B. Incardona vs. S. Smith 1998 W.O.P.#3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B. Incardona vs. S. Smith 1998 W.O.P.#3

Bill is up 2-1 in games and it's his shot here. What would you do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BI's shot#1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	402387

Wow, Billy looks in a world of trouble here. I'm assuming there isn't room to sneak down the rail by the closest ball to him to make the hanging combo?
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

If I could, I would shoot that stripe straight ahead into the ball hanging with speed and stop the cue ball and glance the stripe out of there. But, that might not be available. Then, I'd see if I could one rail kick the ball hanging in, but that doesn't look natural.

You might be forced to play a fram type of shot, shooting the one into the stripe, making the hanging ball with speed and draw the cue ball up towards the top right corner. Then you need some love from the pool gods.

Comment

Looks pretty bad from here. I say "Do Something-Pray & Hope" I would shoot the 9 into the inside of the 10 or whatever, since it should still clip the ball hanging in the pocket. Draw the cueball back on the rail and hope you get a better shot next inning. Hopefully leaving him 9 ft away and possibly blocked is all you can hope for.

I am NOT a Dr, nor am I related to Cole Dixon!

Name:	billy2.jpg
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	382796

Comment

Billy could kick off the side rail using Grady's english system, because the hanging ball is a decent target with sideboards. It looks like he would have to kick somewhere around the one and a half diamond, with a full tip of left english. But for me that would be a tough kick.

Another thought I had is to softly roll the cue ball (taking a scratch) to bump that combo that looks like it kind heads toward Billy's pocket, but leave the cue ball behind that wall. The idea being twofold -- one, to hope your opponent leaves you a better kicking or take out angle after their next shot, and two, hoping to create a makeable combo out of those two balls that your restricts where your opponent can leave you on their next shot.
          Attached Files
          "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
          -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

steve somehow i didnt read your last post as i was figuring if the kick would go using gradys system (if you remember the video i can hear grady saying "if that were blocked ......")
            i drew the rail hit alittle low

Name:	b1.jpg
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	382798

Comment

Originally posted by timdog24
              If I could, I would shoot that stripe straight ahead into the ball hanging with speed and stop the cue ball and glance the stripe out of there. But, that might not be available. Then, I'd see if I could one rail kick the ball hanging in, but that doesn't look natural.

You might be forced to play a fram type of shot, shooting the one into the stripe, making the hanging ball with speed and draw the cue ball up towards the top right corner. Then you need some love from the pool gods.
              Framalamadingdong...I like it. Sometimes your only hope is the special of the day.

The one rail kick might be ok, but I would think it was more ok if the cue ball wasn't on the rail. Obviously, the shot will need a little juice to the cue ball.

Red, that's a pretty sneaky little shot there to draw the cue ball back after playing the triple-lindy. That might be the ticket.

Comment

[ATTACH]2763[/ATTACH]
                Billy is in a real spot here! I might roll the CB off the left side of the 10-ball down to Billy's corner. Smith could only get one from there, which would take the hanger out of Billy's hair. Smith wouldn't want to break up the balls near his hole, and if he left the CB back up table Billy would surely have more options than his present leave.

It might be even better to roll the 10 right into the 2-15 cluster to try to get some stuff near Billy's hole. It would be important to try to use the 6-ball as a blocker.

If Billy could ever get down table, then he could start knocking balls away from Smith's pocket.

This also might be a good time to use a jump shot-- jumping over the 1-ball into the 12-9 combo.

I'm curious to see what Cardone did...

Doc

Comment

doc, new avatar for springtime?

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc
                    Billy is in a real spot here! I might roll the CB off the left side of the 10-ball down to Billy's corner. Smith could only get one from there, which would take the hanger out of Billy's hair. Smith wouldn't want to break up the balls near his hole, and if he left the CB back up table Billy would surely have more options than his present leave.

It might be even better to roll the 10 right into the 2-15 cluster to try to get some stuff near Billy's hole. It would be important to try to use the 6-ball as a blocker.

If Billy could ever get down table, then he could start knocking balls away from Smith's pocket.

This also might be a good time to use a jump shot-- jumping over the 1-ball into the 12-9 combo.

I'm curious to see what Cardone did...

Doc
                    if billy leaves him by his own ( billy's) pocket
                    why wouldnt he( smith) want to loosen up the 2 balls by his hole??

Comment

Possible Combination

does the 6 ball-8 ball combination go. i know its not easy but as the experts always says if it comes down to a tough safety or a tough shot , the shot is the correct choice. if the combination would go, i would slow roll the cue ball and leave it down at the bottom of the table so i could deal with the balls by the lizard's pocket

Comment

It looks to me that he can pass on the rail side of the oneball. If this is true, he should slow roll the combo in leaving the stripe makeable and, if possible, the cue behind the two balls near the pocket so as to give Smith little to work with if he misses the combo. He can make a few balls from here with forethought, precise shapes, and adaptability. The problem with the kick off of Smiths side rail is that it is only a one-ball run with substantial risk.

Comment

No kick shots for me. I like CaliRed's shot.
                          Although I'd mash the 1 ball into everything down there and draw back to the rail.
                          My game doesn't allow me to be too exact when shooting real hard , but I can hit'em hard enough to move many away, hopefully to my side.
                          As Jersey Red used to say
                          "I don't know where they're going, but they're not staying there."
                          Rod.
                          Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                          (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by CaliRed
                            Looks pretty bad from here. I say "Do Something-Pray & Hope" I would shoot the 9 into the inside of the 10 or whatever, since it should still clip the ball hanging in the pocket. Draw the cueball back on the rail and hope you get a better shot next inning. Hopefully leaving him 9 ft away and possibly blocked is all you can hope for.

I am NOT a Dr, nor am I related to Cole Dixon!
                            [ATTACH]2764[/ATTACH]
                            This looks like the best shot for such a bad situation. Maybe hitting the nine ball to go rail first, that way the nine or the seven ball or both might to your side of the table. If you leave him long he might not have a free shot and decide to go into a defensive mode. Good option Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by androd
                              As Jersey Red used to say
                              "I don't know where they're going, but they're not staying there."
                              Rod.
                              thats a good one

Comment

Working...
                              X