Forum To Do

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I wanted to keep track of everything in one thread so we can try to take care of everything that has been brought up. I will reply to this as things are taken care of and change them to red text in the master list on post 1.

Anyone can reply to bring up any new item that is not already on the to do list. Don't be shy, we cant fix it if we don't know its broken. And there may be things that can't be changed or fixed but we will do our best!
  • Fix ability to upload pictures [ This will be the most involved fix and will take place over a weekend when I can schedule it with our host server admin for assistance. If not this weekend coming up, I am hoping for sure next weekend ]
  • Consolidate / manage the stickies better
  • Get post numbers to show up while in "Latest Activity" mode
  • Fix post times to not be off an hour
  • Show user names under What's Going On instead of just Avatars
  • Change the top header on the forum to match the header on the main site
  • Add ability to go to the last page from the top navigation without having to scroll all the way to the bottom to do so.
  • Add the main site links back to the navigation like Hall of Fame, Events, etc. [ DONE! ]
  • Get working in Tapatalk [ FIXED! ]
  • Get latest posts shown first [ You can choose Latest Activity to accomplish this. You can also click the blue triangle next to the last post and it will take you straight to the latest post ]
  • Shrunk logo [ DONE! ]
  • Changed default to a lighter theme [ DONE! ]
  • Enlarged font to 80% instead of the default 62% [ DONE! ]

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
The Journal section allows for replies since the upgrade. I believe the idea was to only allow the poster to write whatever they they wanted without comment so ideas do not get lost.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
You did a great job on the updates, hopeyou understood my comments on it being difficult for an old timer, were not directed toward you , but my inability to adapt any more.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
cincy
thanks again for your efforts.
the old site had our official rules and "playing the game" in which shots and strategies also handicapping
can that be resurrected?

Skin

Verified Member
cincy
thanks again for your efforts.
the old site had our official rules and "playing the game" in which shots and strategies also handicapping
can that be resurrected?

Larry, I looked for that info recently as well. Found it this way:

HOME >> Menu >> The Game

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
The Journal section allows for replies since the upgrade. I believe the idea was to only allow the poster to write whatever they they wanted without comment so ideas do not get lost.

Thanks for the reminder Dave!

Unfortunately, they do not offer a way to disable replying in a certain thread / forum any more. They did however add the feature of "Blogs" which essentially would be the same thing. The difference is, when a member creates their blog, they have their own say in who can reply if anyone to their blog. So if they set it to nobody, then it will be just like the journals. Or if they decide to let someone else post in it with them, they can!

Not sure if its better to keep the journals as they are now where people can reply or try to copy and paste them all over into blogs, thoughts?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
You did a great job on the updates, hopeyou understood my comments on it being difficult for an old timer, were not directed toward you , but my inability to adapt any more.

No worries Billy, and no offense ever taken on that stuff, I like feedback and at the end of the day I can only do what I can do... ;)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Larry, I looked for that info recently as well. Found it this way:

HOME >> Menu >> The Game

Hey Larry (and thanks Skin!), I added those links at the top yesterday for all the main pages. They don't have the dropdowns for each option but once you click on any one of them to get to the main site, you now have those dropdowns to go to individual pages within each section.

Eventually I am going to have it like it used to be where the top header replicates the main site onepocket.org, but that will take some more digging on my end to figure it out, but I have added it to the list!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Hey Larry (and thanks Skin!), I added those links at the top yesterday for all the main pages. They don't have the dropdowns for each option but once you click on any one of them to get to the main site, you now have those dropdowns to go to individual pages within each section.

Eventually I am going to have it like it used to be where the top header replicates the main site onepocket.org, but that will take some more digging on my end to figure it out, but I have added it to the list!

Thanks cincy
btw
i tried to quote both skin and you but could not figure out how to quote multiple posts

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks for the reminder Dave!

Unfortunately, they do not offer a way to disable replying in a certain thread / forum any more. They did however add the feature of "Blogs" which essentially would be the same thing. The difference is, when a member creates their blog, they have their own say in who can reply if anyone to their blog. So if they set it to nobody, then it will be just like the journals. Or if they decide to let someone else post in it with them, they can!

Not sure if its better to keep the journals as they are now where people can reply or try to copy and paste them all over into blogs, thoughts?

Thanks for checking. Just making sure it was addressed...and of course you are on it! :)

Keith E.

Verified Member
First off, I definitely appreciate the time and effort that you continue to put in here.

For a distant second, could we get a "First Unread" option?

Thanks,
Keith

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
First off, I definitely appreciate the time and effort that you continue to put in here.

For a distant second, could we get a "First Unread" option?

Thanks,
Keith

Thanks Keith!

Not sure what you mean by that though.

For me, when I click on the One Pocket Forum, the threads at the top are the ones that have been most recently posted or replied to. If they are bold, then they have posts in it that I have not read yet. To get to the very last post in the thread you can use the little blue triangle to the right of the thread.

So if you are looking for the first unread post, it should be the one at the very top and continues down until the titles are no longer bold.

Hope that helps and makes sense, if not, let me know what you mean and I will try to assist!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
One more thing I found odd: when I log into a thread on my computer (Chrome), I do not see a way to go to the last page at the top of the thread. I have to go to the bottom of the page to go to last or click many times at the top page goto thingie. This is not the case on my phone, I am able to navigate from the top buttons anywhere, including the last page. Strange?????

Edit: I just figured out that you can enter the page number you want in the page view and it goes right there. So this would be a very low priority as there is a easy work around. Thanks!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Another thing I miss is that the avatars used to be larger; and underneath you could see how many posts a guy had, as well as when he joined. The join date can still be accessed by clicking on the avatar, but not the # of posts. Perhaps the new system is not formatted for that.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
doc
keep looking under your avatar
the join daate and number of posts is there
right above
tweet

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
doc
keep looking under your avatar
the join daate and number of posts is there
right above
tweet

Larry, I don't see the "share" or "tweet" listings. It does show join date. Perhaps I need the proper format selection. I've tried 4 or 5 with no luck. But I do hope they're able to enlarge the avatar images.

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
cincy, Howdy;

Like what you've been able to do with the place. How about a way to return to the
main forum page for each forum at/near the bottom like most forums have. Some
have a even have a fancy-schamcy selection box to choose which forum ya wanta
zip over to visit with ... if that's your desire. But, top of the Page button then re-
direct is ok.

hank

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, I don't see the "share" or "tweet" listings. It does show join date. Perhaps I need the proper format selection. I've tried 4 or 5 with no luck. But I do hope they're able to enlarge the avatar images.

doc i tried to screen shot your post to show you what i see but i could not upload the pic
check your text messages

Keith E.

Verified Member
Thanks Keith!

Not sure what you mean by that though.

For me, when I click on the One Pocket Forum, the threads at the top are the ones that have been most recently posted or replied to. If they are bold, then they have posts in it that I have not read yet. To get to the very last post in the thread you can use the little blue triangle to the right of the thread.

So if you are looking for the first unread post, it should be the one at the very top and continues down until the titles are no longer bold.

Hope that helps and makes sense, if not, let me know what you mean and I will try to assist!

cincy,

I was referring to a "View First Unread" post option when you open a thread. Another option would be that when you open a thread, you're automatically taken to the first post that's been made since you were last on the forum.

Again, you're doing a great job and it's definitely appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith