My Apology To All

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
To anyone who was subjected to the things I wrote this a.m. I truly am sorry that you were forced to read it and that I wrote it. I lost control, which I rarely do, and used improper language on this site.

Thankfully, Steve has removed the offending posts of mine. I slipped to a low level temporarily and I won't do it again. This is a class site and should stay that way.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
To anyone who was subjected to the things I wrote this a.m. I truly am sorry that you were forced to read it and that I wrote it. I lost control, which I rarely do, and used improper language on this site.

Thankfully, Steve has removed the offending posts of mine. I slipped to a low level temporarily and I won't do it again. This is a class site and should stay that way.

Dennis

You wash your mouth out with Miller Lite, you Bad Boy.
Sorry I missed your rant. Inquiring minds want to know.
Rod.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:

Dennis

Dennis,

I did not see the offending post (by AB) until after you had allready responded, several times. I had allready decided that I would not respond to him.

I am NOT defending him, but certain good friends of his, have PM'd me saying he was probably "DWP" (Drunk While Posting)

As I have been guilty of "going off " on AB myself, ( and DWP) I did not have the balls to be as "descriptive" as you were.
I say we should forgive and forget. After all, the Eagles signed Vick, didn't they ?

Artie adds a lot to the color of this forum, and love him or hate him, I would hate to see him go into hiding, or worse, quit the forum over this incident.

San <---would hate to be left with only the Beard and Ghost to jangle with....That would be somewhat like Rosie O'Donell and Don Knotts, going into the ring with Mike Tyson. (I would bite ALL their ears off)

Last edited:

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
SJDinPHX said:
Dennis,

...Artie adds a lot to the color of this forum, and love him or hate him, I would hate to see him go into hiding, or worse, quit the forum over this incident...(I would bite ALL their ears off)

You're showing a lot of class, SJD. This is all just a tempest in a teapot, anyway. Just a bunch of woofing by some old road dogs that might be seen as getting out of hand only by those of an overly sensitive nature. I think both you and Artie have earned the right to occasionally skate on a DWP charge. I am against any censorship of posts - as for any "improper language" - this is supposed to be a virtual pool hall, not a church.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
demonrho said:
You're showing a lot of class, SJD. This is all just a tempest in a teapot, anyway. Just a bunch of woofing by some old road dogs that might be seen as getting out of hand only by those of an overly sensitive nature. I think both you and Artie have earned the right to occasionally skate on a DWP charge. I am against any censorship of posts - as for any "improper language" - this is supposed to be a virtual pool hall, not a church.
Billy I just called me and told me what I wrote on one pocket. Org. And I had a little bit to much to drink. And I want to apolagize to Dick and John and Dennies and to Steve Booth and all the people on the site. I havant been drinking for years were I lost my control. And I realy want to apoligize to everyone. I guess I am not a colerfull caracter when I am drinking. And the alchole beat me and got the best ove me. Its hard for me to stop once I get drunk and loose control. I guess it was good that I changed the drinking clouse with Dick. Because we wouldnt have played one game. And I would have keepte drinking and the pool game would not have matered. I guess people drink to but some excitement in thier life. I hope I didnt swear. And I am sorry for all the things I said. And I apolagize to everyone. When we get together and play Dick I will buy you a quart ove your favorite wisky. But I dont think I will be drinking with you. Because you wouldnt want to see my act. But I am sorry for the things I said and I apolagize to everyone. AB

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Billy I just called me and told me what I wrote on one pocket. Org. And I had a little bit to much to drink. And I want to apolagize to Dick and John and Dennies and to Steve Booth and all the people on the site. I havant been drinking for years were I lost my control. And I realy want to apoligize to everyone. I guess I am not a colerfull caracter when I am drinking. And the alchole beat me and got the best ove me. Its hard for me to stop once I get drunk and loose control. I guess it was good that I changed the drinking clouse with Dick. Because we wouldnt have played one game. And I would have keepte drinking and the pool game would not have matered. I guess people drink to but some excitement in thier life. I hope I didnt swear. And I am sorry for all the things I said. And I apolagize to everyone. When we get together and play Dick I will buy you a quart ove your favorite wisky. But I dont think I will be drinking with you. Because you wouldnt want to see my act. But I am sorry for the things I said and I apolagize to everyone. AB

Artie,

Apology accepted. Let's move on and forget about it like Dick said. We've all had one too many before and said or did something we regret. This is a new day. Yesterday's dead.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Told you so

Told you so

I told you he was probably drunk. (on my deleted post) I warned you all about that. Steve, I'm a little hot that the insightful, deductive post that I made in response to all the horror that went before was also removed. What was wrong with what I said? Steve, I was a sort of proud of myself for being so smart, and then semi-defusing the beef. No credit for the Beard.

Beard

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
fred bentivegna said:
Steve, I was a sort of proud of myself for being so smart No credit for the Beard?

Beard

I don't think any of us are too worried about you not getting credit for yet another thing that you know you have huge credit/admiration/accolades coming for...:rolleyes:....cuz all of us know all too well, how long and limber your own arms are, and what an excellent job they continually do of patting you on the back......:D:D:D

- Ghosty <--------Who himself, is the humble sort....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
My take on all this, the people that needed to apologize did and it shows the character of a person. That said, the reason I quit drinking was I had to apologize for my action one too many times. Being drunk is no excuse for bad behavior.---Smitty

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
San <---would hate to be left with only the Beard and Ghost to jangle with....That would somewhat like Rosie O'Donell and Don Knotts, going into the ring with Mike Tyson. )

Then you would know how Moe felt having to work with Larry and Curly. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.:D

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Should I snitch?

Should I snitch?

This might be a good time to release another story about a drunken Artie. He was visiting me down in Ft Lauderdale, and I invited him to a real square party with the local girls. Really square, no drugs, no booze. He was blind drunk when he showed up and immediately presented the piece de' resistance when one of the girl's mother walked into the room. He told her..xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxxx!!! (way to embarassing to really say, sorry)

Beard
trying to keep the pot boiling

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
You guys all bounced back with terrific class -- I have no problems. However, I do appreciate the expressed intentions to try to avoid participating in the worst conflagrations going forward, of course. I am proud of the general culture we have in here -- a lot of great stories and advice from people with terrific genuine direct experience. Like a few have already said -- it's a heck of a poolroom...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i was not up to read the posts but true words are spoken in drunken stupor. it was good to get off your chest whatever you said . now you know how you REALY stand. you can move on and be civil. everyone deserves at least a second chance. the good news is you dont have to kiss and make up:eek:

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
Well said ghost-meister...That's pretty good! :D

Although I haven't been here long enough to know that for a fact.

Or....do you guys really just forget to give Freddy credit when due?:D

I read it Freddy.....Kudos to you for a great observation.

Unfortunately..... I also read the other stuff:rolleyes: But I'm glad everyone has kissed and made up:)

On the flipside I've heard that that stuff you smoke won't give you that kind of boisterous feeling that was floating around here last night.....Any thruth to that?....Ghost-meister?.... I wouldn't know:D

Anyway....heres hoping for some good smoothe sailing in the days ahead.

george

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:

Thank you Artie, thats good enough for me, Peace Bro !

PS,..A quart of YJ doesn't go very far with me, RA, John and Dennis... could you find it in your heart to buy us a case ? .

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
fred bentivegna said:
I told you he was probably drunk. (on my deleted post) I warned you all about that. Steve, I'm a little hot that the insightful, deductive post that I made in response to all the horror that went before was also removed. What was wrong with what I said? Steve, I was a sort of proud of myself for being so smart, and then semi-defusing the beef. No credit for the Beard.
Beard, it just goes to show you: if you want to read the good down-and-dirty stuff on this site, you have to log on early in the day before Steve has a chance to expunge it.:D

I'd posted a roughly similar response to yours, sans the "Chicago apology". So, remembering the advice of our old friend Smorg, I stopped on the way home to pick up extra popcorn and root beer for reading the firestorm and arguments which the thread would have generated.

But lo and behold, when I logged on in anticipation, the rotten stuff was all deleted, and now everyone was cyber-hugging and kissing. It's a regular Hippie love-in! Shouldn't we alert demonrho and Fanny???;)

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
:rolleyes:
gbru said:
Well said ghost-meister...That's pretty good! :D

Or....do you guys really just forget to give Freddy credit when due?:D

About time somebody acknowledged that little needle that I stuck in Freddy....:)

gbru said:
On the flipside I've heard that that stuff that you smoke won't give you that kind of boisterous feeling that was floating around here last night.....Any truth to that?....Ghost-meister? george

George.......Any smoking or snorting of mood-elevating substances that I might have done (and I'm not saying that I ever did...:rolleyes:) was done many, many, years ago.

- The Sober Ghost

PS, George.......Are you gonna make it to Galveston ?

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
PS, George.......Are you gonna make it to Galveston ?[/QUOTE]

Ghost.....I'm still undecided......Got a lot of loose ends.

I would sure like to get some of my money back though...Ugh!...then again.... I could end up leaving some more behind.

I'll keep you posted if I decide to go.

george