Ruling Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruling Please

After playing this game for only about six months, something came up yesterday that I had no answer for. My opponent shot his winning ball and it jawed but stayed very deep in the pocket. I had two easy shots and was then going to shoot his in and follow with the cue. Afer I shot my first ball and was walking around the table to my next shot,his ball fell in without any outside interference.What happens then? Thanks for any answers in advance.

Originally posted by dontscratch
    After playing this game for only about six months, something came up yesterday that I had no answer for. My opponent shot his winning ball and it jawed but stayed very deep in the pocket. I had two easy shots and was then going to shoot his in and follow with the cue. Afer I shot my first ball and was walking around the table to my next shot,his ball fell in without any outside interference.What happens then? Thanks for any answers in advance.
    Steve, I think your phone is ringing, lol. Me? I'm like a politician here, which ever way helps me is the right way to call it.
    Last edited by hemicudas; 08-10-2004, 12:51 PM.
    JMO,ICBW.............$Bill

Comment

Originally posted by dontscratch
      That same situation (although, not on the game ball) just happened to me a couple days ago. The accepted ruling around where I play is that if it doesn't fall within 3 seconds, then it gets put back up. This is the only fair way to call it in my opinion.

Comment

The ball gets replaced. This is covered the same way under almost all of the standard rules.
        Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

Comment

Originally posted by SactownTom
          The ball gets replaced. This is covered the same way under almost all of the standard rules.
          On the spot, Tom?
          JMO,ICBW.............$Bill

Comment

Originally posted by hemicudas
            On the spot, Tom?
            Not on "the Spot" but in the approximate position it was in prior to it falling.
            Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

Comment

Working...
            X