You need 6

youngstown

Verified Member
Your pocket is marked by the white coin

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Mark, I have studied your predicament. The only thing I can see to do, and what I would try, is to thin the 5 ball and try to leave whitey on the end rail.

Live to see another shot. Does anyone see an offensive shot here ?

You are down 5 - 2. You are not out of the game. Let your opponent make the first mistake.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Mark, I have studied your predicament. The only thing I can see to do, and what I would try, is to thin the 5 ball and try to leave whitey on the end rail.

You are down 5 - 2. You are not out of the game. Let your opponent make the first mistake.
Chipping off the 5 is all i see.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
If I go up-table with Jojo the 13 will be gone before I get back. So, I will bank the 7 to around the side pocket and send Jojo to the long rail where the 5 ball will protect the 13. The 5 won't bank.

Cory in dc

Verified Member

If you're used to the table and the 11 doesn't go straight (I think it probably does), then maybe combo the 3/4 and go under the 11.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
The only thing I can see to do, and what I would try, is to thin the 5 ball and try to leave whitey on the end rail.

Hi Robert....it's risky thinning the 11 with the scratch in the side looming, and just about no gain with the shot anyway...

A better and safer way of utilizing the 5ball is this...

Shoot the 5 almost dead straight ahead, but cutting it a hair to the right, and follow down to the head rail - and this angle might even leave him jacked up on top of the 9...and the speed for that hit, will coincide with the 5 coming back 3 rails and ending up in the the shooters pocket area, between the 7 and the 13...most players don't see variations of this useful shot when they're an option.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Rail first and thin off the 3 to over near the nine if you can naturally get past the 11.
If you can't, then ghosts shot.
I like shooting the 3 into the 4 and making it, if you can draw over and miss the 11 and put him near his long rail . I would not use follow because you can either hit the 11 or the 3 when it comes off the 4 . Both are bad results.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
There is one offensive shot. 5 ball off the 9, 5 goes two rails and 9 goes one rail towards your hole. Follow the cue ball two rails to the head rail and hope it doesn’t kiss the 5.

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
Wwyd

Wwyd

Hi Robert....it's risky thinning the 11 with the scratch in the side looming, and just about no gain with the shot anyway...

Shoot the 5 almost dead straight ahead, but cutting it a hair to the right, and follow down to the head rail - and this angle might even leave him jacked up on top of the 9...and the speed for that hit, will coincide with the 5 coming back 3 rails and ending up in the the shooters pocket area, between the 7 and the 13...most players don't see variations of this useful shot when they're an option.

- Ghost
I like 3 railing the 13 . Hit the 2nd rail just to the left of the top right corner pocket and sending the 13 towards your pocket. High english on the cue ball following the 13 to the top rail by the 9. This shot accomplishes 3 things for you:
1. moves a very bankable 13
2. gets the cue to a safe area
3. gets the 13 back in play on your side

Good wwyd.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
You need 6

There is one offensive shot. 5 ball off the 9, 5 goes two rails and 9 goes one rail towards your hole. Follow the cue ball two rails to the head rail and hope it doesn’t kiss the 5.

Actually there are two offensive shots. You could also twist bank the 13 straight back. If you wanted to go all out :).

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois

- Ghost

I like Ghost's shot. But there's a safer shot to shoot since you need 6 and are not shooting at your pocket to make a ball. I like shooting at the 7-ball where it angles off the back rail and into the 3-ball with enough speed to get both of them approximately by the "kitchen line." The draw and the speed of the cue ball off the 7-ball should bring the "rock" back toward the long rail near your opponent's pocket. That leaves your opponent with only one offensive shot (banking the nine ball off the back rail... I don't think your opponent is shooting this unless his name is Brumback).

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga

- Ghost

This is a good offensive shot but I see the cb landing well left of the 9. If correct, it’s important to get the 5 to the bottom rail or you will be leaving a cut on the 2 with z shape for the 5.

I am not suggesting I would shoot the 2 given the score but many would.

Last edited:

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Looks to me like that dark ball (7 or 8) closest to you banks back to your hole. These type of banks reverse somewhat off the top rail, there is plenty of room to get by the 13 ball. CB goes up table and you can do some damage from there, maybe. Should you miss the bank you can stil put him in some trouble.:)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I am feathering the seven and trying to get the cue ball downtable by the nine. I will leave a cross bank unless I cover it up with the seven, but needing six I have to give him a chance to make a mistake.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Looks to me like that dark ball (7 or 8) closest to you banks back to your hole. These type of banks reverse somewhat off the top rail, there is plenty of room to get by the 13 ball. CB goes up table and you can do some damage from there, maybe. Should you miss the bank you can stil put him in some trouble.:)

Level cue, a bit of right English, Bob's your uncle. :)

P.S. fI you miss rack' em and play another.

youngstown

Verified Member
You need 6

If I go up-table with Jojo the 13 will be gone before I get back. So, I will bank the 7 to around the side pocket and send Jojo to the long rail where the 5 ball will protect the 13. The 5 won't bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baby huey

Verified Member
Get some heat on your opponent and one rail the thirteen and get the cueball up by the nine ball. You might make the thirteen and could have a stab at running some balls.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I also think the 7 can be banked past the 13 , but it takes a perfect hit, on any shot like that ,you should ask yourself , whats the worst thing that could happen , because if you are playing for more than 20 a game , it is usually what happens to most people. Those of you with a bouquet of 4 leaf clovers in your booty , just ignore this.
You have to hit that 7 with enough pace, to stiff it off the end rail, so if you touch the 13, its probably going over to your opponents pocket area on a thin hit, and get banked over by the side on a thicker one. both of which would force me to pass on it . for cheap money and a chance to be a hero for about 2 seconds , fire away.
The fans emotions are highly overrated. Most of the time , you make a terrific shot and there are 10 people watching and they are all looking at somebodys wart that just grew on their nose 2 days before.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Thanks, Kid, for your attention to my post. That's the shot I proposed, except that I intended to leave the cue ball near the side pocket, with the 5 ball blocking his view of the 13. I still like it.