hall of fame dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hall of fame dinner

wow what a great time i just want to thanks steve for all his hard work and time he gives to this and to the web site hall of fame dinner was a once in a life time experance congrats to all the inductees thankd you steve again for all the work eddie

Originally posted by fasteddiecues
    wow what a great time i just want to thanks steve for all his hard work and time he gives to this and to the web site hall of fame dinner was a once in a life time experance congrats to all the inductees thankd you steve again for all the work eddie
    Thanks for the kind words! Was this your first HOF dinner? I thought it went great, and was a fantastic crowd this year. By crowd, I don't mean so much the number of guests, which was similar to last year, but especially the number of 'special guests' was terrific this year, including our past inductees like Efren & Ronnie (who was not there last year), plus newcomers like Karen Corr.

Also this year the honorees were, well, alive, as opposed to posthumous, except for the Jansco Brothers -- who were well represented by Joann's family. And they all got up to the mic. It was real good to see and hear how much it meant to all of them.

I'm still recovering, and catching up with the work I set aside to go to Louisville. I hope to this weekend start getting the HOF pages updated on the website.

There is some video clip from the Inside Pool video crew on their website, that was shot during the first hour at the HOF dinner -- the social hour. It can be seen here:

Inside Pool podcast
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Thanks Steve for all you do! I think it's so cool that you have given recognition to many players who otherwise would be forgotten. The HOF dinner is always one of the highlights of Derby City as well. It kind of makes me sad to see these once great players getting old and weak. They were lions of the table in their day, all of them! I prefer to remember them in their glory days, when the mere mention of their names sent chills through the spines of lesser players.

Comment

Working...
      X