Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence/Boston area $1000 added One Pocket Tournament - Saturday November 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Providence/Boston area $1000 added One Pocket Tournament - Saturday November 6th

In an effort to rejuvenate one pocket here in the Northeast, we're holding what will hopefully be the first of many one pocket tournaments in the area. So, without further ado...

ONEPOCKET.ORG AND SNOOKERS PRESENT

SNOOKERS ONE POCKET FALL CLASSIC 2010

"One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

Handicapped One Pocket Tournament
    Saturday November 6, 2010
    Doors Open at 11:30am / Tournament at 12:30pm

53 Ashburton St, Providence, RI 02904
    (401)351-7665
    snookersri.com

AA (Professional One Pocket Player) – Gives A 11-7, B 11-6, C 11-5.
    A – Gives B 9-7, C 10-6.
    B – Gives C 8-6.
    C

$1000 ADDED GUARANTEED
    $50 Entry (Includes $5 greens fee)
    * Strictly limited to the first 24 paid *

Races To 2 (Double elimination)

Will pay out the top 25% of the field
    Payouts (based on a full field):
    1st - 35% = $728
    2nd - 25% = $520
    3rd - 15% = $312
    4th - 10% = $208
    5th/6th -7.5% = $156

Now taking pre-paid entries
    Contact Ray Mac at Snookers

This is great to see actually going to happen!

I'll be there to give it a shot, and get some photos
    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Twister, that looks like a great room! Ideal for one-pocket: 15 good lookin' GCIV's. It's nice to see a room which the owner keeps in great shape.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc
        Twister, that looks like a great room! Ideal for one-pocket: 15 good lookin' GCIV's. It's nice to see a room which the owner keeps in great shape.

Doc
        Yes, and they also host the New England Pool & Billiard Hall of Fame...

-- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Yeah, it is a very nice room and the owners do care a lot about the game. It should be a great tournament and I expect it to be a full field with the added money we have for such a low entry fee.

Comment

Bump to the top. Lots of added money for a low entry fee and a great pool hall. Come out and support the return of real one pocket to the NE.

Comment

What a great November event. So glad you got the HUGE added money.

Should be a great time.
              Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

Comment

Thanks Tom. Paul and I appreciate your input, and we hope to emulate the Hard Times tournament tradition of a large field and a one-day event. We do think that the added money is huge, especially considering the entry fee is only $50, and the money is added regardless of whether the field is full or not. Here's hoping to a little one pocket resurgence in the NE.

Comment

Hey Carey......You never said how your inaugural One Pocket tournament went - how many players, who won, any 'name players' show up, etc.

- Ghost
                  jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost
                    Hey Carey......You never said how your inaugural One Pocket tournament went - how many players, who won, any 'name players' show up, etc.

- Ghost
                    Ghosty,

You may have more info than I(being as Ghosts can travel around in time) but the title of his thread implies that the tourney will be on Nov. 6, 2010, a month or so from now.

RBL

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis
                      Ghosty,

You may have more info than I (being as Ghosts can travel around in time) but the title of his thread implies that the tourney will be on Nov. 6, 2010, a month or so from now.

RBL

Whoops...it ain't fun gettin' old......I thoughted the tournament was Oct. 6th.

- Ghosty

PS, I shoot at the wrong pocket too...
                      Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 10-14-2010, 12:22 AM.
                      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Another friendly reminder with just two weeks to go!!!

Comment

Is there a possiblity of a D player handicap?

I'd play, but C would be a stretch for me. Is there a D class handicap option?

Comment

I am playing is this too -- I'll be riding down from NH with my friend John Smith, who is also playing in it.

I got a few hours of One Pocket in yesterday with "twister" -- which we both definitely needed. He'll be there too. $50 entry and $1000 added AND handicapped and only 24 entry max field -- what's not to like?

If you are anywhere within range come on over to Snookers and join us. Snookers is a real nice room, with a bar and food in separate areas -- it is probably the most successful poolroom in New England right now.
                            -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

There are 14 paid entrants as of today!!

Comment

Working...
                              X