A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
In addition, he has an extensive collection of cues and perhaps the greatest collection of pool books anywhere. I hope he has arranged to have his story recorded. I suspect it would be fine reading. Just look around his digs and imagine . . . . :unsure:

I hope the same thing for the rest of you. There are people around you who will want to know. Who can tell them? Is someone working on yours, Rod?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Wonderful pictures! Here is a description of the equipment from 7 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he's replaced one of the carom tables with a snooker table by now:

"The room is 36' x 40' with 16' ceilings.

There are three 5x10' tables, all over 100 years old, all Brunswick, 2 are Arcade model, and one is a Kling.

They all have new liners, rubber and cloth.

The original plan was to have one carom, one pool, one snooker. That will still happen. Right now I have a pool and two carom tables. Both carom tables have new Klematch 37 rubber. One table has Simonis 300 Rapide cloth and the other is set up with the new synthetic cloth from Greece called Royal Pro. I did this to see how the new synthetic cloth plays and how it compares in play and durability to the Simonis. The reviews on Royal Pro from Europe are favorable after 2 years of use.

The Kling was bought from the home of a professional gambler in Topeka Kansas. Long long story and a good one. I met him at one of Grady's one pocket legend events in Olathe Kansas.

One Arcade came out of the pool hall in Coffeyville Kansas (Chicks Coop). It was a snooker table but had carom rails too. I bought pool rails for it out of Canada. Jim Mummert, the owner, and I remain friends to this day. He is in a nursing home.....about done.

The other Arcade came out of Oklahoma City. I have pictures of it in the OKC pool room where it lived most of its life. I bought it from Mel Cheek, a billiard player/billiard collector in Edmond Oklahoma (now deceased), who had it in his home.

The cue cabinet is Brunswick and holds (and has) 120 cues plus 3 drawers at the bottom. I bought it from a friend of over 50 years in Denver.
It too is 100 years old and in great shape.

Balls, racks, cues, animals.............all are memories from the years of my life (not trophys). Lights are store bought off the internet
."

beltsander bill

Verified Member
Wonderful pictures! Here is a description of the equipment from 7 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he's replaced one of the carom tables with a snooker table by now:

There are three 5x10' tables, all over 100 years old, all Brunswick, 2 are Arcade model, and one is a Kling.

The original plan was to have one carom, one pool, one snooker. That will still happen. Right now I have a pool and two carom tables. Both carom tables have new Klematch 37 rubber. One table has Simonis 300 Rapide cloth and the other is set up with the new synthetic cloth from Greece called Royal Pro. I did this to see how the new synthetic cloth plays and how it compares in play and durability to the Simonis. The reviews on Royal Pro from Europe are favorable after 2 years of use.

The Kling was bought from the home of a professional gambler in Topeka Kansas. Long long story and a good one. I met him at one of Grady's one pocket legend events in Olathe Kansas.

One Arcade came out of the pool hall in Coffeyville Kansas (Chicks Coop). It was a snooker table but had carom rails too. I bought pool rails for it out of Canada. Jim Mummert, the owner, and I remain friends to this day. He is in a nursing home.....about done.

The other Arcade came out of Oklahoma City. I have pictures of it in the OKC pool room where it lived most of its life. I bought it from Mel Cheek, a billiard player/billiard collector in Edmond Oklahoma (now deceased), who had it in his home.

The cue cabinet is Brunswick and holds (and has) 120 cues plus 3 drawers at the bottom. I bought it from a friend of over 50 years in Denver.

Balls, racks, cues, animals.............all are memories from the years of my life (not trophys). Lights are store bought off the internet
."

."
I would love to hear the "long story" about the professional gambler from Topeks, KS.!!! Topeka was my hometown for my 1st thirty-five years.:)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
In addition, he has an extensive collection of cues and perhaps the greatest collection of pool books anywhere. I hope he has arranged to have his story recorded. I suspect it would be fine reading. Just look around his digs and imagine . . . . :unsure:

I hope the same thing for the rest of you. There are people around you who will want to know. Who can tell them? Is someone working on yours, Rod?
Hardly ! no cues, no pool books, no fine trophy room, I'm just another hacker !

• Haha
Reactions: lll