No score

youngstown

Verified Member
I marked your pocket with a poker chip. Time to ante up and tell me WWYD.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
If there is room, I am banking the three into the four and sending whitey three rails down to my opponents pocket. If there is not enough room for that, I am banking it into the other two balls straight across with draw to keep the cue ball on the rail downtable.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
No score

There is a great shot here that is free if executed correctly and could be a game winner. Does anyone remember the bank/jump shot that I took when I played Chicagofats at the Philly tourney? You can backcut/bank the striped ball straight back into the balls along the edge of the stack while bringing the cue three rails around the table towards the opponents pocket. I know you think I’m insane but I’ll set it up and video it later. :)

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
If there is room, I am banking the three into the four and sending whitey three rails down to my opponents pocket. If there is not enough room for that, I am banking it into the other two balls straight across with draw to keep the cue ball on the rail downtable.

There is a great shot here that is free if executed correctly and could be a game winner. Does anyone remember the bank/jump shot that I took when I played Chicagofats at the Philly tourney? You can backcut/bank the striped ball straight back into the balls along the edge of the stack while bringing the cue three rails around the table towards the opponents pocket. I know you think I’m insane but I’ll set it up and video it later. :)

Jrhendy posted that if there is room to see the 3-ball then he is banking it into the rack and sending the cue ball three rails and towards the opponent's pocket. I would probably shoot the same shot if there is room to see the 3-ball but keep the cue ball along the long rail (the rail where the 3-ball is currently near) and send it (cue ball) down table. If there was not room to see the 3-ball I would intentionally take a foul and bank the cue ball toward my opponent's pocket between the 9-ball and 2-ball.

Mkbtank posted that he would bank the 14-ball straight back into the balls along the edge of the stack while jumping over balls with the cue ball which would travel three rails to the opponent's pocket. It seems that another caveat to this "artistic" shot, besides jumping over impeding balls with the cue ball and going three rails, is controlling the 14-ball to hit balls along the side of the rack without a collision with the cue ball.

youngstown

Verified Member
No score

Mkbtank said:

I don’t recall your shot but I don’t think you can pull it off without hitting the 11.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
No score

I don’t recall your shot but I don’t think you can pull it off without hitting the 11.

I know it looks like it, right? Next time we see each other I’ll show you. And we can bet on it if you like. I like a good prop bet now and then even if I lose. 👍

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
These posts are becoming more hilariouser and more hilariouser:lol:lol Stop it, :lol I can't take it anymore.:lol I can't get up off the floor.:lol:lol

I got NO idea what I'd do here,:lol:lol but, ooohh boy, do I love to play gophers that love to "fly" the CB around the table.:lol:lol

youngstown

Verified Member
No score

Mkbtank said:
I know it looks like it, right? Next time we see each other I’ll show you. And we can bet on it if you like. I like a good prop bet now and then even if I lose. 👍

I know the shot, just not sure I like it here. Go ahead and practice up, lol.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
No score

Anyone who does not do something off the three here, has not been playing one pocket long enough!:D

Oh wow!! Yeah I missed that picture showing that you have access to the 3. I agree a million percent!!! I’ll have to keep my bank/jump/three railer in the quiver until next time 😂

I would probably just bank it straight into the stack a hair to the left and focus on dragging the cue uptable on his side.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Hendy is right on it, as usual. I would look at the 3 ball to see what is available and then I would do it.

Note to J.R.: see the Ghost about which way is down table. :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
To my eye it doesn't look like the CB can pass through the 11-4 gap. If it can, then the best shot is to do something off the 3 ball depending upon how much of the 3 can be contacted.

If not, I'd likely shoot the 14 straight back with low left, drawing the CB up against the 5 ball-- a very makeable shot..

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
There is a great shot here that is free if executed correctly and could be a game winner. Does anyone remember the bank/jump shot that I took when I played Chicagofats at the Philly tourney? You can backcut/bank the striped ball straight back into the balls along the edge of the stack while bringing the cue three rails around the table towards the opponents pocket. I know you think I’m insane but I’ll set it up and video it later.

Oh wow!! Yeah I missed that picture showing that you have access to the 3. I agree a million percent!!! I’ll have to keep my bank/jump/three railer in the quiver until next time 😂

I would probably just bank it straight into the stack a hair to the left and focus on dragging the cue uptable on his side.
:)
Mitch
I Would still like to se a video of the shot ....cant put a smiley face here from my phone

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I like banking the 3 into the stack and moving more balls to my side but I don’t want to bring the cb back down table in case i leave a bank.

That said, I am banking the 3 into 4 and dragging the cb up table towards my opponents corner. This may require a slight jump shot but nothing too difficult.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Hendy is right on it, as usual. I would look at the 3 ball to see what is available and then I would do it.

Note to J.R.: see the Ghost about which way is down table. :D

Ghost and I come from the same "Chicago Academy of Mixed Directions" as Rose Bowl Roy Riegels, Minnesota Vikings Jim Marshall, and Aviator Douglas Corrigan.

As a matter of fact the very first day of attending school I didn't know the quickest route and called Ghost on the phone for directions. Ghost told me to take the expressway. Soon after Ghost called me back and excitedly asked if I just heard the police news bulletin over the radio that some nut was driving his car the wrong way on the expressway. I told Ghost, "It's just not one nut driving their car the wrong way but hundreds of them!" :lol

Vapros: My bad and duly corrected. "Uptable" is where the "kitchen" is nearest and "downtable" is where the "balls are racked." :)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
These posts are becoming more hilariouser and more hilariouser:lol:lol Stop it, :lol I can't take it anymore.:lol I can't get up off the floor.:lol:lol

I got NO idea what I'd do here,:lol:lol but, ooohh boy, do I love to play gophers that love to "fly" the CB around the table.:lol:lol

Did you say FLY, you got action