More Chicago stuff

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jay helfert said:
I do know one thing about you Artie, YOU COULD ADD! And subtract! I saw you a few times working those books in Vegas. You may not remember me, but I remember you, hanging out by the pay phones. Busted! Ha! Ha!

I have to give you credit. I was there trying to beat the poker and you were making millions. You were a lot smarter than me.
I will give you a story about a real good basket ball player. he came buy and I use to get them free buffa tickets and Loyed Daniels said to me you are the hardest working white man I ever saw. And his Friend told him if he keeps missing his jump shoots he will be standing their withm me and Loyed Daniels said I will never miss another jump shot. And he turned out to be a bretty good player.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
schoolyards and buffets

schoolyards and buffets

You are quite right Mr. B about Daniels.A NYC legend on the basketball courts in his teens.Made it all the way to the pro's for a few years.Him and his crack habit and his beautiful shot.Lots of guys with a master's touch handling the ball,be it a cue,basketball or a guitar or a race car who werent built to last like us mere mortals here in the asylum.I guess it just wouldn't work if we could all run a hundred in 10 seconds or 500 in the 14.1 discipline.Nice to find a friend to get us thru if she's beautiful or if he's loyal.Especially if they don't mind racking,cheers,Bob

jay helfert

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Did you ever get to youes the stamp to make your own check. That stamp was worth good money. Maybe a player can borrow it?

He kept that stamp and pad in his jacket pocket. I don't think I ever touched it once. Many people don't know that Fats was basically illiterate. He barely could read or write. In restaurants sometimes he had me read the menu to him. He could read the prices all right. :)

The only name he could write was Rudolf Wanderone. I think some pretty girl got him to sign Minnesota Fats once by hand. It took him about two minutes to write that name. I know he was a stone cold hustler, but I loved him anyway. I used to carry his cue when I was a kid. He let me ride in the limo with him, and I was so proud just to be with him and carrying his cue. I felt very important. He never once called me Jay, and I knew him over 30 years. He always called me the Little Man.

When he had something he needed to read, he would say "Go get the Little Man." He was ALWAYS very nice and respectful to me. Not one time did he ever get mad or raise his voice. Fats treated me a lot better than Mosconi. Mosconi treated everyone like they were beneath him. Only when Willie got older did he mellow out.

I could listen to Fat's stories over and over again, and I still enjoyed it. Like Artie, Fats was the most unique character I ever met. He could draw a crowd anywhere, even in a gas station in the middle of nowhere. And "Thass right!"

jay helfert

Verified Member
You know, Fats was a pretty smart man. He understood people and situations as good as anyone I ever met. He could take the trickiest situation and make it seem so simple. He had an answer to everything and usually it was right on. I learned a lot about life just being around him. He always knew the right thing to do and the right thing to say. He could size people up in a flash. Fats was brilliant that way.

Sometimes Fats would look at me and say something like "See that guy over there." And I'd say yes. He'd say "He's a cold blooded killer." I'd ask him how he knew, and he'd just say "I KNOW! That's all." And he'd be right too.

Or maybe we were in a restaurant, and he'd say "See that little girl over there in the booth." Yeah I'd say. "She wants to come over here and see me but her Mom won't let her." How he knew that I don't know. But later on he would get up and go over to her booth and make her smile. He was like that. He had a big heart, especially for kids and animals. He would make the driver stop the car if he saw a stray on the highway. That dog would come right to Fats and lick his hand. He'd either find it a home or take him home with him. And as long as that dog was with us, he was eating prime cuts of meat, the same thing we ate. He might order an extra burger, one for the dog. And then he'd go outside and feed him, one bite at a time.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Verified Member
And one last thing Artie, if you ever pushed him to play, you might not have liked it. He played very good Three Cushions and One Pocket, had zero dog in him and could play for the cash, the bigger the bet the better he played. He may not have been the best pool player in the world (he told me Rags was) but he was one of the best gamblers of all time.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jay helfert said:
He kept that stamp and pad in his jacket pocket. I don't think I ever touched it once. Many people don't know that Fats was basically illiterate. He barely could read or write. In restaurants sometimes he had me read the menu to him. He could read the prices all right. :)

The only name he could write was Rudolf Wanderone. I think some pretty girl got him to sign Minnesota Fats once by hand. It took him about two minutes to write that name. I know he was a stone cold hustler, but I loved him anyway. I used to carry his cue when I was a kid. He let me ride in the limo with him, and I was so proud just to be with him and carrying his cue. I felt very important. He never once called me Jay, and I knew him over 30 years. He always called me the Little Man.

When he had something he needed to read, he would say "Go get the Little Man." He was ALWAYS very nice and respectful to me. Not one time did he ever get mad or raise his voice. Fats treated me a lot better than Mosconi. Mosconi treated everyone like they were beneath him. Only when Willie got older did he mellow out.

I could listen to Fat's stories over and over again, and I still enjoyed it. Like Artie, Fats was the most unique character I ever met. He could draw a crowd anywhere, even in a gas station in the middle of nowhere. And "Thass right!"
Fats should have run for president. I would have voted forthe first time in my life. Fats would have had the whole country laughing and he was a big favotite if he had to debatie with Obama and Micain. I loved Fats and he did the greatest thing in live make people laugh and smile. And Fats was a great giver. And their is nothing more powerfull the giving. Fats was a pretty good short card player. And Fats could have been the worlds greates intertainer. Is fats in the caracter hall of fame? If he isnt we need to get him over to one pocket and banks hall of fame because those were his best two games. And he mite feel funny being in the hall of fame with all those dressed up tournament players. Fats belongs with hustlers thats what he was and represented not a 14. 1 contiues player. Tell it like it is Moe.Fats was full of life and energy. And that is what motavated him. Fats dont be beating the Angles out of their wings if you do you can fly back to earth and do it all over again. And you lived a exciting life. And nobody took talking to a higher level then you.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
stevelomako said:
I think all you guys need to stop lying about everything so much.
Its ok whatever you say it doesnt bother me. But If I lied about anything I would be happy to prove it to you. And I would love to her what I lied about. And I will answer any of your quistions. I dont have to lie because what I talk about is what I did. And I cannot speack for other people because I dont no what the did excepte the people I no. But I speck for myself and I have done that my whole life. And I would love to her what you have to say that I lied about. And I promise you I will give you a truthfull answer and I will prove it to you just tell me what kind of profff you would want. The thinges I talk about and experenced are the things I have done in life. And I have aswered every quistion that was asked. Unless I missed it and then you can ask it again and I will give you the aswer. I do not what you to be suspecios of me or have any dought or feel inferior about what I have said. And when I defened Al it was only because to me we was the best. And you can have whoever you want it does not change me or my mind. And these are people that I have done things with and no what the can do. I dont need to perswude you or charm you its what I no.And that does not nesessairly make me a crimminal nor a anti social person. And I do not Lie and I have no reason to lie. And if anyone has dought or doesnt belive me thats ok to. THat is your choice.

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Its ok whatever you say it doesnt bother me. But If I lied about anything I would be happy to prove it to you. And I would love to her what I lied about. And I will answer any of your quistions. I dont have to lie because what I talk about is what I did. And I cannot speack for other people because I dont no what the did excepte the people I no. But I speck for myself and I have done that my whole life. And I would love to her what you have to say that I lied about. And I promise you I will give you a truthfull answer and I will prove it to you just tell me what kind of profff you would want. The thinges I talk about and experenced are the things I have done in life. And I have aswered every quistion that was asked. Unless I missed it and then you can ask it again and I will give you the aswer. I do not what you to be suspecios of me or have any dought or feel inferior about what I have said. And when I defened Al it was only because to me we was the best. And you can have whoever you want it does not change me or my mind. And these are people that I have done things with and no what the can do. I dont need to perswude you or charm you its what I no.And that does not nesessairly make me a crimminal nor a anti social person. And I do not Lie and I have no reason to lie. And if anyone has dought or doesnt belive me thats ok to. THat is your choice.

Believe me, Artie. Stevelomako, was making a joke. Calm down. Most people here have a sense of humor and use it.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
hemicudas said:
Believe me, Artie. Stevelomako, was making a joke. Calm down. Most people here have a sense of humor and use it.
If thats a joke I must have missed the punch line. I thought me refered to everyone. But I guess when you take gambling and hustling serious I dont see the sense of humor. And tome playing was serious thats why I went into a cocentration game. Not only on my shot but my oponents shot. And most player dont concentrate and learn when their oponent is shooting. The just sit back and waite for their oponint to shoot or miss. The dont try to pick up his syle and his weekness. Some players dont even look at the table when their oponent is shooting. I guess if thats his sense of humor it is what it is. I answer acording to what I see. And thats why everyone sees a different picture. And I guess I must have lost my sense of humor.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Artie Bodendorfer said:
If thats a joke I must have missed the punch line. I thought me refered to everyone. But I guess when you take gambling and hustling serious I dont see the sense of humor. And tome playing was serious thats why I went into a cocentration game. Not only on my shot but my oponents shot. And most player dont concentrate and learn when their oponent is shooting. The just sit back and waite for their oponint to shoot or miss. The dont try to pick up his syle and his weekness. Some players dont even look at the table when their oponent is shooting. I guess if thats his sense of humor it is what it is. I answer acording to what I see. And thats why everyone sees a different picture. And I guess I must have lost my sense of humor.

It's kind of a joke but not entirely.

The concentration might have been a drug induced stupor, LOL (that means Laughing Out Loud) but hey most all of you guys did shit back then.....it gave me more of a reason NOT to do any of it.

You were always one of the guys I really watched whenever I saw you because of what Corn always told me about you. I always studied the good ones that came thru The Rack. Red could NEVER remember your name though, he'd poke me and say "Whats the name of that boy can't nobody beat?".

P.S. Artie,
Don't regret the things you didn't do...lifes too short to be bitter.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
fred bentivegna said:
I really hope you aint referring to me as that "liar" and "storyteller." I'm getting real sick of that holier-than-thou bullsh*t. I know you since you were a teenager and because we disagree on something that happened 20 yrs ago, you have the nerve to call me a liar and a storyteller, and I have to live with my "lies?" You even got a few people on this forum sympathizing with you over this nonsense. You talk about people doing something for the game. What have you done for the game in the last 20 years? The only tournament you showed up for was to get inducted into the 1pkt HOF. You left town immediately after the dinner. And who was your biggest supporter to get you selected? The same guy that you aint had one decent thing to say about, and call a liar. You talk about waking up the pool world only if they spend $30,000. Like thats really going to happen. I wrote 2 books and a DVD and am doing another DVD right now that'll show stuff that has never been explained before in anybodys book or DVD in history, and people will be able to learn from it for less than a carton of cigarettes. I really wanted to put all this away but I wont stand still at being called a liar.

the Beard

Freddy,
I read this whole thread yesterday, as I haven't been on here or AZB for about 3 weeks.
My 2 cents is this....I have always heard about Grady, Billy, you and San Jose Dick. But to be totally honest, even though I think I know a little about the great players, the first time I ever heard of Arthur was from YOU. You were the one who wrote very flattering things about his game, you stuck up for and defended him in posts about hypothetical match ups, you always spoke so highly about him and your words were generously salted with many accolades concerning Arthur and the good times you two had together. I will even go as far as to opine that had it not been for YOU, Arthur would never have even been remembered for consideration into the HOF, let alone have any chance of being inducted.
That all being said, I personally think that you should just try and remember that you have many, many TRUE pals who not only hold you in high regard, but are very, very appreciative for your many and varied contributions to our great sport. The books you've authored not only teach the finer points of banks, but I would say even more importantly, you've helped preserve the memory of many a player that succeeeding generations would probably know nothing about unless you had taken the time to write the things you did. Your witty and funny posts have made this place & AZB a fun place to be.
And even though the garbage that Arthur has tried to convey was meant to cut your heart, don't let it.

As for Arthur, I am reminded of the movie "Windtalkers", where the indians had a secret way of talking that was such an effective code that no one was able to decipher what they were saying. I think I could have understood him better if he just used sign language over the internet. But there's much more to be ashamed of in his dribble other than being a grown man communicating on a pre-school level. And what's the term for someone who has had much good done for them but who has never uttered one word of thanks in return, but will instead, stab their staunchest supporter in the back?

It's my opinion that had it not been for Freddy, Arthur's main claim to fame would still be trying hard to pattern his dress and lifestyle after the "Dead Heads."

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Terry Ardeno said:
Freddy,
I read this whole thread yesterday, as I haven't been on here or AZB for about 3 weeks.
My 2 cents is this....I have always heard about Grady, Billy, you and San Jose Dick. But to be totally honest, even though I think I know a little about the great players, the first time I ever heard of Arthur was from YOU. You were the one who wrote very flattering things about his game, you stuck up for and defended him in posts about hypothetical match ups, you always spoke so highly about him and your words were generously salted with many accolades concerning Arthur and the good times you two had together. I will even go as far as to opine that had it not been for YOU, Arthur would never have even been remembered for consideration into the HOF, let alone have any chance of being inducted.
That all being said, I personally think that you should just try and remember that you have many, many TRUE pals who not only hold you in high regard, but are very, very appreciative for your many and varied contributions to our great sport. The books you've authored not only teach the finer points of banks, but I would say even more importantly, you've helped preserve the memory of many a player that succeeeding generations would probably know nothing about unless you had taken the time to write the things you did. Your witty and funny posts have made this place & AZB a fun place to be.
And even though the garbage that Arthur has tried to convey was meant to cut your heart, don't let it.

As for Arthur, I am reminded of the movie "Windtalkers", where the indians had a secret way of talking that was such an effective code that no one was able to decipher what they were saying. I think I could have understood him better if he just used sign language over the internet. But there's much more to be ashamed of in his dribble other than being a grown man communicating on a pre-school level. And what's the term for someone who has had much good done for them but who has never uttered one word of thanks in return, but will instead, stab their staunchest supporter in the back?

It's my opinion that had it not been for Freddy, Arthur's main claim to fame would still be trying hard to pattern his dress and lifestyle after the "Dead Heads."

I think deep down Artie is just f#%@ing with Freddy a bit and Freddy is going for it.

I have to believe if Freddy called him and needed big help Artie would be there.

Those are some harsh PERSONAL things to say about Artie since you don't know him or know much about him or know how he had to survive or how he was raised. If you knew him like Freddy I'd say go at it. Their history is long and between them, I know this aint the first time they are at each other and it won't be the last no matter what either of them say.

I give him alot of credit for JUST TRYING to post on here. You think it aint tough for him?...but he keeps doing it.

Arties' claim to fame was and has been well known by people that know for a long time already.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Terry Ardeno said:
Freddy,

Let me tell you something only fool talk about people the dont no and you dont no me and the people who talk about me dont no me and the people who no me arent going to talk about me.Because the people who new me will all bet on me and want to be in with me. And I controld 80% of the action whatever pool room I ever hung out. And I controled all the action in Las Vegas sports books and I beat evey sports book in las Vegas and the book makers in Califoria were scared to death to take my action. Even when I quite doing what I was doing. And I beat a thousand people because nobody new me. And even in Las Vegas the didnt no me the only herd my name. And I have been in good action my whole life. And not just one game pool. And I was with the sharpest hustlers. Not just some good players. And you can talk all you want because thats what fools do talk about people the dont no. And in case you dont think I could play when I played. I could have beaten any one pocket player around 6 games ahead. And If you dont think people were scared to play me ask Paul Bruceloff he saiod I will give you mony if you need some I will back you and I will take you tpo eat. But I wont gamble with you at nothing. And he said dont ask me to play nothing. And John Henry and paul jones use to say that kid playes better then bugs. And the said it doesnt matter what spot he gives you he never loses. And when Marvine came to North Shore he asked me for 9 to 7 and Buddy Hall wanted 8 to 6 and Allen Hopkins wouldnt play in his prime and these are all great players not just good players and their was plenty of money up at noth shore.And if the played 6 games ahead the wouldnt have won even though the belived the could win. And if you had to make games behind Bugs and people saying that I played better then Bugs. I guess you would have liked it. But I was in action every day with sports pool cards and whatever their was action in. And again I controled 80% of the action. And if you dont belive what I am saying then put up some money and I will prove it to you. And Marvin cant verifie it because he is no longer around but Buddy Hall can and Allen can if the want to. I cant help it that ypou cant understand what I am talking about. The only way you can no is if you no as much as I do about One Pocket. But thats imposable. And I am not woffing at you to play. BUt put up your 30 thousand dollares and will end all the conversation. And nobody has taken the bet yet WHY WHY WHY. Do you want the bet? Or are you just some more talk. THe bet is for you and anyone who wants it. Does that sound like BUll shit. Take the bet and win the money and that will be it. And I am not a made up caracter that Freddy mad up. Im for real and the things I did are real and the people I played are real. NOt some msde up nonsense. I dont no who you are and dont care because I no you are a fool because only a fool would talk about someone the dont no. You should have asked Bugs who was the best player in the woprld. Anmd he would have told you. That I was the only guy he couldnt beat. And I can verifie that with one of Bugs backers and BUgs was his Hero. Because he was the one that asked Bugs . And he even asked Bugs if he had two hundred dollares who would he play with his own money Efrin or me And Bugs told him I wouldnt play Artie with my own money no matter what. He said He never one with a backer why would he play me with his own money. And I played Bugs about 25 times. And we always played each other because he new I would always play. And the only way we wouldnt play is if he couldnt get a backer. And I bet my own money 90% of the time. And For all you Fools I beat BUgs Even. And I told him after I beat him even. Thjat I want my 9 to 8 back because I didnt want to be giving bigger spots out then hiomgetting backed. And he said ok. And me and Bugs were closer then you and your brother. And I never said no to him when he asked me for the bite. And I never in my life asked him for money or my bite money back. And on his last birthday. I sent Bugs 3 birthday cards and he saI WHY DID YOU DO THAT and I said thats for all the birthdays I missed. And we played some of the greatest sessions in life. And nobody was closer to Bugs ten me at the end of his Journy. And he even got his daughters Cell phone so he could call me every day because he couldnt call out on the hopital phone. And he said he loves me like his own brother. And BUgs was a Champion. And we were the toughest combination in the world to beat. And thats my end of it and you can critisize and say what you want. I sugjest you take the chalange or get someone to take the chalange. And Let the whole world see and no the truth. And every one will learn and no how to play the gam,e correctly. Or keep talking and saying nigative lies and nothing will change. Or take the bet and find out the truth. Because you are clueless and you dont have a clue what real one pocket is about or how to play it. Go back to sdand box maybe you can talk yourself into learnind how the game is played. And all your Ignorance and stupeity will come out and you will wake up and learn howe to play real one pocket. Unless you arent interested in learning the truth. And I no everyone is sceptical. This is a one pocket site dont you think you should no how to play onepocket correctly? Or you can keep talking and making accusations and coments. Get the truth out dont just say things you have no clue about especialy if you DONT NO AND YOU DONT NO THE PERSON. I dont say anything about you because I dont no you. And I did say you are a fool maybe that will wake you up and think before you say something or write about someone YOU DONT NO. Do you want the bet or are you going to comment and say thats all bullshit and duck the truth or be a man and take the bet. WE are responsable for what we right. And hustling to me was not a game it was my survivale. And only the fittest survive.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Let me tell you something only fool talk about people the dont no and you dont no me and the people who talk about me dont no me and the people who no me arent going to talk about me.Because the people who new me will all bet on me and want to be in with me. And I controld 80% of the action whatever pool room I ever hung out. And I controled all the action in Las Vegas sports books and I beat evey sports book in las Vegas and the book makers in Califoria were scared to death to take my action. Even when I quite doing what I was doing. And I beat a thousand people because nobody new me. And even in Las Vegas the didnt no me the only herd my name. And I have been in good action my whole life. And not just one game pool. And I was with the sharpest hustlers. Not just some good players. And you can talk all you want because thats what fools do talk about people the dont no. And in case you dont think I could play when I played. I could have beaten any one pocket player around 6 games ahead. And If you dont think people were scared to play me ask Paul Bruceloff he saiod I will give you mony if you need some I will back you and I will take you tpo eat. But I wont gamble with you at nothing. And he said dont ask me to play nothing. And John Henry and paul jones use to say that kid playes better then bugs. And the said it doesnt matter what spot he gives you he never loses. And when Marvine came to North Shore he asked me for 9 to 7 and Buddy Hall wanted 8 to 6 and Allen Hopkins wouldnt play in his prime and these are all great players not just good players and their was plenty of money up at noth shore.And if the played 6 games ahead the wouldnt have won even though the belived the could win. And if you had to make games behind Bugs and people saying that I played better then Bugs. I guess you would have liked it. But I was in action every day with sports pool cards and whatever their was action in. And again I controled 80% of the action. And if you dont belive what I am saying then put up some money and I will prove it to you. And Marvin cant verifie it because he is no longer around but Buddy Hall can and Allen can if the want to. I cant help it that ypou cant understand what I am talking about. The only way you can no is if you no as much as I do about One Pocket. But thats imposable. And I am not woffing at you to play. BUt put up your 30 thousand dollares and will end all the conversation. And nobody has taken the bet yet WHY WHY WHY. Do you want the bet? Or are you just some more talk. THe bet is for you and anyone who wants it. Does that sound like BUll shit. Take the bet and win the money and that will be it. And I am not a made up caracter that Freddy mad up. Im for real and the things I did are real and the people I played are real. NOt some msde up nonsense. I dont no who you are and dont care because I no you are a fool because only a fool would talk about someone the dont no. You should have asked Bugs who was the best player in the woprld. Anmd he would have told you. That I was the only guy he couldnt beat. And I can verifie that with one of Bugs backers and BUgs was his Hero. Because he was the one that asked Bugs . And he even asked Bugs if he had two hundred dollares who would he play with his own money Efrin or me And Bugs told him I wouldnt play Artie with my own money no matter what. He said He never one with a backer why would he play me with his own money. And I played Bugs about 25 times. And we always played each other because he new I would always play. And the only way we wouldnt play is if he couldnt get a backer. And I bet my own money 90% of the time. And For all you Fools I beat BUgs Even. And I told him after I beat him even. Thjat I want my 9 to 8 back because I didnt want to be giving bigger spots out then hiomgetting backed. And he said ok. And me and Bugs were closer then you and your brother. And I never said no to him when he asked me for the bite. And I never in my life asked him for money or my bite money back. And on his last birthday. I sent Bugs 3 birthday cards and he saI WHY DID YOU DO THAT and I said thats for all the birthdays I missed. And we played some of the greatest sessions in life. And nobody was closer to Bugs ten me at the end of his Journy. And he even got his daughters Cell phone so he could call me every day because he couldnt call out on the hopital phone. And he said he loves me like his own brother. And BUgs was a Champion. And we were the toughest combination in the world to beat. And thats my end of it and you can critisize and say what you want. I sugjest you take the chalange or get someone to take the chalange. And Let the whole world see and no the truth. And every one will learn and no how to play the gam,e correctly. Or keep talking and saying nigative lies and nothing will change. Or take the bet and find out the truth. Because you are clueless and you dont have a clue what real one pocket is about or how to play it. Go back to sdand box maybe you can talk yourself into learnind how the game is played. And all your Ignorance and stupeity will come out and you will wake up and learn howe to play real one pocket. Unless you arent interested in learning the truth. And I no everyone is sceptical. This is a one pocket site dont you think you should no how to play onepocket correctly? Or you can keep talking and making accusations and coments. Get the truth out dont just say things you have no clue about especialy if you DONT NO AND YOU DONT NO THE PERSON. I dont say anything about you because I dont no you. And I did say you are a fool maybe that will wake you up and think before you say something or write about someone YOU DONT NO. Do you want the bet or are you going to comment and say thats all bullshit and duck the truth or be a man and take the bet. WE are responsable for what we right. And hustling to me was not a game it was my survivale. And only the fittest survive.

Arthur,
1. There is a difference between being a great player and a loyal friend. My diatrade against you in the post you quoted never once mentioned your skill or lack there of as a player. It did state the fact that you owe a great deal to Fred for pumping you up, writing about you, bragging about you, etc so that the end result was you were inducted into the HOF. Do you really believe you were destined to be enshrined there without Freddy's influence, help and assistance???

2. Speaking of your skill as a player....could you list your major tournament wins for those of us who don't know of any? I can name the ones that Ronnie Allen, Efren Reyes, Grady Mathews, Shannon Daulton, Cliff Joyner, Ed Kelly, Eddie Taylor, Larry Johnson, Scott Frost, Danny DiLiberto, Nick Varner, Steve Cook, Johnny Ervolino, Jim Rempe, Cecil Tugwell, Chris McDonald, Harold Worst, Marshall Carpenter, Mike Sigel, Buddy Hall and Jose Parica won.
The only reason I'm pointing that out is because in your latest post, as best as I can tell, you pretty much proclaimed yourself to be the very best one pocket player ever, at least for a period in time. Better than the group I menetioned? I realize that a few GREAT players like Bugs, Jack Cooney, Billy Incardona, San Jose Dick and a few others played mostly money matches and eschewed the tournaments. But the difference between them and you is I don't recall any of them boasting so much about how they were so great and only they knew the secret to real one pocket. You stand alone there.
It's nice to have pride in your accomplishments, and you were most certainly a force in 1P. But you were not the best that ever played the game. And do you really believe that of the aforementioned group of great players, only YOU know the "correct" way to play the game???

3. You want me to play you for $30,000.00? I don't have an extra $300 let alone thousands just laying around. And anyway, I'm only a shortstop. I'm no champion of Chicago. You would beat me bad Arthur. But to help you out a little, why don't you contact the guys at T.A.R. and ask them to set up a match between you and Efren for 30G? Or Shannon or Cliff. Heck, Allen Hopkins would probably take you up on that match.

4. I have a very hard time believing that Bugs was afraid to play you 1p. To me, saying something like that is another way of saying he was a coward, which we all know he was NOT. And even if that were true, why do you feel the need to post that? To put your friend Bugs down? To degrade his memory? Or to once again puff yourself up as being the greatest to ever chalk a cue? Let me guess...I'm a fool for even thinking you NEEDED chalk!

5. I have nothing against you personally, as you've never done anything wrong or bad to me. Even if you did, I don't hold grudges anyway. But I do consider how you treated Freddy here on a public forum to be very tacky, considering how helpful he's been in giving you the great boost that he did.
That's the sole reason why I responded to your posts. Or did you just want to write anything your heart desired and then have nobody respond?

PS- Accu-Stats is in the process of arranging challenge matches for taping and then selling. If T.A.R. turns you down, maybe you could give them a call.
I'm pretty sure they have Efren's telephone number.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
stevelomako said:
I think deep down Artie is just f#%@ing with Freddy a bit and Freddy is going for it.

I have to believe if Freddy called him and needed big help Artie would be there.

Those are some harsh PERSONAL things to say about Artie since you don't know him or know much about him or know how he had to survive or how he was raised. If you knew him like Freddy I'd say go at it. Their history is long and between them, I know this aint the first time they are at each other and it won't be the last no matter what either of them say.

I give him alot of credit for JUST TRYING to post on here. You think it aint tough for him?...but he keeps doing it.

Arties' claim to fame was and has been well known by people that know for a long time already.

Steve,
I hope you're right, but I don't think Artie was kidding. We all know the Beard has alligator thick skin. So for him to get the response from Fred as he did, I tend to believe that Artie was really sincere in his insults, as Freddy took it to heart.

I know lots of guys who had terrible, and I mean terrible home lives as kids. Not everyone uses that as an excuse to bully their friends around. Most use it to learn how to be a better person.

I too give Artie 'credit' for posting here. He has lots to offer and he's recognized by some as sort of genius at 1P. So for sure he's an asset here.
But he needs to expand his posting beyond just woofing at other players lack of how to play and how great he is.
I for one though think he would garner loads more respect if he showed some respect.

Kudos to you Steve for trying to put some water on this thread and being a peacemaker of sorts.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Terry Ardeno said:
Arthur,
1. There is a difference between being a great player and a loyal friend. My diatrade against you in the post you quoted never once mentioned your skill or lack there of as a player. It did state the fact that you owe a great deal to Fred for pumping you up, writing about you, bragging about you, etc so that the end result was you were inducted into the HOF. Do you really believe you were destined to be enshrined there without Freddy's influence, help and assistance???

2. Speaking of your skill as a player....could you list your major tournament wins for those of us who don't know of any? I can name the ones that Ronnie Allen, Efren Reyes, Grady Mathews, Shannon Daulton, Cliff Joyner, Ed Kelly, Eddie Taylor, Larry Johnson, Scott Frost, Danny DiLiberto, Nick Varner, Steve Cook, Johnny Ervolino, Jim Rempe, Cecil Tugwell, Chris McDonald, Harold Worst, Marshall Carpenter, Mike Sigel, Buddy Hall and Jose Parica won.
The only reason I'm pointing that out is because in your latest post, as best as I can tell, you pretty much proclaimed yourself to be the very best one pocket player ever, at least for a period in time. Better than the group I menetioned? I realize that a few GREAT players like Bugs, Jack Cooney, Billy Incardona, San Jose Dick and a few others played mostly money matches and eschewed the tournaments. But the difference between them and you is I don't recall any of them boasting so much about how they were so great and only they knew the secret to real one pocket. You stand alone there.
It's nice to have pride in your accomplishments, and you were most certainly a force in 1P. But you were not the best that ever played the game. And do you really believe that of the aforementioned group of great players, only YOU know the "correct" way to play the game???

3. You want me to play you for $30,000.00? I don't have an extra $300 let alone thousands just laying around. And anyway, I'm only a shortstop. I'm no champion of Chicago. You would beat me bad Arthur. But to help you out a little, why don't you contact the guys at T.A.R. and ask them to set up a match between you and Efren for 30G? Or Shannon or Cliff. Heck, Allen Hopkins would probably take you up on that match.

4. I have a very hard time believing that Bugs was afraid to play you 1p. To me, saying something like that is another way of saying he was a coward, which we all know he was NOT. And even if that were true, why do you feel the need to post that? To put your friend Bugs down? To degrade his memory? Or to once again puff yourself up as being the greatest to ever chalk a cue? Let me guess...I'm a fool for even thinking you NEEDED chalk!

5. I have nothing against you personally, as you've never done anything wrong or bad to me. Even if you did, I don't hold grudges anyway. But I do consider how you treated Freddy here on a public forum to be very tacky, considering how helpful he's been in giving you the great boost that he did.
That's the sole reason why I responded to your posts. Or did you just want to write anything your heart desired and then have nobody respond?

PS- Accu-Stats is in the process of arranging challenge matches for taping and then selling. If T.A.R. turns you down, maybe you could give them a call.
I'm pretty sure they have Efren's telephone number.
My first response is I never but Bugs Down and I never said that bugs was afraid to play. YOU SAID THAT. And Bugs would play any living human. And Bugs was a champion and my friend. And All I said was that Bugs and I would play each other every time we would run into each other. And we played about 25 times. And Freed y knows what happened when we played ask him since you feel that I owe him something. Freddy and me understand each other real good. And this all started out with na story that didnt happen If I had Grady 3 games ahead and I had him 5 balls to nothing and he owed 3 balls and that was the game I needed their would have been no way in the world he could have one that game and came back and then win the 4 games ahead. for 4 thousand dollares and t think that I would play for 5 hundred dollares a game. You need to go and see KAvorkien. Because that never happened. And for him to be their for a shot time and tell me what happened is idiotic. And never happaned we did play but that is not what happened. And to ask me what tournaments I won is even dimber. When I made it clear that I didnt play in tournaments. You still dont get it. I playedv for the money not the glory. And I probably one more money with ngambling then any one you mentioned. And I was not a tournament player and you dont have to make me a tournament player. And you still havent gotten to the point. That I will bet any of those player that I no how to pla perfect one pocket and the dont. Do you understand what I want to bet? I am not looking to plat anyone one pocket. And I dont play pool no more. And I havant played for about 25 years ecepte about 4 years ago for two monthes because I had nothing to do and preacher Red wanted me to hang out with him. And I gave out more snaps then the avarage pool player made in a year. And you If you dont think that the smardest one pocket player and one of the best win percentage player doesnt desirve to be in the hall of fame. Then I guess their is something wrong with the hall of fame. And I played everyone that came to Chicago. And when all those players few two thousand miles to play in the US open the didnt want to come two more miles and get some money. I guess all those champion one pocket players came two thousand miles to watch the US open. And Joe Spath told all were the could go and get some action. And if you are their already I would say its a good time to play. You dont no me and you dont no Freddy. I no Freddy better then anyone. And I even lived next door to him for years. You dont need to tell me anything about Freddy. I have nowen him my hole life. And Race track Phil helped a lot to get me into the Hall of Fame. And he knowes
me my whole life and if you want to no something about me ask him and he will give you the correct answer.And are you going to take my bet on who knowes how to play correct one pocket. I back up what I say I dont just tal;k and make up thing . I wright the truth and wheter some one likes it or not. And I will repeat what I said I am the only one that knowes the correct way to play one pocket. And you can give it to all those AZ players too. Because the dont no howe to play it correctly ither so you see I dont pick out one person. I give the bet to everyone. Even the players from all the other countries. I wish I could still play but I cant. And the lay off has been to long and I wont get it back. And I dont bullshit myself that I can still play because I cant play anyomre. And I have no problem with knoweing I cant play any more. And I can handle that. But the only reason I am tyelling you about one pocket is because I dont play any more and mabe their is some one out their that realy wants to no howe to play the ghame correctly. Their are many great players. But what I have to offer nobody else knowes. And nobody wants to pay to no what iot is. And I also no that I was the best one pocket player in the wold with less ability then any other plaer. And Freddy will varivie that. Because he spoted me 8 to 6 in banks and Bugs spoted me 9 to 5 when I was playing good. And Billy was the 7 or 6 ball better then me playing nine ball and if you wantto no my opinion Efrin could have given me the 5 or 6 playing nine ball and I would have bet on Efrin. But in my prime playing 6 ahead in one pocket he would not have one. And nobody knowes why andcant answer why. And Efrin is the best all around player the last 20 years. And I can tell you this if Efrin and me would have played even one pocket or Ronnie Allen 6 games ahead Billy would have bet on Efrin and Ronnie. But I would have got the money. But their is no way to no what would have happened. But If you learn the correct way to play one pocket then you will undersand and see why I would have won. And the both had way more ability then I did. But take my bet and you will see and learn and understand why I would have one. And intead of all this nonsense it would be great to learn what one pocket is realy about. And getting into all this other nonsense doesnt matter anyway. but what I am talking about everyone can learn. And the hall of fame is ok but its more important to the people and the game the correct way to play the game. And FReddy doesnt want to realy wright the complete truth what I realy did with people because he doesnt want to hurt any players feelings. And you already think that Freddy and me are partners. But if I would tell you what realy happened you wouldnt even belive it so we dont have to go their. And we will stick to what I am talking about how to play correct one pocket and that is why I one. NO oter reason. And for you not wanting to admite that some one could no that much is not in your amagination. BUt I did it in pool and Sports. Not just one game. And remember I am not looking for a pool game do we have that clear nowe?