Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No score

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No score

    I marked your pocket with a poker chip. Time to ante up and tell me WWYD.










  • #2
    If there is room, I am banking the three into the four and sending whitey three rails down to my opponents pocket. If there is not enough room for that, I am banking it into the other two balls straight across with draw to keep the cue ball on the rail downtable.
    JOHN HENDERSON
    Al Romero Cue
    Magic Chalk

    Comment


    • #3
      No score

      There is a great shot here that is free if executed correctly and could be a game winner. Does anyone remember the bank/jump shot that I took when I played Chicagofats at the Philly tourney? You can backcut/bank the striped ball straight back into the balls along the edge of the stack while bringing the cue three rails around the table towards the opponents pocket. I know you think I’m insane but I’ll set it up and video it later.
      Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
        If there is room, I am banking the three into the four and sending whitey three rails down to my opponents pocket. If there is not enough room for that, I am banking it into the other two balls straight across with draw to keep the cue ball on the rail downtable.
        Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
        There is a great shot here that is free if executed correctly and could be a game winner. Does anyone remember the bank/jump shot that I took when I played Chicagofats at the Philly tourney? You can backcut/bank the striped ball straight back into the balls along the edge of the stack while bringing the cue three rails around the table towards the opponents pocket. I know you think I’m insane but I’ll set it up and video it later.
        Jrhendy posted that if there is room to see the 3-ball then he is banking it into the rack and sending the cue ball three rails and towards the opponent's pocket. I would probably shoot the same shot if there is room to see the 3-ball but keep the cue ball along the long rail (the rail where the 3-ball is currently near) and send it (cue ball) down table. If there was not room to see the 3-ball I would intentionally take a foul and bank the cue ball toward my opponent's pocket between the 9-ball and 2-ball.

        Mkbtank posted that he would bank the 14-ball straight back into the balls along the edge of the stack while jumping over balls with the cue ball which would travel three rails to the opponent's pocket. It seems that another caveat to this "artistic" shot, besides jumping over impeding balls with the cue ball and going three rails, is controlling the 14-ball to hit balls along the side of the rack without a collision with the cue ball.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm softly cutting the six to the bottom rail and laying the cue ball against the stack.
          Dan

          Comment


          • #6
            No score

            Originally posted by Mkbtank
            There is a great shot here that is free if executed correctly and could be a game winner. Does anyone remember the bank/jump shot that I took when I played Chicagofats at the Philly tourney? You can backcut/bank the striped ball straight back into the balls along the edge of the stack while bringing the cue three rails around the table towards the opponents pocket. I know you think I’m insane but I’ll set it up and video it later.
            I don’t recall your shot but I don’t think you can pull it off without hitting the 11.

            Comment


            • #7
              No score

              Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
              I don’t recall your shot but I don’t think you can pull it off without hitting the 11.


              I know it looks like it, right? Next time we see each other I’ll show you. And we can bet on it if you like. I like a good prop bet now and then even if I lose. 👍
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

              Comment


              • #8
                These posts are becoming more hilariouser and more hilariouser Stop it, I can't take it anymore. I can't get up off the floor.

                I got NO idea what I'd do here, but, ooohh boy, do I love to play gophers that love to "fly" the CB around the table.
                The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

                Comment


                • #9
                  No score

                  Originally posted by Mkbtank
                  I know it looks like it, right? Next time we see each other I’ll show you. And we can bet on it if you like. I like a good prop bet now and then even if I lose. 👍
                  I know the shot, just not sure I like it here. Go ahead and practice up, lol.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Anyone who does not do something off the three here, has not been playing one pocket long enough!
                    JOHN HENDERSON
                    Al Romero Cue
                    Magic Chalk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                      Anyone who does not do something off the three here, has not been playing one pocket long enough!
                      I don't know this game...but I'm shooting the 3.
                      Regards,

                      Nick B

                      Name: Nick Beretanos
                      Location: Vancouver BC

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        No score

                        Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                        Anyone who does not do something off the three here, has not been playing one pocket long enough!


                        Oh wow!! Yeah I missed that picture showing that you have access to the 3. I agree a million percent!!! I’ll have to keep my bank/jump/three railer in the quiver until next time 😂

                        I would probably just bank it straight into the stack a hair to the left and focus on dragging the cue uptable on his side.
                        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hendy is right on it, as usual. I would look at the 3 ball to see what is available and then I would do it.

                          Note to J.R.: see the Ghost about which way is down table.
                          If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            To my eye it doesn't look like the CB can pass through the 11-4 gap. If it can, then the best shot is to do something off the 3 ball depending upon how much of the 3 can be contacted.

                            If not, I'd likely shoot the 14 straight back with low left, drawing the CB up against the 5 ball-- a very makeable shot..

                            ~Doc

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                              There is a great shot here that is free if executed correctly and could be a game winner. Does anyone remember the bank/jump shot that I took when I played Chicagofats at the Philly tourney? You can backcut/bank the striped ball straight back into the balls along the edge of the stack while bringing the cue three rails around the table towards the opponents pocket. I know you think I’m insane but I’ll set it up and video it later.
                              Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                              Oh wow!! Yeah I missed that picture showing that you have access to the 3. I agree a million percent!!! I’ll have to keep my bank/jump/three railer in the quiver until next time 😂

                              I would probably just bank it straight into the stack a hair to the left and focus on dragging the cue uptable on his side.

                              Mitch
                              I Would still like to se a video of the shot ....cant put a smiley face here from my phone

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X