Rules: who wins the game

BOX

Verified Member
From
Los Angeles California
OK here we go again you wouldn't believe how many guys play the game and don't know the rules I don't know them all but I know how to look them up here's what happened Saturday night late night action the game is a race to three for 200 player A go's to 8 player B go's to 7 both players won two games a pieces player A gets to the mound first 7 balls player B has 3 balls after Jockeying around player A makes a mistake player player B needs 4 balls runs 3 walks around the table to get the calk and starts to celebrate prematurely shoots at his Moneyball and it bubble up in the hole towards the TIddy on Brunswick Boulevard(the short rail between the players pockets) The rock winds up between the second and third diamond before the side pocket maybe a half inch off the rail player A's side of the table, his money ball is on the lower rail also may a inch away from his pocket,not able to make the cut, can't follow the ball in player B's pocket so(right only 2balls on the table) so player A shoots behind the ball in playerB's pocket hi karate inside English and pockets the ball The rock hi karates the short rail across Brunswick Boulevard and pockets player A's ball also. All Hell breaks loose this should be easy who wins the game as always thanks in Advance

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If I understand the question you’re asking
you’re saying player A made the game ball
For player B first then made his own game ball on the same shot
If that’s true player B wins because his ball was pocketed first and the game is over since he didn’t scratch
EDIT
the above is wrong.... I learned the right answer from those below
the shooter wins

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
III,

I'm not sure I would agree with that.
If a player makes his game ball during HIS inning then He should be declared the winner.
If that is a rule in the official rules of One Pocket then it should be changed.

A TIE should always go to the Runner.

Bill stroud

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
The shooting player, which is A pockets the game winning ball for player B but also on the same shot pockets the game winning ball for himself, thus player A wins. In our rules when a scoring ball is pocketed for the opponent and also for the shooter the order of which they are pocketed does not matter, thus the shooter's ball counts even if the opponent's scoring ball is pocketed first.

I know this is an unique scenario and not specifically covered in our rules, but I believe the above is as close as we can come to a conclusion based upon our rules. Maybe more rule clarity is needed. Whitey

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Shooter wins. He made his winning ball. Doesn't matter which ball fell first. As long as he made the winner in the same inning that he made his opponent's winner, shooter wins.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
It just came to me; that when handicapping if the shooter pockets the opponents game winning ball and also pockets their game winning ball then the shooter wins no matter which ball is pocketed first!
With our new layout I do not see how to access our rules, but this rule is either in our Official Rules in regarding to handicapping or it is under the heading of Handicapping. Whitey
I found the official OP rule under 3. Continuing Play, 3.2 Shooter wins the game, there are no ties.

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
Shooter wins. He made his winning ball. Doesn't matter which ball fell first. As long as he made the winner in the same inning that he made his opponent's winner, shooter wins.

Same shot.... Not the same inning!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i still find it hard to beleive
if you make his ball first
and dont scratch
the game isnt over and
he doesnt win

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Shooter wins if they pocket their game winning ball, even if they also pocket their opponent's game winning ball, and it does not matter which ball falls first if both balls fall in the same inning -- the shot is not over until all the balls come to rest :)

You know what is interesting about this rule, it shows up in THE VERY FIRST PRINTED ONE POCKET RULES! In handicapped games, yes it can come up a lot, so even in the very first published rules, this rule was included.The first printed rules I have found covering "modern" One Pocket, were compiled for the 1961 Johnston City tournament, and a couple of years later, in a Fats rule book.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Shooter wins if they pocket their game winning ball, even if they also pocket their opponent's game winning ball, and it does not matter which ball falls first if both balls fall in the same inning -- the shot is not over until all the balls come to rest :)

You know what is interesting about this rule, it shows up in THE VERY FIRST PRINTED ONE POCKET RULES! In handicapped games, yes it can come up a lot, so even in the very first published rules, this rule was included.The first printed rules I have found covering "modern" One Pocket, were compiled for the 1961 Johnston City tournament, and a couple of years later, in a Fats rule book.

Thanks for the reply steve

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
I think there is no pool game for which the written rules have ever specified the order balls are pocketed on a single shot. Bar-box eight ball is a different matter.;)