Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short cross banks...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Short cross banks...

    I have been having difficulty with the short cross banks that are close to the foot rail. The nearer the rail, the more trouble I have getting the cue ball out of the way. Any tips, or suggestions would be appreciated.

  • #2
    It's kind of hard to explain but I'll try. Your going to half to hit the ball thinner than you think.Try It with a little inside english,not alot just a little from center of cueball.about a tip or so. You might have to hit It harder than you have been also.Which might not be a good thing If your playing 1 hole.

    One other thing you can do Is raise your bridge hand up. Something about cueing down Into the cueball hepls hold those little shots better. Sorry If
    you think that's not alot of info,but man banks are so hard to explain In writing.lol Good luck and hope that helps.If It doesn't come back and wi'll
    try again. John B.
    Click here to order the DVD
    Click here to order JB shirts

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, John.

      Comment


      • #4
        TRPSTMR.
        Hitting down on the CB doesn't mean drawing it. Try keeping your grip hand very loose to help move the CB a little more.
        On most tables hitting down with center ball works for me. I usually start with a half ball hit, which looks wrong, but hitting down turns the OB for me.
        Rod.
        PS, Each table is different but you must start somewhere.
        Rod.

        Rodney Stephens.
        (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by androd
          TRPSTMR.
          Hitting down on the CB doesn't mean drawing it. Try keeping your grip hand very loose to help move the CB a little more.
          On most tables hitting down with center ball works for me.
          Rod.
          Very good Info Rod!! Thanks for helping me help him.John B.
          Click here to order the DVD
          Click here to order JB shirts

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by John Brumback
            Very good Info Rod!! Thanks for helping me help him.John B.
            I was still editing while you were posting. You're correct it's hard to put in writing. I will post a Wii shot to make sure we're on the same shot as T Steamer.
            Rod.
            Rod.

            Rodney Stephens.
            (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tramp Steamer
              I have been having difficulty with the short cross banks that are close to the foot rail. The nearer the rail, the more trouble I have getting the cue ball out of the way. Any tips, or suggestions would be appreciated.
              Hope this is he shot you're talking about.
              Rod

              <a href="http://cuetable.com/Support/Installing_Adobe_Shockwave.htm"> <IMG SRC= "http://CueTable.com/images/CueTableShockwaveMsg.jpg" WIDTH=750 HEIGHT=450 BORDER=0> </a>
              CueTable Help
              Rod.

              Rodney Stephens.
              (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by androd
                I was still editing while you were posting. You're correct it's hard to put in writing. I will post a Wii shot to make sure we're on the same shot as T Steamer.
                Rod.
                Ok,Yeah after reading his ? I'm not even sure If he's talking about holding It or maybe a cross over type shot. Guess I should read closer or better.lol
                Yeah put us a good one up. Here's a good ? for ya....Why does cueing down into the cueball help???? I know It does help but I'm not 100% sure why.
                Don't want to hijack Tramp's thread though. JB
                Click here to order the DVD
                Click here to order JB shirts

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by androd
                  Hope this is he shot you're talking about.
                  Rod

                  <a href="http://cuetable.com/Support/Installing_Adobe_Shockwave.htm"> <IMG SRC= "http://CueTable.com/images/CueTableShockwaveMsg.jpg" WIDTH=750 HEIGHT=450 BORDER=0> </a>
                  CueTable Help
                  Well If it Is....I told him to use the wrong english. On this shot you need alittle
                  center right. Center right not low right. And It does help to cue down on these kind of shots to make them take the english better. One mistake I see alot of players making on this type of shot Is getting to far away from the center of the cueball. It's kinda like less Is more..you could say. Lets here your way of making this shot. You seem to know alot about banks!!
                  Click here to order the DVD
                  Click here to order JB shirts

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by John Brumback
                    Ok,Yeah after reading his ? I'm not even sure If he's talking about holding It or maybe a cross over type shot. Guess I should read closer or better.lol
                    Yeah put us a good one up. Here's a good ? for ya....Why does cueing down into the cueball help???? I know It does help but I'm not 100% sure why.
                    Don't want to hijack Tramp's thread though. JB
                    When I'm hitting down across the OB without English on the CB, it seems to add English to the OB. If I add much English at all to the CB it doesn't happen.
                    Rod.
                    Rod.

                    Rodney Stephens.
                    (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John Brumback
                      Well If it Is....I told him to use the wrong english. On this shot you need alittle
                      center right. Center right not low right. And It does help to cue down on these kind of shots to make them take the english better. One mistake I see alot of players making on this type of shot Is getting to far away from the center of the cueball. It's kinda like less Is more..you could say. Lets here your way of making this shot. You seem to know alot about banks!!

                      What you are sayingb center right wii make the object ball breack better were low right will not make the object ball breack better.

                      So center right will make the oblect ball take the english better and hold it.

                      I cant bank but I think my thinking is correct if not then I will learn something.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by androd
                        When I'm hitting down across the OB without English on the CB, it seems to add English to the OB. If I add much English at all to the CB it doesn't happen.
                        Rod.
                        Yes your exactly right again.I guess It's some kind of collision Induced throw.
                        You can get the cueball to grab the object ball better,uh. Seems that when you put english on It..It just slips off the object ball and doesn't do anything.
                        John B.
                        Click here to order the DVD
                        Click here to order JB shirts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Artie Bodendorfer
                          What you are sayingb center right wii make the object ball breack better were low right will not make the object ball breack better.

                          So center right will make the oblect ball take the english better and hold it.

                          I cant bank but I think my thinking is correct if not then I will learn something.
                          Yes Artie,cueing low will only hurt, on this type of shot. For some reason when you cue low on this shot..the object ball won't take the english.
                          Center ball will throw It plenty.Hope that helps.John B.
                          Click here to order the DVD
                          Click here to order JB shirts

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by John Brumback
                            Yes Artie,cueing low will only hurt, on this type of shot. For some reason when you cue low on this shot..the object ball won't take the english.
                            Center ball will throw It plenty.Hope that helps.John B.

                            What that showes me is that you no what you are talking about.

                            And I think they should but you in with the two greatest banbers in life. Taylor Bugs and You John.

                            And I think you have earned it and deservie it. And I wish that you could get paid for what you and youre game is realt worth.

                            but the people who need too pay are the TV people. And the players should be getting the money. Not the promoters.

                            You think the promoters will like me more now that I said what should be done. I dont care. What they think.

                            Because the answer is with out the players THe promoters would be working at mick donnalds.

                            They what you to sugn papers so you cant get a nickle thats very nice off them too do. Thats because they are looking out for you. But youre the show and without you thier would be nothing.

                            Im just saying this maybe it will help were players will get some YV money or whatever they use youre game too male money on.

                            I never hold back. I say it howe I see it weather nobody likes it or not. But it has too be said and brought out in the open. Everyone is intiyled to eat and live a good life.

                            And that can only happen when things are brought out in the open.

                            But I think they should but you in the class with taylor and Bugs. And I no that would be a great honor for you. And you have the wright personality.

                            Just like taylor and bugs. And between the 3 off you guys playing together the 3 off you bankers can bank 50 no count. THats howe much talent thier would be.

                            Stay healthy and keep on banking. I said keep banking not going too the BANK. WAyching balls bank is very exciting too watch. And you see all the different thungs people can do with banks.

                            Enjoy the game that youre a champion at. AB

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              maybe when you hit low the cue ball wont get out of the way so quick and you compensate by hitting it a touch harder so that the spin doesnt take as much.

                              i think he might have been asking about cross corner where the object ball is on the long rail. and it is right that you hit thinner than you think as you push the object ball down the rail hitting it from that angle. and add english towards the short rail.

                              for me personally i like to use outside english and hit them as hard as i am allowed to by the shot.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X