DCC Hook Up

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
yobagua said:
One the gambling side Grady was playing a young gun 20 to 10!!!! a race to 5 for 3K. Grady was up 3 games when I left and I think he won. He was playing warrior Justin C.
I was watching on the Ustream live feed. Grady got to 3-0, and they were in the 4th game of a race to 5, when Action Report decided to switch to two numb nuts playing 9-ball on a bar box!:eek: Arrrggh... I'll never know how they decided to play 20-10. I don't believe there is any way Justin could ever get there at that spot. Grady moves too well for that.

Thanks for keeping up the reports, Yo!

Doc

yobagua

No joy in Mudville tonite

No joy in Mudville tonite

Well its come to an end. The Mighty Efren has fallen. It was a sad sight to see. Gabe Owens who has been playing perfect pool, he ran 60 on the ghost ball, totally dominated Efren beating him 3 to 1. The First game Efren ran a beautiful 8 and out but in the second game Efren made an UnEfren like error scratching a simple shot to his hole. It looked like Efren would breeze to a win as he got the first shot to his hole but made the irreversible error as Gabe took ball in hand and punished Efren by running out. The third game Efren looked like a sure winner as he needed one as Owens scratched in the side needing 5. With no shot to his hole Efren did something unexplainable. Instead of playing a simple safe he broke up the balls on the spot leaving Gabe with a straight shot to his hole. With all 5 balls in the open. Gabe effortlessly ran out. Efren looked like he was in mental disarray. Gone was the Efren of old. His athritis looked like it was taking its toll as he kept pulling on his shoulder. The next game Gabe just played great and Efren made many mental errors. Maybe he felt relieved he didnt have to face the pressures of peoples expectations. He has to have a long talk with himself and come back in nine ball. But I think the Master of the Table award goes to someone else this year.

Maybe it will be Francisco Bustamante who I hope gets it as he expertly dispatched Alex P to termination. Francisco won 3 to 1 as he played expert safeties and ran out when he had the chance. Alex looked tired as he has been playing nite and day. Busty who heads up to his room as soon as his matches are over looked rested and sharp. He ended up high in the banks so he must be a strong candidate for the top Master of the Table award.

Larry Nevel is also another candidate as he ended up the highest amongst the 3 in banks. He beat Tony Mougey handily. He really could use it as I hear he just had a new addition to his family.

The semi's and final are tonite with Gabe Owens undefeated and therefore has one buy back left while Nevel and Busty dont.

t-dog

Verified Member
I beat ronnie in round 2 and that will be my claim to fame. I played good and ronnie missed a few balls. It was my first derby. Mark it down folks, I might not play stronger...........but steve did beat me out of $10.

yobagua said:
Am at the matches now. Shane VB in his first bank match today took off his opponent in 3 to 0. THis kid can bank too? I cant wait to see him play one hole. Already he and Ronnie Wiseman were woofing. Ronnie will play him even if he gets 2 to 1 on the money. $400 to $200. No deal says SVB.
Mark Jarvis, Chicago banker, just took off some guy in about 20 minutes. My eye is on Louis De Marco. He played Shannon Murphy last nite getting the 7 in nine ball and he was hitting em good.
Archer was tightened up when his opponent a tall guy got 2 to 2 on him. Archers strong suit is not banks. Ronnie Wiseman won his match. Is there any tougher opponent than Ronnie. He grinds you down.
Jamie Farrel (?) New Orleams boy lost his first match and Mark Tadd and Rafael Martinez are here playing their matches upstairs.
Shannon is here with his lovely wife.
Oh the food still sucks at the hotel

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
yobagua said:

The semi's and final are tonite with Gabe Owens undefeated and therefore has one buy back left while Nevel and Busty dont.
That sure was sad to see Efren play so bad. No disrespect for Gabe, who has been playing real well, but Efren really was uncharacteristically generous today.

Then with three left in the tourney, Gabe drew the by -- plus he is the only one with a buy back! So he sits comfortably waiting to see who has to beat him twice in the finals :)

yobagua

Thats it! No more! I cant take it! Tonite Bustamante dogged his brains out. He was tight as Ive never seen him before. After that terrible display by Efren I thought Busty was going to redeem the Filipino contingent. He missed 2 ball in hand shots into his pocket. Right into the rail. Nevel beat him 3 to 0. Terrible. Thats what they get for not coming out at night and getting into some light action. None of them. He was so tight I thought I was watching some rookie. THats it. The finals are between Nevel and Gabe Owens. I have no interest in that in the sense that I just cant take the quality of play thats been going on. I came here from LA and stayed 10 days and just was disappointed. I know thats my problem but I am a one pocket fan. What I saw was not any different than I see in any pool hall in LA. I didnt need to come all this way and spend all this money. Sorry. I'll stay in my room playing internet poker from now on.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Congratulations, Gabe

Congratulations, Gabe

Gabe won a grueling final. Nevel never quit, but he made just enough mistakes that Gabe could capitalize on to win it in one 3 hour set. It could have been two sets if Nevel had won the first one, because Gabe still had a buy back left, so I guess we were spared that. It wore me out :)

yobagua

Tonite during the one pocket finals Efren finally slipped out of his room to play some guy one pocket for like 50 a game giving up a spot as he usually does. This is too little too late. This is what he should have been doing like he did the past year. Just to loosen up his stroke and keep his mind on his game. Why now Efren? When Efren gambles with Gabe he gives Gabe 9 to 7. In 2005 Efren continuously kept his game sharp by playing Gabe, Tang Hoa, Corey, and a bunch of others at nite in short races. This time he did nothing of that. Not one Filipino came out at nite to gamble. Not even Parica or Sambajon. Who are known action guys. While the other players if they were not in a ring game were challenging the straight pool or one pocket ghost. Of course Alex might have been the only exception.

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
yobagua said:
....I decided to watch Charlie Williams play an old road war horse named Monster John. I never heard of this guy but every body told me to catch this guy..

Monster John's real name is John Rouse. I heard he was from Florida. I watched him beat Ronnie Weisman who was getting coached by Tony Chohan. Monster kept calling them dummies. They seemed a little scared to sass him back.

Shag_Fu

Verified Member
Was monster john the black guy with corn rows that looks really mean and usually wore brown? I talked to him him once or twice and hes preatty cool. I can see why they didnt sass him back if its the same person.