Trolling For Egomaniac-Contrarians

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Had this situation come up the other day....I had pocket A and needed 3 balls to win...

I first banked the 1 cross-corner, played shape for the 3, then got on the 13, and I was out...

Should I maybe have played this differently?...I'm sure there are a couple of posters on the forum (not mentioning any names) that see a better plan here, that they can show me...looking forward to your valued input...:)...

:)...Ghost...:)

PS, I have a side-bet with my cat, as to who will be the first jokester to post that I was supposed to have three-railed the 3ball, for my first shot, and then banked the 1 cross-corner....fair gambler that I am, I let my cat have first pick...:D...I'll disclose who we both picked later.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWax3BOsK3CElm3DRuK3EUwK3FLiK3GIoK3HGDK3IDRL4JWcK4KUHK4LRVK4MYad4NOcK4OLiL3POiy4QdGs@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yep....look again.

Oh, the power of the edit...You should have let your cat type it up first..:rolleyes: Just a friendly tip..confine your wagers to the cat..:eek:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Hell... Tom Cruise could tell you that the 1 ball bank has more kiss written all over it, then Gene Simmons has had groupies.

So, I fired up my ole one pocket brain and instantly came up with your run out on Page 1 and Page 2 of this here WEI table.

I don't know what I might win for giving you guys insight into one of the greatest one pocket minds of all time, but let's just say this one is a freebie for ya"ll.:cool:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWax3BOsK3CElm3DRuK3EUwK3FLiK3GIoK3HGDK3IDRL4JWcK4KUHK4LRVK4MYad4NOcK4OLiL3POiy4QdGs3WElm1WAnn4WbKX3kOiy3kORv3kEdy4kcYC4kTxq3kbHp1kSMf4qBSsI_don't_know_why_you_guys_make_things_so_difficult_sometimes..._For_me,_the_right_shot_just_comes_to_me_without_even_thinking.__I_call_it_"The_Gift"&ZZ3rbuUYou_just_load_ole_whitey_up_with_a_bunch_of_that_inside_english_stuff_and_watch_that_3_ball_come_off_that_rail_and_SPIN_down_to_your_pocket.__Believe_me,_you_will_have_the_crowd_in_awe_and_for_sure_score_some_chicks!&ZZ@3AWax3BOsK4CJFL3DRuK3EUwK3FLiK3GIoK3HGDK3IDRL4JWcK4KUHK4LRVK4MYae4NOcK4OLiL1PRvg4QdGs4hYae4hbrb1kRvg4kYqQ4kckk3kbBo@[/CUETABLE]

senor

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Since I always so very much appreciate your input/advice...:rolleyes:...did I play these last three balls correctly?

- Ghosty

Clearly the 3 ball is cut-able into your hole :) Why bank one in when you can shoot one straight in :confused: ;)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
My cat is anxiously waiting to see all replies...he keeps bugging me to check the replies every 5 minutes...

Could be because if he wins, he gets a large chunk of the New York strip steak that I'm cooking for dinner tonight...and also he made me agrree that if he wins, I'll go to the animal shelter and bring home a very young (he's kinda like the Beard in this respect), gorgeous, fluffy, girl-cat, for him (preferably in heat, but like his master, he feels that he can sweet-talk her even if she's not in heat)...:eek:...:D

- Ghosty

PS, And he requested, if possible, a Siamese....just like all of us guys - he likes those asian girls....:D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Had this situation come up the other day....I had pocket A and needed 3 balls to win...

I first banked the 1 cross-corner, played shape for the 3, then got on the 13, and I was out...

Should I maybe have played this differently?...I'm sure there are a couple of posters on the forum (not mentioning any names) that see a better plan here, that they can show me...looking forward to your valued input...:)...

PS, I have a side-bet with my cat, as to who will be the first jokester to post that I was supposed to have three-railed the 3ball, for my first shot, and then banked the 1 cross-corner....fair gambler that I am, I let my cat have first pick...:D...I'll disclose who we both picked later.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWax3BOsK3CElm3DRuK3EUwK3FLiK3GIoK3HGDK3IDRL4JWcK4KUHK4LRVK4MYad4NOcK4OLiL3POiy4QdGs@[/CUETABLE]

Wasn't this posted by an Egomanic/Contrarian?

I'm confused. Even I could get out 50% of the time on this one. Prop bet?

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Ghost, i kind of like the way you played the table. I would offer a possible different solution, how about banking the 1 with some speed and draw. I want the cue ball to get up around the top 1/4 of the table this way if i missed the bank i would not sell out the simple bank on the 3 ball. From there i would play the 13 down the rail and come across for the 3. Again as i said i did like your pattern but i think this has some merits also. Sappo

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
sappo said:
Ghost, i kind of like the way you played the table. I would offer a possible different solution, how about banking the 1 with some speed and draw. I want the cue ball to get up around the top 1/4 of the table this way if i missed the bank i would not sell out the simple bank on the 3 ball. From there i would play the 13 down the rail and come across for the 3. Again as i said i did like your pattern but i think this has some merits also. Sappo

Oh my sweet Jesus!...I think he might be serious....:eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Oh my sweet Jesus!...I think he might be serious....:eek:

Anyone who cannot bank the 1 in, and get shape on the 3 from there...should never wager a dime on 1P. There is NO kiss...Any decent banker could actually hold it up too much, even on a dry table.(sorry Greg...right John ?)

And the correct phraseology is "egomaniacAL" contrarion. If you look up that word in Webster's...you will see three pictures. Miriam just could not decide between the three gentlemen [sic] he portrayed...I however, have my personal favorite..:rolleyes: (clue; they all reside in Chicago)

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
I am waiting to respond to this ego challenge until after I am sure that Ghost will not move the balls. He has already edited the original text once. :eek:

Skin

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:

So ...... just how many cows has your cat beaten you out of, 1 cut at a time, over the years? Does it play better than King?

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:
Anyone who cannot bank the 1 in, and get shape on the 3 from there...should never wager a dime on 1P. There is NO kiss...Any decent banker could actually hold it up too much, even on a dry table.(sorry Greg...right John ?)

I had hoped my humor would show thru on my entire post.... you didn't bite on any of it, did ya?:D :confused: :eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
I am waiting to respond to this ego challenge until after I am sure that Ghost will not move the balls. He has already edited the original text once. :eek:

Skin

Well there may have been a cuestick laying on the table and a piece of chalk might have been blocking a good shot at one of the balls. Other than that, the table was as depicted. Obviously the three is the shot:) .

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWax3BOsK3CElm3DRuK3EUwK3FLiK3GIoK3HGDK3IDRL4JWcK4KUHK4LRVK4MYad4NOcK4OLiL3POiy4QdGs3Sacv3TTaE3phpI3WElm4WdGr3kOiy3kGYh1kbfu1kJUj1kbNs1kXKs4uCUR@[/CUETABLE]

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Well there may have been a cuestick laying on the table and a piece of chalk might have been blocking a good shot at one of the balls. Other than that, the table was as depicted. Obviously the three is the shot:) .

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWax3BOsK3CElm3DRuK3EUwK3FLiK3GIoK3HGDK3IDRL4JWcK4KUHK4LRVK4MYad4NOcK4OLiL3POiy4QdGs3Sacv3TTaE3phpI3WElm4WdGr3kOiy3kGYh1kbfu1kJUj1kbNs1kXKs4uCUR@[/CUETABLE]

Well, duh.

That's a nice wallabushka you have there Dennis.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Skin said:

Skin

Ok Skin, Papie, and the rest of the 'post police'...:rolleyes:...as Dennis confirmed, no balls were rearranged...the edit that I made was just to correct my naming of a ball...since the colors are similar, I accidentally called the 3 ball the 5 ball in my initial post and had to change that.

- Ghost