forum upgrade

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
CK, when I first looked at your post below, there was only a little "square" where the image should be. But once I right-clicked and selected "view image" the image showed. Even after I went to another thread, then came back, the image still was there.

I haven't experimented with it, but does the image icon in the task bar allow for adding a copied image?

~Doc

interesting indeed, I don't even see an image at all where I pasted it yesterday LOL... :mad:

Typically the way I copy and paste an image Doc is by right clicking on the image and then choose "COPY". Then come to the forum, click in the box editor where you want the image to appear (make sure the little vertical line is flashing in the box so you know that is where the image will paste to).

Then you can right click there and choose "PASTE" and that should insert the image into the post.

However not sure why mine is not there anymore, here is another test:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I did move several of the sticky threads to the Member's Cafe, to reduce the sticky threads here in the main forum. I'm also thinking about merging the streams thread and the events thread into one sticky -- since they are related -- which would cut them down by one more. I'd like feedback.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Cincy and I are still working on this whole forum upgrade thing, but we are also looking at other options. To be honest, this particular upgrade had a lot more changes to it than prior ones have, and that we were expecting, and the jury is definitely still out. We cannot have a format that discourages activity -- that makes no sense at all. Thank you for your patience.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
This thread covers nine pages so far. By going to the bottom of the first page I have the option of reviewing any of the first four pages, plus page nine. If I go to page four, at the bottom I can select any page I want. No such choices at the top of the page. Can't this be improved to at least the same options offered at the bottom?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I think someone was asking about the first unread post within an ongoing thread. I noticed that when you go to any of the forums, like the members cafe or the one pocket section, there are small little blue emblems that are blue, over to the left of the thread, if that thread contains posts you have NOT read. In this screenshot of four threads, you can see that the top thread is not blue because I have read all of the posts in that one and am now posting this message in there.. The three threads below there are blue which means there are posts in there I have NOT read.. If you look real close there is a tiny little blue button to the right of the blue emblem and if you click that teeny tiny blue button it will take you to the first new post that you have NOT read yet, and then you can read it first and then continue on with the remaining posts below it.. After that I have to double click the back arrow twice real fast to get back to the forum I was in. I don't know if that's just on mine or what, but if I click back one time, I remain there.

IMkVxv8.png

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
This thread covers nine pages so far. By going to the bottom of the first page I have the option of reviewing any of the first four pages, plus page nine. If I go to page four, at the bottom I can select any page I want. No such choices at the top of the page. Can't this be improved to at least the same options offered at the bottom?

If you are on your home computer, I found the same issue as you described. I learned that you can simply type in the page you want to view in the box that shows what page you are on. So it's an easy thing to use, but yes, it's different than what you see at the bottom of the page. No such issues using my phone.

beatle

Verified Member
what gets me on all forums everywhere, the things you need to click on are all tiny. and there is all sorts of wasted space all around them.
its impossible to get to the spot to click in one motion. why cant they be bigger.