fate.

I don’t think your cue ball will slide that far. I see shooting the one next, then the bottom rail.

beatle

Verified Member
yea bill, if the 14 shot cant get over enough then cutting in the 1 ball although a tougher shot does leave a good chance to get safe if you miss.

i favor shooting at something that can get me back into the game before its too late.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
For all youse guys who want to come off the 9 and drop to the bottom rail, of course that's the shot if you can do it. It was the first thing I looked at and we all probably looked at.

However, and something I failed to mention :sorry

Either the pics are deceiving or I was not able to judge the angles well that day which anything could be possible but from where the CB lies, on the rail and at that angle, you are headed straight into that corner pocket if you try anything off the 9. The only thing you can use is follow and you cant get to the long rail IMO.

If you shoot it hard, sure you can carom over into the side rail but hitting it slow to stay on the bottom rail, it seemed to me at the time at least not worth the risk.

So lets just say for example purposes, that shot was not there, what do you do?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
ck VS rc -- 1

For all youse guys who want to come off the 9 and drop to the bottom rail, of course that's the shot if you can do it. It was the first thing I looked at and we all probably looked at.

However, and something I failed to mention :sorry

Either the pics are deceiving or I was not able to judge the angles well that day which anything could be possible but from where the CB lies, on the rail and at that angle, you are headed straight into that corner pocket if you try anything off the 9. The only thing you can use is follow and you cant get to the long rail IMO.

If you shoot it hard, sure you can carom over into the side rail but hitting it slow to stay on the bottom rail, it seemed to me at the time at least not worth the risk.

So lets just say for example purposes, that shot was not there, what do you do?

I might even two rail out of his corner and kick the 8 towards the balls on my side bringing him back uptable. Should put him in a tough spot if it get the speed right and leave him by the top rail. :). Late edit: Just saw Hendys call. Nice!! 👍

Last edited:

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
2 rail kick

2 rail kick

I agree with Hendy and Mitch. The 2 rail kick on the 8 and bringing the cue back to the top rail. Don't hit the eight full in the face.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I like a two rail kick into the eight with some speed. If I miss it on the high side I will hit the seven with almost the same results.

I might even two rail out of his corner and kick the 8 towards the balls on my side bringing him back uptable. Should put him in a tough spot if it get the speed right and leave him by the top rail. :). Late edit: Just saw Hendys call. Nice!! 👍

I agree with Hendy and Mitch. The 2 rail kick on the 8 and bringing the cue back to the top rail. Don't hit the eight full in the face.

strong votes for this shot
guess i need to practice it

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
strong votes for this shot
guess i need to practice it

Practicing the two rail kick is great but in this layout it’s not the best shot IMO. The combo is pretty safe and if you make it there’s plenty to shoot at afterwards

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
There is one shot which no one has mentioned. Coming off the seven and dropping down to the bottom rail. The 9 looks like a scratch from the looks of it and two rail kick on the 8? I dunno John, where’s the cue ball going with all that speed?