Ronnie Allen can still bank the balls

vagabond

Verified Member
From
Interstate 40/or Interstate 10
Howdy,
Ronnie Allen matched up with Little John today(5/07/04) Breakers Billiards in Mobile, Alabama.Race three , even game.First and third sets were won by little John.Second set by Ronnie Allen.Ronnie at the age of 66 is still banking fantastic.
In another match cliff Joyner matched up with Richie Richeson.Cliff spotted him 9-7 and beat him.There were lot of moves by both the players.Right from the begining both the players strategically started pushing the balls to uptown(head Rail).
Cheers
Vagabond

Last edited:

70niner

Verified Member
Could you give an update about who is staking Tony Chohan, or what he is playing and for what amounts? I heard had not beat anybody just yet. Thanks for any info you have. ;)

vagabond

Verified Member
From
Howdy,
one time in the past, Grady mathews mentioned (as a general advice/lamentation to the internet users) that mentioning about money on the internet was not good and it hurts the players.I thought that it might be true and hence I have not posted about the money.
I asked Tony Chohan about his backers and his response was vague/evasive and I did not bother him anymore.
I am not a details oriented person and I just make a note of outcome of the match.Around 10Pm tonight I may post some additional info. Cheers
Vagabond

vagabond

Verified Member
From
Today I have not seen Tony Chohan in any action.I have seen Poky in action with Mike from Florida.I do not know the outcome.Mike unscrewed his cue and that is all I knew.I was not impressed with Poky`s game.
cheers
vagabond

JAM

Verified Member
This just in...

This just in...

I woke up this morning wanting to know WHO won the Mobile tournament. There were no results on any pool-related website or media outlet.

So I phoned Mobile and a lady answered the phone. I inquired and she said "some guy named Louis" won t he event. I then pushed her to find out more, but she didn't know too much and said she was really tired.

At any rate, the tournament was $10,000 guaranteed, and Scott Louis won the bar-box event and collected a hefty $4,000 for his performance, with Will Hagerson (sp) winning $2,000 as the runner-up.

After the tournament concluded, the action commenced and is still going on strong at the time of this writing.

I'm so curious about how Ronnie Allen, Tony Chohan, Shannon Daulton, Reed Pierce, and my hometown buddies Pookie and Ryan McCreesh fared in the tournament.

Pookie's got a unique style of play. He's got endurance and can stay the course. Hope he brings home the bacon and I look forward to seeing him this weekend at the next Planet Pool 9-Ball tournament at Orange Ball in Rockville, Maryland, August 14-15: http://www.pooltour.com

Pookie and Santos:

vagabond

Verified Member
From
JAM said:
I woke up this morning wanting to know WHO won the Mobile tournament. There were no results on any pool-related website or media outlet.

So I phoned Mobile and a lady answered the phone. I inquired and she said "some guy named Louis" won t he event. I then pushed her to find out more, but she didn't know too much and said she was really tired.

At any rate, the tournament was $10,000 guaranteed, and Scott Louis won the bar-box event and collected a hefty $4,000 for his performance, with Will Hagerson (sp) winning $2,000 as the runner-up.

After the tournament concluded, the action commenced and is still going on strong at the time of this writing.

I'm so curious about how Ronnie Allen, Tony Chohan, Shannon Daulton, Reed Pierce, and my hometown buddies Pookie and Ryan McCreesh fared in the tournament.

Pookie's got a unique style of play. He's got endurance and can stay the course. Hope he brings home the bacon and I look forward to seeing him this weekend at the next Planet Pool 9-Ball tournament at Orange Ball in Rockville, Maryland, August 14-15: http://www.pooltour.com

Pookie and Santos:

Howdy JAM,
Reed did not reach last 16.His first loss was to Ryan Mccreesh.Reed was leading 8-6.Ryan Lucked out on breaks and came back and beat reed 9-6.Ryan created a big scene over the rules during this match.After he beat Reed he made very loud grunts several times.He may be imitating Tarzon but he looked Goofy.Then Reed played a tall ,skinny kid ,fromFT.Walton Beach,(with a tall skinny,pretty blonde girl friend )put Reed out of tournament.Reed was placed in 17 to 24 group.Shannon was beaten by Erman Bullard.By the way David G was also there and was in the last 16 when I left the place.
Tony,POOKY were not in last 16.

There are some unknown( now known) very young kids who caused lots of surprises to Pooky ,Little John and others on the Action Tables.It is like pulling the teeth to get any info on these kids names and where they are from.Every gambler should watch out for a guy called `Silver` out of Texas.
BY the way I am not impressed with Pooky and he is not ready for big boys like Keeth.Cheers
Vagabond

Last edited:

JAM

Verified Member
The Genie Man

The Genie Man

vagabond said:
Howdy JAM,
Reed did not reach last 16.His first loss was to Ryan Mccreesh.Reed was leading 8-6.Ryan Lucked out on breaks and came back and beat reed 9-6.Ryan created a big scene over the rules during this match.After he beat Reed he made very loud grunts several times.He may be imitating Tarzon but he looked Goofy.

Hi, Vagabond! Ryan "The Genie Man" McCreesh is one of my favorite homeboys. Originally from upper New York State, he moved to Maryland and has a lovely family.

He places a great deal of importance in racking, breaking, and staying focused, and on the road, he is ALWAYS on our team. We've won quite a few jellybeans with Ryan. If you check out his stats, he's won many tournaments on the Joss Tour and is currently the points leader on the Planet Pool 9-Ball Tour http://www.pooltour.com

He attends as many tournaments as he can, but his family ALWAYS comes first. On a field of green, he is a much different person. It is always a pleasure running into him on the tournament trail. I'm looking forward to hearing about all of his Mobile adventures with Pookie when he gets back home (maybe tonight at the weekly local tournament in Laurel, Maryland).

Meet Ryan McCreesh, a kid with a lot of talent, a heart to match. His bark may sometimes be louder than his bite (LOL). He's just The Genie Man!

Last edited:

vagabond

Verified Member
From
JAM said:
Hi, Vagabond! Ryan "The Genie Man" McCreesh is one of my favorite homeboys. Originally from upper New York State, he moved to Maryland and has a lovely family.

He places a great deal of importance in racking, breaking, and staying focused, and on the road, he is ALWAYS on our team. We've won quite a few jellybeans with Ryan. If you check out his stats, he's won many tournaments on the Joss Tour and is currently the points leader on the Planet Pool 9-Ball Tour http://www.pooltour.com

He attends as many tournaments as he can, but his family ALWAYS comes first. On a field of green, he is a much different person. It is always a pleasure running into him on the tournament trail. I'm looking forward to hearing about all of his Mobile adventures with Pookie when he gets back home (maybe tonight at the weekly local tournament in Laurel, Maryland).

Meet Ryan McCreesh, a kid with a lot of talent, a heart to match. His bark may sometimes be louder than his bite (LOL). He's just The Genie Man!

Howdy JAM,
I just described what happened.I did not mean to dish Ryan Mccreesh. Cheers
Vagabond

Last edited:

cycopath

Verified Member
From
Alabama Gulf Coast
vagabond said:
Then Reed played a tall ,skinny kid ,fromFT.Walton Beach,(with a tall skinny,pretty blonde girl friend )put Reed out of tournament.

Every gambler should watch out for a guy called `Silver` out of Texas.

David Broxson.

Good player.

He placed 4th at the Breakers event and placed 5-6th at Jim Bob's event.
His losses at Jim Bob's were to Daulton and Chohan.

He sent Silver Ochoa to the loser side.