Ruling Please

dontscratch

Verified Member
From
Freeman va
After playing this game for only about six months, something came up yesterday that I had no answer for. My opponent shot his winning ball and it jawed but stayed very deep in the pocket. I had two easy shots and was then going to shoot his in and follow with the cue. Afer I shot my first ball and was walking around the table to my next shot,his ball fell in without any outside interference.What happens then? Thanks for any answers in advance.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
dontscratch said:
After playing this game for only about six months, something came up yesterday that I had no answer for. My opponent shot his winning ball and it jawed but stayed very deep in the pocket. I had two easy shots and was then going to shoot his in and follow with the cue. Afer I shot my first ball and was walking around the table to my next shot,his ball fell in without any outside interference.What happens then? Thanks for any answers in advance.
Steve, I think your phone is ringing, lol. Me? I'm like a politician here, which ever way helps me is the right way to call it.

Last edited:

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
dontscratch said:

That same situation (although, not on the game ball) just happened to me a couple days ago. The accepted ruling around where I play is that if it doesn't fall within 3 seconds, then it gets put back up. This is the only fair way to call it in my opinion.