What's the best shot?

treeMan

Verified Member
why not be aggressive?

why not be aggressive?

wild flyer for the win. just kidding.

but than again, in a chaep, friendly game?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AakW4BaiU3CLPo2PXgE3QcYt4Rcxt4UakW4UbiX3UYGe4VaiU1VLES3WLPo3WMOh2WUfj3WbKl2kXgE2kXgA3kKaV4kGji4kXPS4kbXk4kKeb4kJoU@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
treeMan said:
wild flyer for the win. just kidding.

but than again, in a chaep, friendly game?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AakW4BaiU3CLPo2PXgE3QcYt4Rcxt4UakW4UbiX3UYGe4VaiU1VLES3WLPo3WMOh2WUfj3WbKl2kXgE2kXgA3kKaV4kGji4kXPS4kbXk4kKeb4kJoU@[/CUETABLE]

Treeman for fun and practice you can try 50 different shots and moves. And you could even do it on the first try.

But the odds of coing it success full are to high foo shoot it in a money game or in a tournement.

Its like going too the race track the first time you go and you win.

You will go again because you think its easy and you can win.Soon they will have all youre money and everything you make.

Because you think you can win or get lucky and win.

Its like a tree once you take its roots thier is nothing left. A strong wind can blow off all the leaves and branches. But it cant take the trees ruuts.

In what ever we learn its great too have a great imagination. But you need something solid too make your game strong and learning the corecct shots will help you.

And you strengthen your roots by makeing good and correct choices. And learing a wrong shot is like haveing a broken branch.

I no you are kidding. But by making good choices will make you stronger. Like a tree and its roots.

I explained thiis way because off the name treeman.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
androd said:
I would have shot the same shot as you did. The problem I have is getting to much inside and leaving an angle for my opponent to play position.
That said I usually hit the 2 ball.
Its a decision to shoot or play safe off the 3 ball and under the 1 ball.
I usually shoot myself, the odds of making the ball or hitting the 2 ball are good. You may leave the CB straight in and far away, making it hard to get two balls unless you hit the 3 ball.:)
Rod.

Senor said:
Samiel, don't let anyone convince you that you shot a bad shot. The situation comes up a lot and there is nothing wrong with shooting it the way you did.

On another note, I can't imagine the best players in the game today would choose to go backward here. Cliff maybe, I've seen him take scratches in weird spots, but usually when he is giving up a lot of weight.

I can't believe the only two guys that would shoot the bank are from Houston. (Pool players heed this and hurry here)
I can't believe so many "knowledgeable" scared players would take an intentional foul here They should all hide under their beds.:D

Thank you Timdog24 for calling them out on this.
Rod.
PS, Don't know where you're from Samiel, hope you're from Texas also.:)

bstroud

Verified Member
I have suggested several different shots but if you NEED to win the game 100% the scratch is the best.

It puts all the danger on your opponent and if he makes any mistake (shooting or judgment) you WILL win the game.

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
I can't believe the only two guys that would shoot the bank are from Houston. (Pool players heed this and hurry here)
I can't believe so many "knowledgeable" scared players would take an intentional foul here They should all hide under their beds.:D

Thank you Timdog24 for calling them out on this.
Rod.
PS, Don't know where you're from Samiel, hope you're from Texas also.:)[/QUOTE

You can be the player with the big heart and be the first one too pay off. Thier is a big difference between heart.

And braines. I seen lots off people that played with lots of heart and showed how big thier heart was.

And all the did was loose thier money with all thier heart and courage.

And we all no what we call some one that looses his money because he had too much off a heart.

To much heart can turn you into the best sucker. And too much heart has got a lot off people hilled. Heart does not win over thinking.

Heart is like a one way street. It only goes in one direction. And the have a one track mind. One way only.

Thinking is the and the correct answer is the besy saulouion too a problem.

Its good too have heart but not if your choice is a poor decision.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Its good too have heart but not if your choice is a poor decision.

Thinking is the and the correct answer is the besy saulouion too a problem

Whether I shoot the bank or not, the intentional foul is a poor selection from this spot. Think about that ;)
Rod.

timdog24

Verified Member
bstroud said:
I have suggested several different shots but if you NEED to win the game 100% the scratch is the best.

It puts all the danger on your opponent and if he makes any mistake (shooting or judgment) you WILL win the game.

Bill Stroud

The scratch ONLY works here if your opponent is a sucker and does something silly off the back rail. If he has any sense at all, he will scratch right back at you. Now what? You've just trapped yourself. You are now the one in danger on your own accord. How can this possibly be the best shot? Like Senor mentioned before, do you really think any of the top players take a scratch here?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
timdog24 said:
The scratch ONLY works here if your opponent is a sucker and does something silly off the back rail. If he has any sense at all, he will scratch right back at you. Now what? You've just trapped yourself. You are now the one in danger on your own accord. How can this possibly be the best shot? Like Senor mentioned before, do you really think any of the top players take a scratch here?[/QUOTE

Ill let Billy S answer but if you read his post he said he does not play 3 fouls you loose the game.

He plays you take as many scratches as you want. If thats the case I also like his shot witsh I said ealier.

And I said if you play 3 sctatches and they sctatches back and forth you will have too make a choice what you will shoot. And from that angle you can realy play safe I never said it.

I said shoot the Two ball into the one ball. But thier realy is a shot You shoot the cue ball off the head ball to the side rail and the bottom rail behind the 3 ball.

I didnt see it when I replied because I forgot about the balls on the spot. That is the shot I would shoot.

timdog24

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer Ill let Billy S answer but if you read his post he said he does not play 3 fouls you loose the game. He plays you take as many scratches as you want. If thats the case I also like his shot witsh I said ealier. And I said if you play 3 sctatches and they sctatches back and forth you will have too make a choice what you will shoot. And from that angle you can realy play safe I never said it. I said shoot the Two ball into the one ball. But thier realy is a shot You shoot the cue ball off the head ball to the side rail and the bottom rail behind the 3 ball. I didnt see it when I replied because I forgot about the balls on the spot. That is the shot I would shoot.[/QUOTE said:
I see the shot you are talking about Artie. But, my point is - do you really like coming off the spotted balls and going behind the 3 from the back rail versus something easier you could've done before taking a scratch. Doing what you described is a touchy shot and needs to be hit good. And even if you hit it good, you didn't do much. And, you have sacrificed a ball to put yourself in this spot. Whatever you end up doing from the back rail is going to be more difficult than the spot you were in before. Just my opinion.

If Bill doesn't play the 3 scratch rule then who knows what happens. It could take a while..

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
timdog24 said:
I see the shot you are talking about Artie. But, my point is - do you really like coming off the spotted balls and going behind the 3 from the back rail versus something easier you could've done before taking a scratch. Doing what you described is a touchy shot and needs to be hit good. And even if you hit it good, you didn't do much. And, you have sacrificed a ball to put yourself in this spot. Whatever you end up doing from the back rail is going to be more difficult than the spot you were in before. Just my opinion.

If Bill doesn't play the 3 scratch rule then who knows what happens. It could take a while..[/QUOTE

Yes it could end up a tie. But I realy like the shot off the head ball behind the 3 ball.

treeMan

Verified Member
Thanks Artie, I really appreciate your insights into the game AND life.

tree

Artie Bodendorfer said:
Treeman for fun and practice you can try 50 different shots and moves. And you could even do it on the first try.

But the odds of coing it success full are to high foo shoot it in a money game or in a tournement.

Its like going too the race track the first time you go and you win.

You will go again because you think its easy and you can win.Soon they will have all youre money and everything you make.

Because you think you can win or get lucky and win.

Its like a tree once you take its roots thier is nothing left. A strong wind can blow off all the leaves and branches. But it cant take the trees ruuts.

In what ever we learn its great too have a great imagination. But you need something solid too make your game strong and learning the corecct shots will help you.

And you strengthen your roots by makeing good and correct choices. And learing a wrong shot is like haveing a broken branch.

I no you are kidding. But by making good choices will make you stronger. Like a tree and its roots.

I explained thiis way because off the name treeman.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
treeMan said:
Thanks Artie, I really appreciate your insights into the game AND life.

tree

A tree is only as strong as its roots. And a pool player is only as good as his ability and knoweledge.

And in lfe we are what our parentswere thats were we look too see who we are. The origon. And our roots. Knowledge can make a lot off changes.

Keep learning and searching tell you find all the answers you are looking for.

And If you have less ability then other players. The only way you can get as good as them is by knoweing more and playing better percentage shots.

And like I have said it over and over. Once you reach your poyential in ability. The only way too improve is through knowledge.

bstroud

Verified Member
Wisdom is something that unfortunately you need to be old to have learned.

Fortunately one pocket is a game where you are never too old to learn something new.

Just keep playing.

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
androd said:
I can't read too much of it, but this was a short one. :)
Rod.
PS, When he's right he's right.

Your kindness will never be forgotten. People dont realy dislike people.

Its just some people get iratated or aggrevated about what someone might say.

Because if we all would agree with each other all the time it wouldnt be much fun anyway.

But I can honestly say I dont dislike anyone on this site. And I had my differences but what does it realy mean.

Disagreeing doesnt mean anything. Because nobody raly has to take any side or shot.

It just gives us something too talk about and that makes us feel like were still alive. And gives us something too do.

I could never get realy mad at anyone no matter what the say. Because its only words and take. And some off the people get stimulated by arguing or busting balls.

I think everyone has contributed thier share and what they no and belive. And peoples opinions will all be remembered. And all off us have had our ups and downes.

And Im sure we all have experenced what life is all about. Our heart acks and pain and sarrois. And ouf joy and happines. And we all got too no each other. And we all had our momonts yalking about the game we real like.

And that is what has realy brought us together. And when one off our members is no longer with us we all feel the loos and pain.

And deep down inside we are all human beings. And part off the world. And Likt I have said over and over. Nodody is more important ot counts more then any one else.

We are all equal as human beings. And he all did different things in life and have had different lfe experences.

And we will allways be different then the other person. But what we all have in comon is the game we love one pocket.

And this is our group because off the game weather we except it or not.

And if thier would come a time were a crises would happen against us or the game. WE would all bond and stick together. No matter what it is.

And the say age makes us weiser and melowes us. I no it did that too me. And even weeker physycal.

But we are all luck too still be her. And we mite even get tommarow and see
what tommaro brings.

And I no in life we all havw been tested. So I am sure we all realize thier are no garantees or sure things. But to live and do the things we want too do.

And one off my favorite lines is the clock keeps ticking. So spend your time wisely. Good Health and a long life.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
When I was 16-17 I knew everything. Thank heavens I forgot it all.
bstroud said:
Wisdom is something that unfortunately you need to be old to have learned.

Fortunately one pocket is a game where you are never too old to learn something new.

Just keep playing.

Bill Stroud

Deadon

bstroud said:
What about a deliberate scratch over on his side and leave the 2 ball combination.When you spot a ball you hide the 3 ball.

NOW the situation is reversed. If he takes the combo and misses he loses.
If he goes behind the 3 he leaves a bank. I think he might be in BIG trouble?

What do you think? Don't know why I didn't see this sooner?

Bill Stroud

Thats like Artie's shot. Wouldn't your opponent then cross bank the spotted ball and with a little right, go back up the long rail? He might even make the shot and then run out.