The Real Price off a Free Scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by androd View Post
    All the free pushes and scratches in one game are only worth about 9/7, maybe a little more or less. How can one a game be worth much?
    Rod.
    P.S. I've played at least 100 games giving up scratches don't count. The ideal situation you speak of is a not a reality.
    That's just like you Rod, always throwing water on the fire (or is it gas?).

As usual, you are on target. Glad I revived this thread.

RBL

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
      That's just like you Rod, always throwing water on the fire (or is it gas?).

As usual, you are on target. Glad I revived this thread.

RBL
      I think the disagreements are more about what one ball is worth -- especially to the weaker player -- than about what one free push is worth, because we know the push is worth one ball, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
        I think the disagreements are more about what one ball is worth -- especially to the weaker player -- than about what one free push is worth, because we know the push is worth one ball, right?
        If he had 8 pushes, he'd be a winner. Right.
        Rod.
        Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
        (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

• Originally posted by androd View Post
          If he had 8 pushes, he'd be a winner. Right.
          Rod.
          Heh. Seems more likely he'd be even instead of 8 in the hole.

There's no question that gaining a ball usually has a different value toward winning the game than not losing a ball -- sometimes more, sometimes less -- but a ball is a ball, whatever it contributes toward the eventual outcome.

Artie was really talking about what you're talking about... the effect on the eventual outcome which is the REAL vaue... and that's what all of us should care most about.

Just to be sure I can get you to agree with me I'll admit that I'm talking about something stupider... that a ball is a ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
            A ball is a ball.
            Yep no doubt about it. Although I'll never agree with Artie.
            Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
            (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Working...
            X