Greatest Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Cress

I haven't seen Bill in a few years. I first met him at Hard Times in Bellflower several years ago & got thumped playing one pocket & nine-ball. He was around San Francisco a few years ago for quite a while, but I have not seen him since. I thought he was still up in the Seattle area. I know he was in Portland for quite a while before he came down to CA, so maybe he is back there. I stick pretty close to home anymore (Sacramento area) & wouldn't see him unless he came around here.
    JOHN HENDERSON
    Al Romero Cue
    Magic Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy
      I haven't seen Bill in a few years. I first met him at Hard Times in Bellflower several years ago & got thumped playing one pocket & nine-ball. He was around San Francisco a few years ago for quite a while, but I have not seen him since. I thought he was still up in the Seattle area. I know he was in Portland for quite a while before he came down to CA, so maybe he is back there. I stick pretty close to home anymore (Sacramento area) & wouldn't see him unless he came around here.

Thanks JR.

I do know that Bill is in Portland and has been for a few months. I like the guy and was wondering how he was doing.

Lunchmoney

Comment

Bill Cress

I heard about two months ago in Portland, that Bill Cress is staying with his sister in the Seattle area...also heard his health was not real good.

Comment

Originally posted by ajrack
          I heard about two months ago in Portland, that Bill Cress is staying with his sister in the Seattle area...also heard his health was not real good.

Thanks for the info. I know that Bill's sister lives in Monroe and he stayed there a lot when he was up in my neck of the woods. I hadn't heard about his health problems though. If you hear anything please let me know and I will do the same.

Lunchmoney

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Cass
            I think his name was Freddy?
            Regards,

C.C.~~
            Freddy "The Beard" Bentavegna...limps cause he wouldnt get the surgery to correct the problem, played jam-up! I have a pic of him playing a backroom game in the 70's, one of my favorite 1-pocket guys!!

Voodoo~~~waited to make my 1st post a good one!!
            Originally posted by fred bentivegna
            He tries so hard he puts fingerprints in the slate.

Comment

Hey Steve, good to see ya found this site.

You have to have a wealth of 1P knowledge, didn't you run the Florida 1P tour a few years ago? and didn't Nick Varner win all the events?

Please share some of your stories with us... we're drooling over the anticipated gems.

Thanks

Originally posted by Voodoo Daddy
              Freddy "The Beard" Bentavegna...limps cause he wouldnt get the surgery to correct the problem, played jam-up! I have a pic of him playing a backroom game in the 70's, one of my favorite 1-pocket guys!!

Voodoo~~~waited to make my 1st post a good one!!
              Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

Comment

Marvin Henderson

Is that guy still around the LA area? I use to play him some, he hit em pretty solid. It was part of my learning experience, donating. LOL

Rod

Comment

Working...
                X