Ask Artie Holiday Special

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
PART 3 The slow players are slow because the are in dought. Because the are not sure of what the are doing or why. Its not about shooting FAST or SLOW but shooting the correct shot and why. And if you dont think that way you have to practice and learn. Thats why you can learn by watching and practicing and asking quistions. Figure out the best and correct shot and the more you do it the easier it will be to learn. ITs not about how fast or slow you play. Its about what your plane is and why you are shooting the shot you are shooting. Have a plan and have it figured out what you are going to do. Not just one shot but the whole thery behind the shoot. Dont just say thats safe. Because everyone does that. Thats not good enough and that can be a big mistake. Have a plan and figure it out before you shoot. And I keep putting in their you have to no why you did what you did. I made it clear a few weeks ago. When you are winning you have to train yourself to give all you have to finish off your opponent dont let himbreath. Sufficate him. Go for the kill. No more chances and no more mistakes. Finish him off you want to finish the session off with giving it all you got. And if you gave 100% and lost its ok you gave it all you had. And Memorize this. Whether you win or loose take it the same way. Dont be a real happy winner and then when you lose you will be a very sore looser. You do your best weather you win or lose. Dont have big mood swings. Be nutral. And show some class people like players better that have control instead of being a sour looser. And most of it is all a show anyway. Be a control winner or looser. Be huble and gracious. Being very happy and beong very sad is not the way you want to go. And its the same thing betting sports horses or other games. You need to control yourself. Just like you are going to conrtol the game of one pocket. ITs all about you. You can shoe clas or be a little baby or spoiled little brat. And you will see it very clear with people. If you gave 100% and lost you mave nothing to feel bad about. Its all we can humanly do. BUt if you didnt give 100% then you no you need to learn how to give 100% in every game or match. And you will no if you gave 100%. Winning is a hard load on your shoulder but loosing is easy. And you have to learn how to be a winner. Her is a Quistion for everyone. WHO THOUGHT YOU TO BE A WINNER. Nobody. So you see these are all things we have to learn. Everyone wants to be a winner. But not to meny people want to do the work that comes with being a winner.
PART 4 Stick and stay and make it pay. Winning should not change your standared of living. Your standared of living should not depend on you winning or loosing. Because you should be living your life the way you want to weather you win or loose. And if you win big money lock it up and let it work for you and when the time comes and you need it you will have it. And by the time you are 60 years old you will have enough money to live comftrable and enjoy your golden years. But their too it goes back to what did you do with youre money when you made scores or had moey to lock up and let it earn for you in a interest baring account when you were younger. Everything goes back to the beginning were we made the mistakes. If you make a winning game you dont need to worry about loosing. You have to learn the whole pacage. Not just playing correctly. Everything you do is what makes you a winner. Even the things and choices you make in life. Its about making correct joices. Why do you need to get pmpet up unless you made a bad game or spent your money foolishly. And you mite go through your vwholt life gitting pumpt up. If you have done the wright thing with your money you will be ok. And you will not live in a cardboard box. If you have done it correctly from the start. And its never to late to start doing things correctly. Your moey will be their for you if you took care of it. and didnt waiste it and spend it foolishly. Shoe your money respect And you will have it when you need it. Everyone is a great spender. We no you are a champion at spending. BUt how meny champions are out their in SAVING. Not to meny. We all spent our money on bad habits and foolishly. Because we didnt no and we never realy learned. I no I never took a course on saying moey. And what to do to have it earn for me. I never learned. So why would I no. And some people never learn and never even think about it. But do the correct thjing with your money and you will be in great shape when you get older.We need to correct our mistakes in one pool so we can improve our game and not repeating the same mistakes over and over and not changing and learning. I have given you some of the things you need to learn. And I have woken you up to new IDEAS that should help you to change and think correctly. And my joy and happines will come from you learning. And their is a lot to learn. Jus put your mind to it and THINK and LEARN. Reach your goals. And you will feel great about your game and yourself. Enjoy your learning experience. Make it fun and enjoyment. Dont make it stress and strain. WEll I hope you are learning?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
chicagomike said:
Ok Artie here is my second question of the day:

How do I get the most benefit out of my practice time when practicing by myself with one pocket in mind.

Thanks,
Chicagomike
Practice shooting every shot and move and see what you did to trapyourself on the shot you have to memorize the important things you learn in each game. You can even reflect back at the end of the day and think about all the things you did and learned and in a month you will have put a lot of information into your computor. Your mind. Start from the First shot to the end of the game. And learn were the balls go on the breack and why. And we all breack the balls basicly the same way.
Practice shoots that will improve your mind to thinking correctly. Learn everything you can and how to IMPROVE what you learned. Practice yopur whole shoot and what you want your shoot to accomplish. Nevever ever shoot a shot unless you no WHY you are shooting that shot and what you are looking to accomplish.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Practice shooting every shot and move and see what you did to trapyourself on the shot you have to memorize the important things you learn in each game. You can even reflect back at the end of the day and think about all the things you did and learned and in a month you will have put a lot of information into your computor. Your mind. Start from the First shot to the end of the game. And learn were the balls go on the breack and why. And we all breack the balls basicly the same way.
Practice shoots that will improve your mind to thinking correctly. Learn everything you can and how to IMPROVE what you learned. Practice yopur whole shoot and what you want your shoot to accomplish. Nevever ever shoot a shot unless you no WHY you are shooting that shot and what you are looking to accomplish.
I have toght Larry Schwartz a lot of great and important information on all pool games. And he is the best teacher and the most qualified pool teacher in Chicago. MR. Larry Scwartz Mr Larry Schwartz he desirves the recignition and he is a clasy guy. And he is great at giving pool lessions if someone is looking for a great teacher. I dont no if he is avalable but I am sure someone can get ahold of him . Even Phil Welch can get ahold of him. I have his number but I cant give out someones phone number. But if someone wants some pool lessions he does not charge a lot. And its great for people who live in chicago. I charge a thousand dollares a houer and I no thats out of the reach for 99% of the people. But I am giving you all this information FREE. And i will keep helping everyone tell. Its time t hang it up. And I will not charge anyone for any quistions. And I no I could have opened up a sight and charged to answer peoples quistions and how to play correct one pocket mistake free. BUt Larry Schwartz is very sociable and a lot of people like him. And he will give you a great lession. And he is honest and sincere when he gives lessions. And I am AB And I approve this message.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Dick Mc Morran said:
Skin, While were waiting for Arties reply go on the Beard's blog and find my story on "Titanic", Its right after his Gar story (I don't know how to create a link) A good part of my tale involves "partner play". I know, from my experience, it can be a real crapshoot. But it is fun. ;)

Dick

PS Artie is not into "fun". :p It'll be interesting to get his take on it.
My reply would be whoever gits the weaker player gets spotted 8 to 7 and I no the answer but I want to her your reply. I am trying to get everyone to think. Because matching up is a lot of different opinons and how it should be. But I am trying to get people to think more and learn more and that is very important for their game. But if I played a partner game with Buddy Hall of Efrin as my partner I would do the traping and moving and I would have them doing the banking and shooting. The weaker player should move and the stronger player should SHOOT. THen you will have the best of the spot if you can do that. Because in reality you shouldnt be gitting sppoted in a partner game.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
My reply would be whoever gits the weaker player gets spotted 8 to 7 and I no the answer but I want to her your reply. I am trying to get everyone to think. Because matching up is a lot of different opinons and how it should be. But I am trying to get people to think more and learn more and that is very important for their game. But if I played a partner game with Buddy Hall of Efrin as my partner I would do the traping and moving and I would have them doing the banking and shooting. The weaker player should move and the stronger player should SHOOT. THen you will have the best of the spot if you can do that. Because in reality you shouldnt be gitting sppoted in a partner game.
I have rote 4 parts to quistions and I think you can learn a lot and everything is above board. And I have learned and that is what I did with my game. And if you learn it you will have learned a lot and you can use it to win and take your game to a higher levele.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
In my case, I've come to realize that I tend to give myself too much credit in the ability to execute certain shots. Especially shots where I'm trying to accomplish two or three things during the same shot. For example, I might be trying a risky long bank, while also trying to hide the CB behind another ball. Oftentimes I'll miss the bank and not get safe besides!!

The key for me is to stay with the shots that I have the highest percentage of executing best. I think a lot of us average players take a whirl at some of the delicatessen shots we see the top players accomplish-- and we mess up!!

Doc
Shooting a long shot and playing position behind a ball is hard to do and why are you shooting a log bank and gitting position. And what will the resulte be if you dont make the shot or you dont get the cusball correct. And you leave your opponent a shot were he can run 8 and out. Or you make the bank and trap yourself by not getting the cusball correctly. My answer is shoot shoots that you can handle and control. Remember I said you need to have control of your shot. Or shoot a different shot. And the score playes a big part weather you shoot the shot or not. And figure out how maney balls you can make and what the cosiqunce is if you miss the shot. All these quistions have to be answered before you shot. You cannot get the correct answer if you dont give all the details. Even the computor you have to have all the information to get a correct answer. You need to shoot shots that yopu can execute. I said it earlier a weeker player cannot shoot the shots that Champions shoot. Because you do not have their skill or their shooting ability. AND YOU HAVE TO SHOOT SHOTS ACCORDING TO YOUR ABILITY. THats why shooting the same shoot the champions shoot is NOT the correct shot for you to shoot. And you have to learn what is the correct shot according to your ability. So you see its not the same shot for every player. Its a lot according to your shooting ability. We are not Efrin and we do not have his executing skills. If we had his skill why would he spot us 8 to 5? If the player is the smartest and the most talanted and the most skillfull. Well nobody should be able to beat him. Unless the get very lucky and play way over their head. Its not a mystery. It skill and braines.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Dick Mc Morran said:
Skin, While were waiting for Arties reply go on the Beard's blog and find my story on "Titanic", Its right after his Gar story (I don't know how to create a link) A good part of my tale involves "partner play". I know, from my experience, it can be a real crapshoot. But it is fun. ;)

Dick

PS Artie is not into "fun". :p It'll be interesting to get his take on it.
LEARNIG IS FUN WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED LATLEY. THEIR IS NO GREATER FUN AND ENJOYMENT THEN LEARNING. AND FROM LEARNING COMES ACCOMPISHMENT. IS IT A GREAT ACCOMPISHMENT TO WIN A BIG TOURNAMENT AND WIN A BIG FAT PRICE. BECAUSE YOU LEARNED WHAT TO DO TO WIN.

SinCityTee

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas
My 1st Question to Artie

My 1st Question to Artie

Hi Artie ! Its good to see you posting on here and thank you for contributing your knowledge of the game to all of us !!

Well ve learned the game from a very good mutual friend we have by the name of Tony who use to work at Bensingers in chicago. He started to get into the thought process that he learned from you and i was wondering if you could help break it down. I guess this isnt really a question but more of your thoughts on this concept.

Obviously I am aware of your "suffocation" of your opponents when they played you. what was explained to me is that you knew what your opponet HAD TO DO innings before. You knew that if you put him in a position .. that he HAD NO CHOICE but to shoot the shot you wanted him to shoot.

Can you elaborate on this topic a little more ?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
LEARNIG IS FUN WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED LATLEY. THEIR IS NO GREATER FUN AND ENJOYMENT THEN LEARNING. AND FROM LEARNING COMES ACCOMPISHMENT. IS IT A GREAT ACCOMPISHMENT TO WIN A BIG TOURNAMENT AND WIN A BIG FAT PRICE. BECAUSE YOU LEARNED WHAT TO DO TO WIN.
I do not go on any other sights and if people her about this on AZ the will come to this sight to read it and learn it. And the will talk about it and the will keep comeing on this suight if the want to learn and read some more. Because no other sight is ofering all of this information. Especialy not free. But people who cant afford it are intitled to learn too. THATS ME BUDDY

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
I have noticed that executing poorly often makes what I thought was a good idea, end up looking really bad. Let's say I am trying to lodge the cue ball behind another ball to trap my opponent, but I slightly miss-hit and end up exposing the cue ball just enough to negate the value of my safety. I have also observed my opponent shooting what I sure thought was the wrong shot, yet they execute it and it ends up costing me. These two situations illustrate results that make it difficult for me to learn the "right shot".

Can you give us any advice on how to better observe our own game, so as to learn to avoid mistakes? What should we be looking for?
You might be executing poorly because you havant learned to do it correctly yet. So work extra hard and practice what you need to learn. And learn to execute correctly. Till you can do it correctly yourself. And ask yoursefy why you are not doing it correctly. You need to find that answer and correct it to were you can ececute the shot. If your opponent shoots a shot that you might think it is the wrong shot might be the correct shoot. You have to answer the quistion yourself. ANd then shoot the shoot 10 or 20 times and see what the resulte will be when you shoot that shoot over and over till you find the answer. Or maybe he is more skillfull at shooting that shot then you are. BUt work with the shot and ALWAYS keep learning tell you find the answer. Or have 2 or 3 champions shoot it and explaine it to you. And figure out why you think its the wrong shot.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You might be executing poorly because you havant learned to do it correctly yet. So work extra hard and practice what you need to learn. And learn to execute correctly. Till you can do it correctly yourself. And ask yoursefy why you are not doing it correctly. You need to find that answer and correct it to were you can ececute the shot. If your opponent shoots a shot that you might think it is the wrong shot might be the correct shoot. You have to answer the quistion yourself. ANd then shoot the shoot 10 or 20 times and see what the resulte will be when you shoot that shoot over and over till you find the answer. Or maybe he is more skillfull at shooting that shot then you are. BUt work with the shot and ALWAYS keep learning tell you find the answer. Or have 2 or 3 champions shoot it and explaine it to you. And figure out why you think its the wrong shot.
PUT ALL THE NOTES TOGETHER WHAT I WROTE AND YOU CAN WRIGHT A BOOK ON PLAYING CORRECT POOL MISTAKE FREE. THATS ALL FOLKS.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SinCityTee said:
Hi Artie ! Its good to see you posting on here and thank you for contributing your knowledge of the game to all of us !!

Well ve learned the game from a very good mutual friend we have by the name of Tony who use to work at Bensingers in chicago. He started to get into the thought process that he learned from you and i was wondering if you could help break it down. I guess this isnt really a question but more of your thoughts on this concept.

Obviously I am aware of your "suffocation" of your opponents when they played you. what was explained to me is that you knew what your opponet HAD TO DO innings before. You knew that if you put him in a position .. that he HAD NO CHOICE but to shoot the shot you wanted him to shoot.

Can you elaborate on this topic a little more ?
tHE ONLY tONEY i CAN THINK OF WAS A GREAT BASKETBALL PLAYER. Tony Herlin. I think he was from California and went to UCLA. But I dont no if thats the Toney. He use to buy a bag of popcorn in bensiger and watch me play. If the popcorn machine was their to long the popcorn would be full of bugs. And that was not very tastie to look at but you had to cheeck the bag befose you at the pop corn. Playing correct one pocket looks like suffercation. Because your oponent is always locked up and has nothing to shoot at. And if I played a session 6 ahead the were realy in trouble. I havant said anything about that part of the game yet. You win the million dollaer quistion. I put him in a position were he had no choice but to sell out. And people dont understand it because the have never seen anyone play that style. Even the players today dont play that style. And you have to no what you are doing. And it takes to much concentration and work to play that way. And you are putting a big strain on your mind and its a lot easier just to shoot by inatincte judgment and general direction. And thats why I only played it in a freez out and so maney games ahead. BUt if I would show it and explain it people would realy be surprised. And the would open their ears and eyes wide open. Because the would see and understand what I was doing and why I would have won. But just to play that way cheap all I would do is loose all my action. And I had the Hustle and larceney to go with it.I love your last sentance its so correct and beautifull. And your the first person that has given the correct answer. And you get the price for the day. You have the best answer I herd. Very Good. Keep up the good thinking. Great thinking. I hope you understand what you wrote? Thanks for the great answer.Maybe other people can focus on youre last sentance. And the can figure it out to. Because I no everyone is gitting smarter.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
Here are 2 questions.

1.Who taught you the game and is there someone in particular you would like to teach?

2. Do you play the same game everytime or play your opponent?
I play the game not my opponent. I play correct one pocket mistake free when I am realy playing . It does not matter who I am playing. Because its about the game. And I try to put my opponent in a position to make a mistake. But its All about the GAME not my opponent.Witch everyone is focused on who the are playing. When I start to play and cocentrate I dont think about anything but the game. My totale concentration and mind is on the GAME. Nothing but the game. And thats were your concentration should be on the game. If its on something else then you are not cocentrating on the GAME.

Skin

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
tHE ONLY tONEY i CAN THINK OF WAS A GREAT BASKETBALL PLAYER. Tony Herlin. I think he was from California and went to UCLA. But I dont no if thats the Toney. He use to buy a bag of popcorn in bensiger and watch me play. If the popcorn machine was their to long the popcorn would be full of bugs. And that was not very tastie to look at but you had to cheeck the bag befose you at the pop corn. Playing correct one pocket looks like suffercation. Because your oponent is always locked up and has nothing to shoot at. And if I played a session 6 ahead the were realy in trouble. I havant said anything about that part of the game yet. You win the million dollaer quistion. I put him in a position were he had no choice but to sell out. And people dont understand it because the have never seen anyone play that style. Even the players today dont play that style. And you have to no what you are doing. And it takes to much concentration and work to play that way. And you are putting a big strain on your mind and its a lot easier just to shoot by inatincte judgment and general direction. And thats why I only played it in a freez out and so maney games ahead. BUt if I would show it and explain it people would realy be surprised. And the would open their ears and eyes wide open. Because the would see and understand what I was doing and why I would have won. But just to play that way cheap all I would do is loose all my action. And I had the Hustle and larceney to go with it.I love your last sentance its so correct and beautifull. And your the first person that has given the correct answer. And you get the price for the day. You have the best answer I herd. Very Good. Keep up the good thinking. Great thinking. I hope you understand what you wrote? Thanks for the great answer.Maybe other people can focus on youre last sentance. And the can figure it out to. Because I no everyone is gitting smarter.

OK, Artie. Now for my second question which I did not post earlier. Thanks for answering my first question. Actually, I just have a comment about your last post, not relly a question this time.

I have though very long and hard about what you have been writing for the last week or more. And I have asked myself, how can you beat an opponent that can outshoot you and outbank you, and who plays good position and safeties. That is stuff you wrote that you did consistently and here is what I came up with.

The way to win is to get your opponent working to help you, make him help you, give him no choice but to help you. Because if both players are working for the same guy, how can that guy lose?

So, my guess about your secret to perfect one-pocket for the past week has been that you keep playing mistake free while looking for that oppotunity during the game to put him in a position where all he can do is shoot a shot that helps you - maybe he moves for you, breaks the stack for you, leaves a position for you, etc. Or sells out for you as you wrote above. That oppotunity probably doesn't come up more than a few times per game against a good player, so you'd have to concentrate and be patient.

Of course, that may not be the secret to perfect one-pocket. It would take great skill and thought to pull it off consistently. But it seems to me that the general strategy could not be beaten. You turn the game from the way most people play - player v. player - to both players serving one player's plan and goals.

I'm going to work on that way of thinking in practice for a while to see how it works and then I'm going to try it out in a game if I think I can do it. Maybe I'll be reporting back that I not only played a game mistake-free, but perfectly also.

I love the mental challenges of this game! It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your elegant thoughts here. It has been very stimulating for me to examine them and use them to build a sound, personal philosophy towards the game.

Skin

P.S. I realize what I said is basically what SinCityTee and you wrote. Not trying to claim an original thought here. Just putting what I was thinking also down on paper. It's means you're making sense to people, Artie.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
OK, Artie. Now for my second question which I did not post earlier. Thanks for answering my first question. Actually, I just have a comment about your last post, not relly a question this time.

I have though very long and hard about what you have been writing for the last week or more. And I have asked myself, how can you beat an opponent that can outshoot you and outbank you, and who plays good position and safeties. That is stuff you wrote that you did consistently and here is what I came up with.

The way to win is to get your opponent working to help you, make him help you, give him no choice but to help you. Because if both players are working for the same guy, how can that guy lose?

So, my guess about your secret to perfect one-pocket for the past week has been that you keep playing mistake free while looking for that oppotunity during the game to put him in a position where all he can do is shoot a shot that helps you - maybe he moves for you, breaks the stack for you, leaves a position for you, etc. Or sells out for you as you wrote above. That oppotunity probably doesn't come up more than a few times per game against a good player, so you'd have to concentrate and be patient.

Of course, that may not be the secret to perfect one-pocket. It would take great skill and thought to pull it off consistently. But it seems to me that the general strategy could not be beaten. You turn the game from the way most people play - player v. player - to both players serving one player's plan and goals.

I'm going to work on that way of thinking in practice for a while to see how it works and then I'm going to try it out in a game if I think I can do it. Maybe I'll be reporting back that I not only played a game mistake-free, but perfectly also.

I love the mental challenges of this game! It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your elegant thoughts here. It has been very stimulating for me to examine them and use them to build a sound, personal philosophy towards the game.

Skin
I can tell you I have never played a good player that shot or banked my speed if I would have gotten to play players even that played my speed in ability I would have never lost a session. If you play this way and keepimproveing on your knowledge and mistakesa you will improve a lot. And just improving on your knowledge and mistakes will improve your game. A good way to test yourself is by playing someone that you have been playing even with and after a month play them agasin and you will see your improvment. And you will play a different style because you have to stop and think and figure it out. And if your game did not improve I will ask you qoustions what you did why you didnt improve. With the new style of thinking you should improve your game by 10% to 20% and if youre game did not improve bt 10% to 20% I will figure out why and what is the problem. You have to be sincere and hoest and realy study and correct your mistakes. And with this new style your attitude and personality should alse change with your knew knowledge. Give it time and dont be discoraged. You can write nots every day what you learned. And its going to be very very hard in the begining because you have to figure it out before you shoot and why. It could also affect your shooting but its ok because you are learning and your focus is on thinking and not making mistakes. And you will even shoot less shots and waite for the correct time to shoot and start with a easy shot. Practice by yourself tell you understand what you are doing. Dont get discouraged and frustrated. Rome wasant built in a day. And if you find it hard to get the cueball and objectball that means you have not learned the control yet and need moore practice. But if you work at it hard and learn it their is no telling how good you can become. MEAT THE CHALANGE AND INBRACE IT AND DEVOUER IT. Its mental learning and controling the cue ball and object ball.If you are playing in a tournament or for money play to WIN not to practice. Their is a time to play and a time to practice. Dont worry about the secret to one pocket. What ever the secret is you still need to learn the basics first. And that will teach you and help your game. THe secret is not playing correct one pocket and mistake free. BUt you need to learn those tools to help your game. And it can improve your game a lot if you can learn to dothese to steps correctly. THeir is a lot more you have just started the beginning. You are correct have your opponent help you but you have to learn what to do to make that happen. Because the shoot better and bank better does not mean that the play better position. And it does not mean the run the balls better and it does not mean the dont make more mistakes by shooting gambling shoots and the dont no what the resulte will be and the trap themselves. And one the are in a trap I keep them their and dont let them get back on offense. Do you see why their game will change and them just shooting at their pocket and not placing the cue ball or object ball in the correct position were you hant the ball to be not just by your pocket. BUt on the bottom rail or in front of the bottom rail. You have to no what yopu are trying to do and the more things you do correct the more mistakes the other player will make. And freezing the cueball to the rail gives your opponent less things he can do. JUst like if you freez him to a ball makes a big difference if he is not froze to a bal. YOU make it hard for your opponent and simple for you. And its easier to make a mistake on a hard shoot then on a easy shoot. Get your opponent to help you is very good very important. You want to get your opponent were he will make the first MISTAKE. Dont look for magick and gimicks look for answers and saloutions. Take nots and practice what you are trying to learn. Learn one thing at a time. And learning and thinking is the key to improving your game. Good luck.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
PUT ALL THE NOTES TOGETHER WHAT I WROTE AND YOU CAN WRIGHT A BOOK ON PLAYING CORRECT POOL MISTAKE FREE. THATS ALL FOLKS.

Crickets.

All I'm hearing out there is crickets. It sort of reminds me of a college professor accidentally walking into a graduate level seminar and launching into an introductory, 101-level discussion about how to play the game right.

I mean, unless I've got the wrong read on the crowd here, most do not need the "1pocket for Dummies" version. And so far that's been about it. Most here know to play the score, and to think ahead, and make the other guy do what you want him to do. And we all want and would love to play perfect 1pocket. But just saying that over and over (along with "never make a mistake") isn't really of much practical help.

For my taste, I think I can pick, at random, almost any Accu-Stats match, with Billy and Grady doing the commentary, and get more, good, hardcore information about how to play the game right, than from what I've been reading here lately. Freddy, in a favorite aphorism, has repeatedly taught us all more, in one beautiful, short, memorable sentence, than all of the recent (and monstrously mangled) gobbldygook put together: "Never give up 'the move.'"

Maybe I'm alone in this opinion (and after all, that's all it is), but that's my 2cents.

Lou Figueroa

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
lfigueroa said:
Crickets.

All I'm hearing out there is crickets. It sort of reminds me of a college professor accidentally walking into a graduate level seminar and launching into an introductory, 101-level discussion about how to play the game right.

I mean, unless I've got the wrong read on the crowd here, most do not need the "1pocket for Dummies" version. And so far that's been about it. Most here know to play the score, and to think ahead, and make the other guy do what you want him to do. And we all want and would love to play perfect 1pocket. But just saying that over and over (along with "never make a mistake") isn't really of much practical help.

For my taste, I think I can pick, at random, almost any Accu-Stats match, with Billy and Grady doing the commentary, and get more, good, hardcore information about how to play the game right, than from what I've been reading here lately. Freddy, in a favorite aphorism, has repeatedly taught us all more, in one beautiful, short, memorable sentence, than all of the recent (and monstrously mangled) gobbldygook put together: "Never give up 'the move.'"

Maybe I'm alone in this opinion (and after all, that's all it is), but that's my 2cents.

Lou Figueroa

All the good stuff is in the thread that you have to pay $30,000 to read. ;)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
lfigueroa said:

Lou, you break me up!..:D .......You always chirp in at the right time to call a spade a spade. I too keep waiting for something of substance. But at least the price is right!

Doc

OldSchool

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
Crickets.

Lou Figueroa

Mr. lfigueroa, on the contrary, what you just wrote was NOT just your opinion, what you just wrote was THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH! I've wanted to post the same TRUTH myself, but I didn't think it was worth the bother -- but you inspired me. All of this supposed fantastic instruction that the great Artie has been monotonously posting for days and days is just obvious, common sense, one pocket thinking that any halfway decent one pocket player knows, and Artie says it as if he's saying something original -- what a freaking joke. I've showed these posts of his to a few strong one pocket players that I know, and they also think it's a joke. And these jock sniffers on the site here who keep posting things like, "wow Artie, thanks so much for sharing all of your knowledge" --- man, that is pathetic. And haven't you 'seekers of the magic knowledge' noticed that the few times you've asked Artie to give his actual shot choice in a specific situation, he doesn't answer -- just like a politician who avoids answering the question asked -- Why doesn't he answer ? -- because then his shot choices could be analyzed and found to be the same choices other seasoned one pocket players would choose -- revealing that THE SECRET MAGIC ARTIE KNOWLEDGE DOESN'T REALLY EXIST. And like I said before in an earlier post, Artie was a great one pocket player, and I know his game as well as any living human. I've seen Artie play many, many times, and studied his moving and shot choices countless times, and he didn't play with any SECRET MAGIC KNOWLEDGE -- he just played extremely smart, and executed extremely well -- that's THE REAL TRUTH, believe it.

And last of all, I also think Artie is ruining this site, posting 20 times a day and infiltrating every post with his egomaniac bs, and half of the time his posts aren't even referring to what the original post was about -- he obviously doesn't know what hijacking threads means.

OldSchool

Last edited:

chicagomike

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
Crickets.

Lou Figueroa

I'm always interested in what a better player than myself has to say regarding their theories and experiences. I never know when they may drop a crumb of knowledge my way that may give me some deeper insight into the game and make me a better player...thanks Artie

Lou, did you have any experiences or thoughts regarding the game that you wanted to share with the class?

-Chicagomike

Last edited: