A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words - Clean Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lll
    clare and jimmy reid(sp)(sorry clare if i have the spelling wrong) were together for many years many years ago

clare i like deeman am alittle surprised at your response
    obviously it has hit a sensitive nerve
    among us 1p players we have the smug attitude that we are the thinkers and the upper etchelon of pool players.
    since it take skills from all disciplines to be a good 1p player.
    9 ball players that can shoot and run racks have skill of course.(and us older players wish we could shoot like them .
    since we cant we boast how well we "move" )
    but it takes less brains to play 9,10,8 ball than 1p
    thats reality. tough if you cant accept that
    doesnt mean if checkers is your thing and you are achampion at it you have no skill but its not the same as being a grandmaster at chess.

all in all i think the post was sent in a good hearted intenet and i think you are all over the top

as the duck would say
    "but i still wuv you"

larry
    LOTS of things hit a nerve with me, Larry, but I'm not going to let this one slide. Man, Larry, I asked respectfully that some info not be revealed, yet you immediately came forth with it. What is up with that?

The champion players have always been disrespected and berated by some. They see them as losers, bums, degenerates. Yet, they LOVE to watch them play and they love to be entertained by them. I've had ENOUGH of it. I'm fed up, as you might say. I'm disgruntled, disappointed, and angered. Isn't this a POOL web site?

I know you guys all have some pathetic need to defend each other. Get over it

P.S. I like Deeman, too. what does that have to do with anything?

Comment

R.A. was known for his top speed sharking...but I would have to say that the two swimmers in this pic are getting sharked the worst that I've ever seen... >>>

- Ghost

PS, I sure hope they got away - that looks like a 10-footer...
      Attached Files
      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost
        The last time I posted up this pic was a year or so ago, after the 'beatle pummeling' glad I saved it for possible future use... >>>

- Ghosty
        Dear Ghosty: Please go back and read my post #24 where I politely and respectfully expressed my opinion and asked that SacTown Tom delete the picture. Sactown Tom chose to not delete the picture and also responded to me with more of the same stuff that the picture depicted (see his post #26).

I don't mind you putting your piece in, but I do ask that you read each and every post, rather than conveniently selecting certain ones.

Thank you in advance,
        Clare

Comment

I'm sure glad that I was working last night .

Comment

Originally posted by Clare
            LOTS of things hit a nerve with me, Larry, but I'm not going to let this one slide. Man, Larry, I asked respectfully that some info not be revealed, yet you immediately came forth with it. What is up with that?

The champion players have always been disrespected and berated by some. They see them as losers, bums, degenerates. Yet, they LOVE to watch them play and they love to be entertained by them. I've had ENOUGH of it. I'm fed up, as you might say. I'm disgruntled, disappointed, and angered. Isn't this a POOL web site?

I know you guys all have some pathetic need to defend each other. Get over it

P.S. I like Deeman, too. what does that have to do with anything?
            clare i was writing my response when you were posting yours. therefore i did not see your request although since ive been on the sight so long i did not realize that it was not common knowledge.
            i have deleted it from my post.
            and i apologize.

clare i like deeman should have been written something like this
            clare, i similar to deemans responce.....
            p.s. i like deeman too

Comment

What's up with this? Banning funny pictures? I thought this forum was supposed to be a cyberspace POOL ROOM not a Sunday School.

Comment

Originally posted by demonrho
                What's up with this? Banning funny pictures? I thought this forum was supposed to be a cyberspace POOL ROOM not a Sunday School.
                There has not been any banning 'from above' -- maybe some self-edits, but nothing from admin -- so far
                "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve
                  There has not been any banning 'from above' -- maybe some self-edits, but nothing from admin -- so far
                  there shouldnt need to be any banning from above
                  this is the CLEAN version so there shouldnt be any controversy

Comment

Clare,
                    This is a web site for One Pocket players to discuss the game and how it is played and enjoy stories and reminice.

I assume your One Pocket experiences are at the very best vicarious.

I respected your request and removed the picture. What I didn't expect from you is your childish response and accusations and name calling.

The picture will be in the Members Cafe for those that have PM's me.

I suggest that you not go into that thread or you will be offended again.
                    Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

Comment

Clare,
                      Are you really serious with these comments? I know you don't know me, but I've been on this forum and personnally know these posters and their sense of humor. Apparently you are quite different and need to be treated differently than the normal posters. Sorry, but I don't see that is my job.

I suggest that if you don't like my posts or their content, don't read them.

P.S. Yes, I want you to delete your post. You say that you do not want to disrespect players, yet you continue to do so. What on Earth is your problem? I am baffled, befuddled, and downright stupefied as to how you could possibly think that you could disrespect pool players on a POOL WEB SITE and get away with it. Your shit ain't funny.

Clare

Comment

Sactown Tom:

Just took a peek at your "Evolution of Pool" over in the members section and found it to be a very accurate depiction of the history of our noble sport. In fact, I'd be proud to wear that image on a t-shirt. (Ghostie or Freddie?)
                        Last edited by demonrho; 02-10-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SactownTom
                          Clare,
                          Are you really serious with these comments? I know you don't know me, but I've been on this forum and personnally know these posters and their sense of humor. them.
                          Tom,

I think you and I go back at least to about 1998 on CCB, where I was Snake then transitioned to DeeMan after 2000! i have always enjoyed your humor and the ability to give and take. You have done more for the game than many, even on here, know about!

I didn't mean to get into your business in this thread but I don't think there is a player out there that doesn't know how to take your humor which is all that poster was.

DeeMan
                          Memphis Mafia too
                          DeeMan

Comment

Hi Sactown Tom: I'm sure that you intended to make a really cute funny, but I do not find any humor in your picture. First off, from what I can gather, league play is where it's at today. I have been away from from the pool scene for quite some time, but from what I have been able to glean from this forum and other sources, it seems that league play is quite popular and those who run/own leagues make a rather handsome income.

In addition, I am offended by your cartoon as it depicts the 9ball, 10ball , and 8 ball players. How very offensive. In fact, I think Steve should ban your post. I'm quite serious. Steve removed a post by the Ghost that was no where near as offensive. This IS a pool site, isn't it???? And you disrespect players like that??

Sactown Tom, I suspect you meant no harm and were merely trying to be humorous, but from someone who has a very strong sense of humor, I am disturbed by your post, rather than humored by it.

I am not a player, but I was involved with an upper-echelon player/champion/hustler for about 4 years and I did a lot of watching. I can tell you that 9ball players ain't no monkeys and the 10 ball and 8 ball players ain't no Neanderthal men, either.

Please consider deleting your post.

Clare
                            I really try to stay out of the drama here because a) i'm pretty new b) i really just don't care who's barking at who. c) it's the internet.

But, I gotta say... this is just ... i don't even have the words. To me, Clare, *your* post is offensive. Why? Because you're supposed to be a veteran of this site (in posts, if not longevity) and pool players in general; right? Then how - HOW in the world can you throw up such a hissy fit about that graphic. If you've spent *any* time on this site, you know there's a certain animosity between 1P players and... just about everyone else. It's *known* and it's *accepted*. And you should know that.

Now you're bullying these other guys (who FAR exceed your seniority) to bend to your whim. And for what? You don't even play the game (any game). As a representative or whatever you do for whomever you represent, that graphic has absolutely ZERO impact on your business or "hustling-by-proxy".

This *is* a pool site, as you liked to reaffirm to everyone, which means people are gonna jab at people. Which you should also know, if you've spent any time in a pool room at all. Hell, *I* am an 8-ball league player, *I* am a 9-ball player - and I found that image to be entertaining - from the perspective of a 1P player. You should be able to appreciate that; instead of raising the flags and ringing the bells.

If you're the hippie your icon purports, then you should be an open minded, accepting and understanding individual, not the school marm; which is how I most often see your posts.

I'm not interested in getting into a big back and forth here - and I certainly don't wish to offend anyone, however I felt I had to point out the irony to the situation.
                            Blog: Johnny101.com (Pool Blog)

Comment

I think I met you on line just before you moved from AZ to TX then to GA and was orginally from Memphis.. our ties start there.

Has it been 13+ years? Wow..

Originally posted by Deeman
                              Tom,

I think you and I go back at least to about 1998 on CCB, where I was Snake then transitioned to DeeMan after 2000! i have always enjoyed your humor and the ability to give and take. You have done more for the game than many, even on here, know about!

I didn't mean to get into your business in this thread but I don't think there is a player out there that doesn't know how to take your humor which is all that poster was.

DeeMan
                              Memphis Mafia too

Comment

I doubt that needed to be said, but I also think many here are agreeing with you. Maybe Clare was just having a bad day. We all do.

I did move the pic to the Members Only section. Per her request to remove it from the main forum.

I'm not so sure I would have done that for any MALE pool players that found it offensive. Naw... I would have moved it for them also.

Originally posted by stljohnny
                                however I felt I had to point out the irony to the situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X