Ask Artie Holiday Special

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
ask Artie holiday special

ask Artie holiday special

Playing better one- pocket would be nice and all that but what I'd REALLY like to know is how you beat all the experts in Vegas. Now that would be worth knowing.... this is a semi tongue-in-cheek question thanks Artie for sharing

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Skin said:
My supervising professor for my PhD work used to remind his grad students when we would go trotting off, sure we were about to pull off the Nobel Prize winning experiment, "You know, a couple of months in the lab can save you a few days in the library." He almost always turned out to be right as we often discovered that somebody else had already done what we planned, had done it better usually, and often had proved us wrong. Getting shot down in flames before you get off the runway is a humbling experience you never forget. It teaches you the value of other people's knowledge and the hazard of thinking you're the smartest person in the room.

What's going on here is folks who want to learn the game are asking questions (they are going to the library first before they go to the lab), and outside of Artie and Dick, hardly anybody is answering. These two masters don't have to say anything, but the fact that they do is evidence of a certain generousity of soul for which they deserve praise and gratitude.

Perhaps to you and other critics, the level of discussion is not high enough to satisfy your cravings for knowledge. Fair enough. The soultion is for y'all to raise the level rather than, you in particular, dissing the process and the learners by calling them jock-sniffers and portraying the learners as too ignorant to understand that there is more to know than just what Artie has posted. Some of us are quite well-educated and master learners even if we are not master players.

Why don't you guys light a candle instead of cursing what you think is the daarkness? You'll probably discover that you don't know as much as you think you do, which is always the first thing a person who sets out to teach runs up against, and that is guaranteed if nothing else to produce respect for learners and the process where it doesn't already exist.

Skin

PhD wow thats great, did you graduate? thats very impressive. :)

your post above is : "correct and mistake free" I dont have a beef with Oldschool or anyone here, he isnt learning anything from Artie because he knows alot or dosent find his help useful, which is understandible. For others they might learn alot-not all teachers connect with all students best describes what i'm saying.

For me I have found some very sound principals in Artie's posts, concepts like "correct and mistake free" I knew that before but in the context he is presenting it it is good, and other concepts-not specifics, Artie hasnt went there with game situations, he needs Cuetable, can you imagine that???

So in summery Artie is helping some and not others, that dosent make him a bad guy, I like him and think he has pumped life into this board-its been flat the past year.

respectfully

eric

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
frmn said:
i have to agree that what is being said here is very repititious.it's like walking through what you were told was a gold field looking around any saying " where are all the nuggets?". it turns out you had your foot propped on the biggest one. error free onepocket. no mistakes. oh yeah i know that but i'm just going to try this one shot.and now you've sold out. i know for the past few weeks i have started to reevalute my shot selection by thinking more about error free onepocket and it has made my game better. when i start loosening my shot selection up my game goes back down. hold the idea close to your heart error free one pocket
I have gambaled my whole life I have won my whole life I am knowlegable and qualified at what I am saying. I am giving my knowledge free. Nobody has to take it. you can do it your way. Its your choice you can belive me or not. I keep repeading because those are the things you have to learn to play better one pocket. I can make the game way more complicated and I say it were everyone can understand it. And if it did not turn out the way you expected it to turn out. You could have askred the quistion Why didnt it work out for me. THeir are many reasons. This is not the fountain of youth . You have to practice and work on your game and learn how to do it correctly. Have you learned the correct shots yet? Have you learned to make less mistakes yet. Have you learned what the correct shots are. Have you answered yourself why you are shooing the shot you are shooting. Have you learned how many balls you are going to make in what order. Have you learned what shoot you are going to shoot ahead of time when you are done running the balls. Have you learned what you have to no and do to win the game. Have you answerd all your quistions and what do I have to learn to be a smarter and better player. Have I learned when to shoot and not to shoot. Have I learned when to play safe. Have I learned what I have to do to lock up the game. Have I learned how to play the game mistake free. Do I no how to play the game of one pocket correctly ? Can I explain the game. Have I learned enough one pocket that I realy no how to play the game. WHAT DO I HAVE TO LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME OF ONE POCKET CORRECTLY MISTAKE FREE. CAN i PLAY ONE POCKET OR DO I JUST SHOOT BY INSTINCTE AND JUDGMENT OR DO I TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PLAY THE GAME WERE I UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM DOING. MY FRIEND YOU HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO TO GET TO THAT LEVEL. AND I WILL DEBATE WITH ANYONE ABOUT ONE POCKET. GET WHO YOU THINK KNOWS THE MOST ABOUT ONE POCKET AND LETS HAVE A CONTEST AND WE WILL GO FROM THIER. iF YOU DONT BELIVE WHAT I AM SAYING YOU MITE NOT BELIVE ANYONE. GET YOUR SOURCE AND WHO YOU THINK KNOWES MORE AND LETS GET TOGETHER AND SEE WHO KNOWS WHAT. WHO DO YOU WANT TO PUT UP AGAINST ME. I NO THE ANSWERS DO ANY OF THE OTHER PLAYERS. I NO THE CAN SHOOT AND MOVE AND BE AGGRESIVE WHAT ELSE DO THE NO ABOUT THE GAME. I havant got no chalanges yet. Think about that. Her is a chance for you to learn and you want to make it like it doesnt work. Correct one pocket and mistake free is what you have to learn and all the other player too. Then you can play correct one pocket mistake free. AND THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO THAT. IT MEANS THAT YOU NO WHAT YOU NEED TO LEARN TO BECOME A BETTER LPAYER. AND ONCE YOU LEARN IT YOU STILL HAVE TO DO IT. If error free one pocket made your game better. Why did you start loosing your shoot selection? And why did your gamego down? And why would your game go down because of your shoot selection? Could you answer these quistions and we will figure out the answer. I am trying to help your game if you dont want my help that is your choice. I am not a touite and I dont get paid for doing this. All I did was rto try to get more people interested and make them aware of the correct way to play one pocket. I have had champions ask me for one pocket lessions do you think the no that I have the answers the are looking for. And you shold spend your time practicing and learning if you want to become a better player. And if you want to get me a player I will show him. And we will see what he says when I am done showing him. Who wants a free 7 day lession. I will only show one person. To show that what I said works. One person. But for everyone else keep learning and practicing because it realy works.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You are not playing to tight you are playing the wrong shots because if he is pecking away at the lead you are leaving him the shots . And you have to learn. what shots to shoot and why. You are giving himmfree shots. And you are on defese you hant to keep your opponent on deffense thats why you have to learn what shots to shoot and were to but the object ball and cue ball for his next shot. Learn not to give him free shots. If he shoots at a shot and doesnt make the shot you should get a shot at your pocket. And if his shot is totaly free I would tell you to learn the shoots. SEt up your shoots and what happened and do you have any good one pocket players were you are and ask them what the correct shot and position of the cue ball is. You have to get your opponent were he is on deffense and you are shooting at your whole . And if you keep a ball in front of your pocket he cant shoot because if he misses you will have a easy shot. So if you put a ball in front of your pocket he has to take his turn shooting the ball away from ypur pocket. And if it is the other way around you will be on deffense and he will be on offense. keep playing and practicing and play against yourself and you will learn what shot to shoot and what you have to do. Because you will see the resulte from both sides. This is a good quistion. And If I was playing I would position the balls and the cue ball were the would help my game and I would manover the cue ball were I would get a shot or he would make a mistake. Excepte I would have a big edge because I no what to do and you still have more to learn. You are not playing to tight. You just have more to learn. And with time and practice you will learn. And once you learn it you will not forget it. It will be like wrighting your name. But that is what you have to learn. He is beating you to the shot. And he knowes what to do to get that advantage. Stick with it you will learn it and then you will have the edge. Good luck.

this is a great example of good teaching, Artie was asked about someone chipping away at the posters lead 1 ball at a time when the balls are up table and the poster has a good lead 6-2.

Artie answered this qusetion with a brawd conceptial answere-which is his style of teaching, he isnt specific and thats good in some cases, this question lends it self to a Artie style answere. Its a basic beginners 1P question that was accuratly answered. Nothing wrong with that, when I see posts like this-stuff I know I might skip them, if I think I know then I read them.

Its critical to help out new players-pool is dieing there are very few 18 yr old players in America any more, if we let pool die then champions who left us great memories will fade in time, Bugs, Titanic, Fats, those names will be meaningless if we dont answere basic questions that are being asked today. In honor of the ledgends we owe it to them to keep pool alive and teach.

How's that? :)

respectfully

eric

lfigueroa

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Lou, you break me up!..:D .......You always chirp in at the right time to call a spade a spade. I too keep waiting for something of substance. But at least the price is right!

Doc

lol. I know. My wife says it's a major character flaw. Otherwise, I'd be perfect :)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
OldSchool said:
Mr. lfigueroa, on the contrary, what you just wrote was NOT just your opinion, what you just wrote was THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I've wanted to post the same TRUTH myself, but I didn't think it was worth the bother -- but you inspired me. All of this supposed fantastic instruction that the great Artie has been monotonously posting for days and days is just obvious, common sense, one pocket thinking that any halfway decent one pocket player knows, and Artie says it as if he's saying something original -- what a freaking joke. I've showed these posts of his to a few strong one pocket players that I know, and they also think it's a joke. And these jock sniffers on the site here who keep posting things like, "wow Artie, thanks so much for sharing all of your knowledge" --- man, that is pathetic. And haven't you 'seekers of the magic knowledge' noticed that the few times you've asked Artie to give his actual shot choice in a specific situation, he doesn't answer -- just like a politician who avoids answering the question asked -- Why doesn't he answer ? -- because then his shot choices could be analyzed and found to be the same choices other seasoned one pocket players would choose -- revealing that THE SECRET MAGIC ARTIE KNOWLEDGE DOESN'T REALLY EXIST. And like I said before in an earlier post, Artie was a great one pocket player, and I know his game as well as any living human. I've seen Artie play many, many times, and studied his moving and shot choices countless times, and he didn't play with any SECRET MAGIC KNOWLEDGE -- he just played extremely smart, and executed extremely well -- that's THE REAL TRUTH, believe it.

And last of all, I also think Artie is ruining this site, posting 20 times a day and infiltrating every post with his egomaniac bs, and half of the time his posts aren't even referring to what the original post was about -- he obviously doesn't know what hijacking threads means.

OldSchool

Well, I think a lot of guys here have enjoyed Artie's war stories and don't want to chase him off. I've ceratinly enjoyed them and lok forward to more.

But god grief, someone's gotta put some of this other stuff -- about playing the game -- into the light of day and point out: the emperor ain't got no clothes on.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
chicagomike said:
I'm always interested in what a better player than myself has to say regarding their theories and experiences. I never know when they may drop a crumb of knowledge my way that may give me some deeper insight into the game and make me a better player...thanks Artie

Lou, did you have any experiences or thoughts regarding the game that you wanted to share with the class?

-Chicagomike

Chicagomike, perhaps my error is forgetting that there are folks here at all different levels of play and experience. So for some, maybe there is value in some of the more recent discussions.

But for those that have played, studied, and enjoyed the game for longer periods of time, I think we're just not impressed. I know I'm not. Particularly when we're getting a nonstop barrage about how one particular guy is so knowledgeable.

After reading all these posts, I'm like: So where's the beef?

And I don't know half of what many on this site know about the game.

Lou Figueroa

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I have gambaled my whole life I have won my whole life I am knowlegable and qualified at what I am saying. I am giving my knowledge free. Nobody has to take it. you can do it your way. Its your choice you can belive me or not. I keep repeading because those are the things you have to learn to play better one pocket. I can make the game way more complicated and I say it were everyone can understand it. And if it did not turn out the way you expected it to turn out. You could have askred the quistion Why didnt it work out for me. THeir are many reasons. This is not the fountain of youth . You have to practice and work on your game and learn how to do it correctly. Have you learned the correct shots yet? Have you learned to make less mistakes yet. Have you learned what the correct shots are. Have you answered yourself why you are shooing the shot you are shooting. Have you learned how many balls you are going to make in what order. Have you learned what shoot you are going to shoot ahead of time when you are done running the balls. Have you learned what you have to no and do to win the game. Have you answerd all your quistions and what do I have to learn to be a smarter and better player. Have I learned when to shoot and not to shoot. Have I learned when to play safe. Have I learned what I have to do to lock up the game. Have I learned how to play the game mistake free. Do I no how to play the game of one pocket correctly ? Can I explain the game. Have I learned enough one pocket that I realy no how to play the game. WHAT DO I HAVE TO LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME OF ONE POCKET CORRECTLY MISTAKE FREE. CAN i PLAY ONE POCKET OR DO I JUST SHOOT BY INSTINCTE AND JUDGMENT OR DO I TRY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PLAY THE GAME WERE I UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM DOING. MY FRIEND YOU HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO TO GET TO THAT LEVEL. AND I WILL DEBATE WITH ANYONE ABOUT ONE POCKET. GET WHO YOU THINK KNOWS THE MOST ABOUT ONE POCKET AND LETS HAVE A CONTEST AND WE WILL GO FROM THIER. iF YOU DONT BELIVE WHAT I AM SAYING YOU MITE NOT BELIVE ANYONE. GET YOUR SOURCE AND WHO YOU THINK KNOWES MORE AND LETS GET TOGETHER AND SEE WHO KNOWS WHAT. WHO DO YOU WANT TO PUT UP AGAINST ME. I NO THE ANSWERS DO ANY OF THE OTHER PLAYERS. I NO THE CAN SHOOT AND MOVE AND BE AGGRESIVE WHAT ELSE DO THE NO ABOUT THE GAME. I havant got no chalanges yet. Think about that. Her is a chance for you to learn and you want to make it like it doesnt work. Correct one pocket and mistake free is what you have to learn and all the other player too. Then you can play correct one pocket mistake free. AND THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO THAT. IT MEANS THAT YOU NO WHAT YOU NEED TO LEARN TO BECOME A BETTER LPAYER. AND ONCE YOU LEARN IT YOU STILL HAVE TO DO IT. If error free one pocket made your game better. Why did you start loosing your shoot selection? And why did your gamego down? And why would your game go down because of your shoot selection? Could you answer these quistions and we will figure out the answer. I am trying to help your game if you dont want my help that is your choice. I am not a touite and I dont get paid for doing this. All I did was rto try to get more people interested and make them aware of the correct way to play one pocket. I have had champions ask me for one pocket lessions do you think the no that I have the answers the are looking for. And you shold spend your time practicing and learning if you want to become a better player. And if you want to get me a player I will show him. And we will see what he says when I am done showing him. Who wants a free 7 day lession. I will only show one person. To show that what I said works. One person. But for everyone else keep learning and practicing because it realy works.

Artie,

Do you still live in Vegas?, I would be glad to help teach you a little bit about computers. It will take an hour and you wont have to worry about erasing things accidently, you will be able to talk to people privatly, and use a computer "correct and mistake free". :)

I promis it will take less than a hour, i'm not a smart computer guy either, but what I can show you is fast and easy-it will help you alot.

please let me know,

respectfully,

eric P

also I spoke to Cotton about you last week-Robert Lablanc, when I said your name his eyes got big, he said you could really play. He isnt big on complenents but-You, Bugs, Nick, Ronnie he says good things about-that a big list. He said you manage games good as anyone ever. I had to get the book on you ;) -just kidding.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
Well, I think a lot of guys here have enjoyed Artie's war stories and don't want to chase him off. I've ceratinly enjoyed them and lok forward to more.

But god grief, someone's gotta put some of this other stuff -- about playing the game -- into the light of day and point out: the emperor ain't got no clothes on.

Lou Figueroa
I dont have stories I have answers and knowledge and I dont no why a chicken shit like you doesnt put his moey and show every one that you got some balls and that your not a cowerd. You are a nocker and I guess thats what you want to be. You have not answered any quistions or chalanges you are a coward and a dog. But you will keep on knocking because that is how you get your attintion. Because you are a sick peace. And if I didnt belive what somebody wrote. I would but up my money and take the chalange. BUt you would rather nock and keep the knockers mask on. I just cant fogure out why you would knock something that doesnt cost you anything. Maybe some one can help me out why you would want to knock. I cannot come up with a answer. Why would some one knock anything. their not helping anyone and the are surly not giving anything. So what is the real reason behind their knock? Can you tell me why you would knock and stop people from learning. Is it because you are jealous or a sucker? I would like to her your beilliant answer. And stand up like a man and take the bet. Why are you hiding like a dog. Tell the readers something to help their game. You are a real peace of work you must be a champion looser or a champion sucker. I no you are one but witch one? Let me no if you got your nerve up to take the bet. And tell us something about one pocket that will help everyones gam? Have you been a looser for a long time like maybe your whole life.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
lol. I know. My wife says it's a major character flaw. Otherwise, I'd be perfect :)

Lou Figueroa
I see you have alot of class thats why you brought your wife into it.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You are intitled to your opinon But the people who want to learn and I hope the learn dont pass up the chance to Dace I hope you Dance dont sit it out. Their are lots of people who mite not agree or think the are smarter. But I will go up aginst any one or I will even let the top five but all their inginuitei together. And I will use what I no and my knowledge I diont need no cosigners and I dont need mr reputation and win percentage. All I need is me and my knowledge. Their is always one person in the crowed that wants to sabatash something good . And the dont want no one to learn. Because the are misrable and all the can do is critizize and complain. THats your role in life what is your claim to fame. What have you done to help someone? You havant said one thing to show all these readers and learners what to do to help their game. Everthing out of your mouth is nothing but words. And all you can do is knock for whatever reason you are doing it of whoever put yopu up to it. I stand alone I dont have no anamasotie or bitterness twords anyone. I will stand up for myself. And if anyone wants to chalange what I wrote fine put your money and your knowledge were your mouth is. I would like for you to answer some quistions since you are so smart and think you no something. Let me her from you what one pocket is and how can people improve their game. And can you tell me what the correct shot is. And what you are supose to to on every shot and why. Do you no anything at all about one pocket. You explain the game. and how you play the game. You came out of the clear blue and started knocking and were hard on the people who want to learn. Does anyone no you on this sight. I would like to no what you no about one pocket not who you played or who you beat but what you no. You have made statments about what I wrote do you want to have a one pocket chalange and see how much you realy no. Or are just another catoon caracter that wants to be herd. I can tell everyone who red what I wrote you dont even have to belive what I wrote. But if you do what I said you will improve your game and you can prove it to yourself. What I have given you is stronger than in any one pocket book and it will work and apply to all games not just one pocket. And I hope you learn. Dot let some person discourage you from learning. And if you no some one pocket you will no what I wrote makes sense. And I dont see no open chalanges. Its all behind closed doors. You no who I am and I am out in the open. And I will back up what I wright. I hope you can do the same. Or keep knocking and hiding. Or come out in the open and take the bet like a man. NOt like a wessal. And I will bet you dont even answer my quistions. Because you are a Bum. A real Bum. Let me her what you have to give to help people with their one pocket game. What is your cotrabution and gift to one pocket. I hope we can get together and you can bet real high. Because I have had a lot of people call me already and the want to take part of my bet. SO dont be shy speeck up I love it. People need to see for themselves who is real and who is bull shit. and it will not take long if the no how to play to play avarage one pockit. And you dont even have a clue what it means what I wrote. What I wrote is also for the champions because the dont no what I wrote and the dont do that in a game. Its very practical if you learn it and do it. And what I wrote is correct. And what do you have to conribute beside nothing. You havant said one thing about how to play the game. Not one thing. And all those taps are nothing but a replay of the games people played. And people need more than just to watch taps to play. THe need to no what to do. TAps atre great but knowing wat to do is even greater. Lets both of us tell the people something that the dont no and we will go from their. Let me herb what you can tell them. Or dont you no anything?

I'm not out to sabotage anything. Particularly something good. But what you've written so far is piffle. That doesn't make me a bum or weasel. It makes me someone who knows the difference between legitimate knowledge and advice, and a carnie come on.

You say that what you wrote is for champions. OK. Let's take a look at what you've written, keeping in mind that this is after boo koo posts about how you're the burning bush, when it comes to 1pocket knowledge:

Watch weak players and learn what not to do.

Don’t play the same game every time.

Don’t play your opponent.

The game is between you and the balls and the layout and the position of the balls. The game is about you and what you do at the table, not your opponent.

Practice and shoot and figure out which is the correct shot.

Take as long as you like to learn what you’re doing when you’re practicing

In tournaments or gambling make your decisions quicker. Because there are rules and you can’ take all day.

You need to no what you’re doing and why.

It’s not about shooting fast or slow, but shooting the correct shot and why. And if you don’t think that way you have to practice and learn.

Have a plan and have it figured out what you are going to do. Not just one shot but the whole theory behind the shoot.

When you’re winning you have to train yourself to give all you have to finish off your opponent. Don’t let him breathe.

Don’t have big mood swings. Be neutral. And show some class. People like players better that have control instead of being a sore looser.

Stick and stay and make it pay. Winning should not change your standard of living.

We need to correct our mistakes so we can improve our game and not repeat the same mistakes over and over.

Practice shooting every shot and move and see what you did to trap yourself. You have to memorize the important things you learn in each game.

Shoot shots that you can handle and control.

Work extra hard and practice what you need to learn.

Oh, and let us not forget the one where you said you just can't take out a ball near your opponent's pocket. You have to put in somewhere where it will help you later in the game.

Well, duh.

And then you crow:

PUT ALL THE NOTES TOGETHER WHAT I WROTE AND YOU CAN WRITE A BOOK ON PLAYING CORRECT POOL MISTAKE FREE. THAT’S ALL FOLKS.

Well color me happy. You didn't give up anything the vast majority of us didn't already figure out out a long time ago, either on our own, or through the good grace of others willing to share, particularly Grady and Billy in their instructional tapes, to say nothing of their commentary on dozens of Accu-Stats tapes.

Do you not realize how many 1pocket tapes the average person on this site has watched? The hundreds/thousands of 1pocket games played and sweated? The 1pocket books read, like Eddie Robbin's two classics, or Jack Koehler's work. How about the articles in the the magazine's? In all honesty, I'm not sure you've given up one single piece of new thought on the game. Certainly not anything worthy of coming from: the smartest 1pocket player ever.

This is not the midway, Artie. And we're not all suckers and rubes.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Thank you very much for posting this.

Lou F also has a lot he could add, in terms of lighting a candle.

I'll take that as a compliment, Steve... I think :)

Lou Figueroa
when did posting on the internet
become so complicated :)

lfigueroa

Verified Member
frmn said:
i have to agree that what is being said here is very repititious.it's like walking through what you were told was a gold field looking around any saying " where are all the nuggets?". it turns out you had your foot propped on the biggest one. error free onepocket. no mistakes. oh yeah i know that but i'm just going to try this one shot.and now you've sold out. i know for the past few weeks i have started to reevalute my shot selection by thinking more about error free onepocket and it has made my game better. when i start loosening my shot selection up my game goes back down. hold the idea close to your heart error free one pocket

Let me give you a couple of examples of the distinction I'm trying to make. Someone asks if Artie has any advice on banking at 1pocket. Here's his reply:

And you have to know how to bank write.THey can't be two lawn or twoshort. you have to hit them perfect and make the ball or leave youoppoent with the ball in the jaws. And then you will never loose. And thentheres braking. You have to brake perfect. No misteaks. Put won high and won low or make a ball on the brake. Then you will never loose and if you don't go back and practce and figure out why you didn't win and then youWill be smarter and not loose.

So I ask you: where's the beef?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I dont have stories I have answers and knowledge and I dont no why a chicken shit like you doesnt put his moey and show every one that you got some balls and that your not a cowerd. You are a nocker and I guess thats what you want to be. You have not answered any quistions or chalanges you are a coward and a dog. But you will keep on knocking because that is how you get your attintion. Because you are a sick peace. And if I didnt belive what somebody wrote. I would but up my money and take the chalange. BUt you would rather nock and keep the knockers mask on. I just cant fogure out why you would knock something that doesnt cost you anything. Maybe some one can help me out why you would want to knock. I cannot come up with a answer. Why would some one knock anything. their not helping anyone and the are surly not giving anything. So what is the real reason behind their knock? Can you tell me why you would knock and stop people from learning. Is it because you are jealous or a sucker? I would like to her your beilliant answer. And stand up like a man and take the bet. Why are you hiding like a dog. Tell the readers something to help their game. You are a real peace of work you must be a champion looser or a champion sucker. I no you are one but witch one? Let me no if you got your nerve up to take the bet. And tell us something about one pocket that will help everyones gam? Have you been a looser for a long time like maybe your whole life.

Did this kind of woofing really ever work for you? I mean like in real life?

I've said what I've said because I think you've portrayed yourself here as the most knowledgeable 1pocket player ever. And then -- when it comes down to saying anything significant -- it's piffle.

My opinion.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I see you have alot of class thats why you brought your wife into it.

The only one telling everyone about how much class they do or do not have is you -- in this last post :)

Lou Figueroa

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
I'm not out to sabotage anything. Particularly something good. But what you've written so far is piffle. That doesn't make me a bum or weasel. It makes me someone who knows the difference between legitimate knowledge and advice, and a carnie come on.

You say that what you wrote is for champions. OK. Let's take a look at what you've written, keeping in mind that this is after boo koo posts about how you're the burning bush, when it comes to 1pocket knowledge:

Watch weak players and learn what not to do.

Don’t play the same game every time.

Don’t play your opponent.

The game is between you and the balls and the layout and the position of the balls. The game is about you and what you do at the table, not your opponent.

Practice and shoot and figure out which is the correct shot.

Take as long as you like to learn what you’re doing when you’re practicing

In tournaments or gambling make your decisions quicker. Because there are rules and you can’ take all day.

You need to no what you’re doing and why.

It’s not about shooting fast or slow, but shooting the correct shot and why. And if you don’t think that way you have to practice and learn.

Have a plan and have it figured out what you are going to do. Not just one shot but the whole theory behind the shoot.

When you’re winning you have to train yourself to give all you have to finish off your opponent. Don’t let him breathe.

Don’t have big mood swings. Be neutral. And show some class. People like players better that have control instead of being a sore looser.

Stick and stay and make it pay. Winning should not change your standard of living.

We need to correct our mistakes so we can improve our game and not repeat the same mistakes over and over.

Practice shooting every shot and move and see what you did to trap yourself. You have to memorize the important things you learn in each game.

Shoot shots that you can handle and control.

Work extra hard and practice what you need to learn.

Oh, and let us not forget the one where you said you just can't take out a ball near your opponent's pocket. You have to put in somewhere where it will help you later in the game.

Well, duh.

And then you crow:

PUT ALL THE NOTES TOGETHER WHAT I WROTE AND YOU CAN WRITE A BOOK ON PLAYING CORRECT POOL MISTAKE FREE. THAT’S ALL FOLKS.

Well color me happy. You didn't give up anything the vast majority of us didn't already figure out out a long time ago, either on our own, or through the good grace of others willing to share, particularly Grady and Billy in their instructional tapes, to say nothing of their commentary on dozens of Accu-Stats tapes.

Do you not realize how many 1pocket tapes the average person on this site has watched? The hundreds/thousands of 1pocket games played and sweated? The 1pocket books read, like Eddie Robbin's two classics, or Jack Koehler's work. How about the articles in the the magazine's? In all honesty, I'm not sure you've given up one single piece of new thought on the game. Certainly not anything worthy of coming from: the smartest 1pocket player ever.

This is not the midway, Artie. And we're not all suckers and rubes.

Lou Figueroa
A lot of tese were answers to quitions or do you want to cut out a lot of the tape because that is what you did and that is not admisabale in court. And I still dont understant what your motive is for knocing so strong. What is your problem for knocking. And some of those things you wrote are incorrect and I did not write them. But over all I think the are great and the will help anyones game. And since you are on the duck and you dont want the chalange. Maybe you can get someone to take my chalange. Because none of the pros whant it ot the would have taken it. And you keep using peopls names and taps and dvds . Why do you use other people cant you come up with your own material. ANd again I think most of those things you wrote that I wrote are great. But this is all going to a chalange and we will see if anyone showes up. Or is it a no show. And make sure if their is a contest that you are thrie. I wouldnt want you to miss anything. And you did contribute you cut out peaces of what I wrote. Thank you I like it. And I hope everyone reads it because the will learn from it. And make sure you send it over to AZ because the need to learn too.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
A lot of tese were answers to quitions or do you want to cut out a lot of the tape because that is what you did and that is not admisabale in court. And I still dont understant what your motive is for knocing so strong. What is your problem for knocking. And some of those things you wrote are incorrect and I did not write them. But over all I think the are great and the will help anyones game. And since you are on the duck and you dont want the chalange. Maybe you can get someone to take my chalange. Because none of the pros whant it ot the would have taken it. And you keep using peopls names and taps and dvds . Why do you use other people cant you come up with your own material. ANd again I think most of those things you wrote that I wrote are great. But this is all going to a chalange and we will see if anyone showes up. Or is it a no show. And make sure if their is a contest that you are thrie. I wouldnt want you to miss anything. And you did contribute you cut out peaces of what I wrote. Thank you I like it. And I hope everyone reads it because the will learn from it. And make sure you send it over to AZ because the need to learn too.

You don't recognize what you wrote because I put it in frippin' English. I took them directly from your posts in this thread, in the order in which they were posted. What I cut out was just more piffle.

Lou Figueroa

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
The only one telling everyone about how much class they do or do not have is you -- in this last post :)

Lou Figueroa
You have a new nickname the KNOCKER. I lalk about the game and the people I talk about is all positive. Ok you got it yet Knocker. Talk to me baby I her you.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
lfigueroa said:
I'll take that as a compliment, Steve... I think :)

Lou Figueroa
when did posting on the internet
become so complicated :)
I meant it as a compliment, but, I do have to say that I do not understand why over the last couple of years you have gone from being a strong contributor, in terms of sharing your own One Pocket knowledge, which is significant, to seemingly just dropping in now and then to knock. I miss the Lou F that often contributed very well written instructional advice....