ck VS rc -- 2

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Here is the other WWYD.

Score is 1-1, both going to 8 balls.

It's my shot and my hole is the one without the 3 balls sitting in front of it.

WWYD?

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I would shoot straight at the head rail with however many tips of english it takes to come up behind those 3 balls with a 2 rail kick. But I practice these shots all the time , if you don't practice ,then " splash them".

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I would shoot straight at the head rail with however many tips of english it takes to come up behind those 3 balls with a 2 rail kick. But I practice these shots all the time , if you don't practice ,then " splash them".

It all depends on how well you can curve your cue ball. I like to practice different types of slerve. Just be sure you don’t curve it into the pack.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I learnt this one from T-Rex. Kick the 13 in. Another kick could be, kick at the four off the seven. Cue ball ends up safe, you get a ball on your side and your out of the trap. It could be the four goes straight in but it’s hard to tell from the view.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Bank the 9 to your side drop the cb to end rail between 1st and 2nd Diamond.
Opponent will most likely thin off stack and put you in the stack. Start working your way out of the trap with 2 rail kicks at the balls in front of his pocket.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
ck VS rc -- 2

Opponent will most likely thin off stack and put you in the stack. Start working your way out of the trap with 2 rail kicks at the balls in front of his pocket.

Same shot I saw. 👍

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Same shot I saw. 👍

hey i guess my decisions are improving....:)
wish i could shoot like you guys...:eek::eek::frus

beatle

Verified Member
if the 4 isnt dead i am clearing out those 3 balls either from the front or back. they are history.

Seb Pauchon

From
Vevey - Switzerland
Always hard to judge with certitude on pictures, but I'd give that trio of balls a long hard look, I think the 1 might very well kiss off the 6 into the 3.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-11-26 à 10.23.00.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2019-11-26 à 10.23.00.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 0

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I would take a really long look at the 4 ball to see if it is dead if it is not l I would look really hard at the combo bank 3 to the 6 with a stop ball to tree top them on the return

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois

I agree with your shot of banking the 9-ball to my side of the table and spinning the cue ball to the end rail.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if the 4 isnt dead i am clearing out those 3 balls either from the front or back. they are history.

beatle
could you give alittle more detail here please
to me
1) i dont see how you can get behind the 3 balls
2) i am not sure exactly how to hit them and not leave something still there
3) what do you do with the cue ball since the 13 banks to his pocket
thanks in advance

youngstown

Verified Member
ck VS rc -- 2

I learnt this one from T-Rex. Kick the 13 in. Another kick could be, kick at the four off the seven. Cue ball ends up safe, you get a ball on your side and your out of the trap. It could be the four goes straight in but it’s hard to tell from the view.

Bruce Lee over here! When Chuck Norris goes to sleep, he has nightmares of KY Bill. 🤣. Seriously though, only if I know the table extremely well would I consider either shot.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
The 4 ball was not dead, it was going to hit around the first diamond, maybe a little closer to the pocket but could not throw it in no matter where you hit it from.

Take a look at the last pic in my post, you can see the intersecting angle of the 4 and 12 points pretty much to the first diamond.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Yep, me too.

I am still waiting to hear how you (or beatle) are going to clear those balls...give us some specifics gents :)

actually just looked at the shot again and think I know a better shot than the one I took, (may have been mentioned already, may not have been hehe)...

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I am still waiting to hear how you (or beatle) are going to clear those balls...give us some specifics gents :)

actually just looked at the shot again and think I know a better shot than the one I took, (may have been mentioned already, may not have been hehe)...

You'll have to ask Beatle. :lol

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I am going to slam into the 1 by crossing over it with high left. I am trying to slam the one into the 13 at the same time moving the 3 and kissing the 6 out of there. Hopefully i can send a ball in my hole or at least cause a ruckus.
What could go wrong?

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I am going to slam into the 1 by crossing over it with high left. I am trying to slam the one into the 13 at the same time moving the 3 and kissing the 6 out of there. Hopefully i can send a ball in my hole or at least cause a ruckus.
What could go wrong?

I looked at this. High English to force the cue ball to the six? What I see with this is a double, triple kiss on the one, 6 rolling towards the hole and the three going to the bottom rail where the cue ball also lands. I think you and I have to play if I ever start playing again.