Need ruling from old schoolers

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Owed balls

Owed balls

Owed balls are spotted after all of the game balls are pocketed or after a miss. If in your example you mean that Player A is giving up 11-8 and Player B has 7, then Player A runs the 8 balls on the table, then I would say that he puts up 3 for the game. If he pockets these he pays 2 for his fouls and continues shooting till he misses or wins. It's not that complicated. It's just that most of us have never put much thought into it. But that seems to be changing.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
from the rules on this site . Spotting balls
9.1 Balls are to be spotted on the foot spot, or in a direct line below the foot spot, and tightly frozen to other object balls that fall in or interfere with that line. However if the cue ball interferes, the spotted ball is to be placed on that line close to, but not quite frozen to the cue ball. In the event that the line below the foot spot is full and the bottom rail interferes with a spotted ball then balls are to be spotted on the same line, but above the foot spot.

9.2 Any penalty balls owed by the shooter, or balls pocketed in a neutral pocket, are to be spotted at the end of the shooter’s inning. However, if a player runs off all the balls on the table without reaching a winning score, then all such balls are spotted immediately (all at once, not one ball at a time), and the shooter continues their inning. At no other time in One Pocket are balls spotted during any shooter’s ongoing inning.

9.3 In the event of a handicapped game with the combined winning ball count needed by the two players or teams totals greater than sixteen at the start of the game, then the player going to the longer count must spot the first ball or balls they score, immediately at the end of the first inning in which they score, as necessary to bring the combined winning ball count back down to sixteen, at which point the game continues in standard fashion.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Artie, I agree with most of your opinion. But when you say that all owed balls must now be spotted you need to realize that the ball for the 9-8 is not an owed ball. It is part of the game. We refer to it often as an owed ball, but the fact is that it must be spotted to give the player a method of getting to 9.And a ball owed for a foul should not be paid until the shooter runs 9 or misses. By the way, I did go see Kevorkian once. He asked me for three hit and the pick.
YOU MUST HAVE WON BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL HER. ANd what I said is that all the balls get spooted if thier are no more balls on the table. All balls get spoted OK. I wouldnt play Kevorkian again. I hed he doesnt make any bad games. And whatever spot he gives he always wins. And I herd he puts his players to sleep. Have a great day.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dr. Jack

Dr. Jack

Artie, you are a classic. I'm laughing my ass off right now. Thanks for the lift. And my comments on this topic are over, just as in the poolroom.