Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Do Here?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Do You Do Here?

    The other day, a guy missed his game ball (which was also my game ball) and left it like this:

    <a href="http://cuetable.com/Support/Installing_Adobe_Shockwave.htm"> <IMG SRC= "http://CueTable.com/images/CueTableShockwaveMsg.jpg" WIDTH=750 HEIGHT=450 BORDER=0> </a>
    CueTable Help

    Balls are *NOT* frozen, but only a 1/2 an inch between them.

    How do you defend with this layout? I tried to thin off the top side with lots of spin and CB back up near the head rail, but that still left it as a make-able thin cut (young guy, good eyes).

    I just had a thought, literally right this moment as I was previewing my post.

    ugh. sometimes I just need to write out the question before I can see the answer.

    Is there another option?
    Attached Files
    Blog: Johnny101.com (Pool Blog)

  • #2
    Taking a random stab at this, since I need to get me some learnin'..

    Couldn't you bank the 9 down to the short rail, taking the CB around to the upper-right part of the table or close to the other short rail?

    Comment


    • #3
      worst case scenario make the ball for him and jump the q off the table

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by stljohnny
        The other day, a guy missed his game ball (which was also my game ball) and left it like this:

        <a href="http://cuetable.com/Support/Installing_Adobe_Shockwave.htm"> <IMG SRC= "http://CueTable.com/images/CueTableShockwaveMsg.jpg" WIDTH=750 HEIGHT=450 BORDER=0> </a>
        CueTable Help

        Balls are *NOT* frozen, but only a 1/2 an inch between them.

        How do you defend with this layout? I tried to thin off the top side with lots of spin and CB back up near the head rail, but that still left it as a make-able thin cut (young guy, good eyes).

        I just had a thought, literally right this moment as I was previewing my post.

        ugh. sometimes I just need to write out the question before I can see the answer.

        Is there another option?
        extending your original thought what about this
        <a href="http://cuetable.com/Support/Installing_Adobe_Shockwave.htm"> <IMG SRC= "http://CueTable.com/images/CueTableShockwaveMsg.jpg" WIDTH=750 HEIGHT=450 BORDER=0> </a>
        CueTable Help

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Banks
          Taking a random stab at this, since I need to get me some learnin'..

          Couldn't you bank the 9 down to the short rail, taking the CB around to the upper-right part of the table or close to the other short rail?
          It's often easier to cut these shots with inside English as it helps with a thinner cut. Your idea is what I like here.
          Rod.
          Attached Files
          Rod.

          Rodney Stephens.
          (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by androd
            It's often easier to cut these shots with inside English as it helps with a thinner cut. Your idea is what I like here.
            Rod.
            I was just a little worried that the hit towards the short rail would push the OB towards the pocket. That being said, I was questioning my approach a bit with using left as once in a while it results in too soft of a hit.. the hit with right spin looks much easier to execute with similar results. Thanks.

            Comment

            Working...
            X